• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

Sign outside of Port Aventura (near the central fountain):

Overview of site:

Closer view of the size of the site in relation to the rest of PA:

Mostly groundwork going on and work starts at about 8AM and continues till after park close. Looks like they are putting in a number of hours to get this open as early as possible next year/following year.

Last edited:
Today PortAventura Director Luis Herault confirmed on 'this morning Catalunya' that Ferrari Land will open in 2017 with construction ending in late 2016. He also mentioned that guests will be able to purchase park tickets solely for Ferrari Land, or combined Hopper Tickets for PortAventura Park, Costa Caribe Aquatic Park and Ferrari Land.

It's going to be 5 years since Shambhala by this point. And there'll only have been a Splash Battle in terms of a new ride in 5 years? Unless there's something bonus in 2016?

Obviously a large coaster every 5 years is fine but still...

DARK. RIDE.

Footers have started going in for the coaster:

th720_7b1b1218372ae28feacf1a6f7c8c6c71.JPG

Source

:)

A look at how this park is progressing:

th720_ce917b99c865af12f15d8e03f1c555a0.jpg

Source: PA-Community

I can't help but feel that it really does look very small.

Calling this a "park" and charging seperate admission really is a p¡sstake.

Is that it? Wow, I thought that was just one of the sections. That does take the mick calling that a separate park unless the entrance fee is much, much smaller than the main park's, which it probably won't.

Woah, it looks much bigger on the concept art than it does there. I can only hope they expand it extremely quickly, by the looks of it the whole Park is smaller than Mediterrania in PortAventura Park.

The Intamin coaster track is now starting to arrive on site and supports have started to go vertical!

ob_f90771_th720-fc930ac7b628798bb36ec9c09fe5b5f6.jpg

ob_f1fe45_bh.jpg

ob_a2c198_20151206111125.jpg

ob_ccf963_20151206111050.jpg

(Pictures Courtesy of Wonder World Web)

It certainly seems to be using Intamins new track style, very bulky indeed. In terms of colour scheme, I can't help but feel that I would have inverted the colours and gone for red track with black supports? Anyway, exciting to see it go up and finally see how big it actually is!

I can't help but feel that I would have inverted the colours and gone for red track with black supports?

I agree, but wonder who the red would look when the trains start running around. Might be this way round to keep the red looking paint in better condition, without the wear and tear of having the coaster running round?

Ian

Supports will be the dominating structure present, so it makes sense for them to be red and the track the darker colour. It makes further sense when it seems likely the trains will be red also.

Yeah the colour scheme makes sense with the theme of the ride and I think it will actually look really good!

After much speculation today PortAventura updated the website to actually show Ferrari Land will open in 2017 as opposed to late 2016. To be honest this surprises me as the launch coaster is already going up.

ferrari_land_6_584x318_en.jpg

The coaster may well be going up, but it's the only thing the foundations are complete for and there isn't a sign of any form of tower crane. I don't imagine it will be topped out until spring next year.

Even after that, there's still all sorts of building work to be done. Whole buildings and infrastructure to be completed. Not to mention the hassle of wiring, electrics and plumbing to a whole new area of the resort! It'll take a surprising amount of time. But when you think about it if it were to open in spring/Easter 2017, that's only just over 15 months away.

It'll be here before you know it ;)

What Sam says. They're building an entire new park (albeit a tiny one) and that takes more time than just building a new coaster and support ride in an existing park. Looking at what's there at the moment there is still a lot of work to do. It makes sense for the coaster to go in first, get that out of the way and then build around it.