• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

I visited the Abu Dhabi attraction a few weeks ago, had a really good time. As cool as Formula Rossa was (the less said about the Maurer racer, the better), the highlight for the me were the non-coaster rides, in particular Speed of Magic. There is some real Disney quality to some of the rides there whereas some of the others are at the other end of the spectrum in terms of presentation.

I don't really 'get' this just yet - but I'll be sure to visit.

I visited the Abu Dhabi attraction a few weeks ago, had a really good time. As cool as Formula Rossa was (the less said about the Maurer racer, the better), the highlight for the me were the non-coaster rides, in particular Speed of Magic. There is some real Disney quality to some of the rides there whereas some of the others are at the other end of the spectrum in terms of presentation.

I don't really 'get' this just yet - but I'll be sure to visit.

There were rumours a while ago that the attraction 'Viaggio in Italia' (Flying Over Italy) would be duplicated from Ferrari World which I think would be a great attraction for PortAventura. For those who don't know it's the same attraction as Soarin' at the Disney Parks.

The coaster is now slowly but surely starting to rise upwards in the Spanish sun :)

th720_a5294f0f1c266f5a896fff78eb894142.jpg

(Image: Instagram @bloggercoaster)

Will be interesting to see how the views around the resort change once this starts to really break the height barrier!

I can only assume this is going to contribute to the existing views of Shammy and Furius Baco in further ruining the original simple beauty of the vistas from Mediterranea. Perhaps by being in a separate direction it won't be as bad, but I get the feeling that it will appear to tower over the original quaint fishing village aesthetic if viewed in certain directions.

I can only assume this is going to contribute to the existing views of Shammy and Furius Baco in further ruining the original simple beauty of the vistas from Mediterranea. Perhaps by being in a separate direction it won't be as bad, but I get the feeling that it will appear to tower over the original quaint fishing village aesthetic if viewed in certain directions.

Ah yes, the beautiful picturesque vistas you get from the high points in the park. Look at how the metal towers of the monstrous petrochemical compound glint in the setting sun... ;)

All that does is make you realise how small and limited the whole thing is, two proper rides in an entire park as well as some form of go-karts!? It all looks lovely but unless capacity is strict then queues will be awful.

Also I hope those OTSRs don't materialise on the coaster.

:)

All that does is make you realise how small and limited the whole thing is, two proper rides in an entire park as well as some form of go-karts!? It all looks lovely but unless capacity is strict then queues will be awful.

Also I hope those OTSRs don't materialise on the coaster.

It has more than two rides, it says the rest are to be revealed over the next few weeks.

Fair enough, I'd imagine that they will be smaller flat/round rides as there doesn't seem to be space for anything else larger. Maybe a kids coaster as well!

It looks simply terrible. They will probably charge an extra £10 just to do 3 extra rides. And we thought Merlin were cheeky and money-snatching....

Fair enough, I'd imagine that they will be smaller flat/round rides as there doesn't seem to be space for anything else larger. Maybe a kids coaster as well!

Id like to think there would be rides like that but I doubt it. I'd expect to see an attraction in the large building in the centre of the park and ofcoure the simulators, but other than that I wouldn't expect much more until Phase 2.

Some of the theming looks nice, although the park already have a nice Mediterranean part in PortAventura park itself.

The towers are only 180' now also, although they appear to be shot and drop so this is at least a different sensation to Condor.

There remains a startling lack of rides/attractions for a theme park, though - i do hope there are several support rides.

For a separate park this looks appalling....

If it was a new area of the existing park then I could understand it. I wonder how the pricing structure will work? €5 extra and your PA ticket becomes a "park hopper" is all I'd deem reasonable!

I think it'll be €20.00 atleast, as with many products you pay for, it's the name you pay for not the product itself and I don't see Ferrari only charging guests €5.00 / €10.00 for a ticket. You'd pay more than that for one ride at Pleasure Beach Blackpool. I'm expecting a price equivalent to Costa Caribe if not a bit less.

That is my big concern, you will be paying for the Ferrari brand and not actually what the product has to offer.

The hard truth is that if that Park wasn't themed to Ferrari, no one would touch it because there's nothing worth visiting it for. It's only the name that will draw people in.

Last edited:
Spanish people are obsessed with luxury car brands, you only have to look at the amount of Spanish people that walk around wearing Ferrari merchandise (despite obviously not owning a Ferrari).

It seems the term "poser" hasn't penetrated the Spanish lexicon, so it's no surprise that everything branded Ferrari is practically a golden ticket to printing money. The park will be wildly successful just based on the brand, it doesn't matter what the park offers, as long as they can take a selfie in front of a Ferrari logo.

If you think that £10 for three major rides is unreasonable then please tell me you'll never visit Winter Wonderland! Or any major funfair for that matter.

It's a theme park.

If Merlin segregated off one of their new rides, with a couple more fillers and a big sticker, and charged more for entry this place would melt.

I am not against it, it's their park, and I am sure they will rake it in from it for the myriad reasons already mentioned, but comparing it to a moving fair is daft.