• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

The station building is very drab, but i guess it's no worse than something like Silver Star (also car-'themed').

Can't say the ride is of any real interest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They will just for this year have the claim to fame for having the two tallest and three fastest roller coasters in europe (excluding the SBNO Ring Racer) which is certainly something, can't think of any park that has been able to claim that in their entire continent. The area does look rather meh but the coaster makes one hell of a roah and I like how its a rolling launch so I am more excited than I previously was about this ride.

Slightly better POV. Looks fun. I'm still not fully sold on the 'park' as a whole.

I still don't get the long, flat section of track after the top hat. Just put an airtime hill in for goodness sake!

I still don't get the long, flat section of track after the top hat. Just put an airtime hill in for goodness sake!

I don't know how true this is but I think it has something to do with lap bars as opposed to OTSRs. Hence why TTD also has no airtime hill.

EDIT:

The new coaster has already claimed the life of a pigeon:

:)

Last edited:
The launch does look better than I expected, and I'm sure riding it would be very thrilling, but it's still probably the least interesting major coaster in years.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Good news though, all major ride will have Express Pass to ensure that this really is a living hell.

Do you know how much the Express Pass will cost? With there being very little in the way of rides and PA's ability of flogging loads of the express passes this may become hell on Red Force or the Freefall/bounce back towers.

I'm sure, like most Intamin coasters of tbis scale, it's very fast and quite intense.

But yeah.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you know how much the Express Pass will cost? With there being very little in the way of rides and PA's ability of flogging loads of the express passes this may become hell on Red Force or the Freefall/bounce back towers.

Apparently PortAventura Express Ferrari Land is €30 and allows one ride on Red Force, Grand Race to Maranello, Bounce-Back Tower, Free-Fall Tower, Racing Legends and Flying Dreams, if like the other Express Passes it will also include preferred seating at show venues.

You'll all be thrilled to know that PortAventura Express Ferrari Land has been reduced in price from €30 to €20.

God knows why they've decided to do it, I can only imagine the main queues were moving to quickly! :tearsofjoy:

Sorry to bump this thread, but Ferrari Land is apparently getting a kids' area for 2018 with 5 new rides:

Should be good. One of the main criticisms of Ferrari Land was the lack of rides.

New rides at Ferrari Land is well and truly needed, the lack of attractions made it a pretty boring place to be after several laps on Red Force.

This is great news, but it still won't address the problem that PortAventura World, including for both parks, desperately need more major roller coasters or e ticket attractions. It is rather shocking that such a major thrill park resort, with 2 parks, has just 4 major roller coasters. Ferrari land needs to have something major added, to absorb the crowds and reduce the pressure off the most stupidly and poorly operated coaster Red Force. Seriously 1 train operation in August, in the opening year, with what worked out to be an hourly capacity of under 250 people per hour, is absolutely abysmal and shocking, particularly for such a major resort, size wise.

New rides at Ferrari Land is well and truly needed, the lack of attractions made it a pretty boring place to be after several laps on Red Force.

I'm sure a kids area will be a great improvement for those who have got bored after Red Force! :tearsofjoy:

Still seems such a pointless second park to me. I was talking to someone about PA the other week and totally forgot they'd added it!

:)

I've always thought it would have made more sense as "Ferrari Land" in the sense of Nickelodeon Land or CBeebies Land, i.e. just a separate area inside the main park, included in the main ticket.