• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

You've all been moaning about Furius Baco for years and I bet this turns out to be worse! You've got to admit at least Baco looks more aesthetically pleasing.

You've all been moaning about Furius Baco for years and I bet this turns out to be worse! You've got to admit at least Baco looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Back looks fine, because it's a low-to-the-ground coaster. Although I know the PA fans hated it for 'ruining' the Mediterranean area.

:)

To me, it seems a bit like comparing Analogue to Digital musical instruments, there's something about the air travelling down the cable, a warmth that's natural rather than calculated - I can't see how a LIM can beat what is basically a catapult :D

You've knocked your own analogy down there; there's clearly going to be a difference between a LSM/LIM and a hydraulic launch ;)

Maybe Intamin have devised a way to get more acceleration out of a magnetic launch? Shorter fins with a more intelligent control/switching system?

I've never ridden a coaster with a LIM launch, but I like the force of raw hydraulics.:D

I haven't been on many LIM coasters, but Cheetah Hunt 's 3 launches are all pretty weak.

However Anubis' rolling launch surprisingly packs a MASSIVE punch.

You've knocked your own analogy down there; there's clearly going to be a difference between a LSM/LIM and a hydraulic launch ;)

Maybe Intamin have devised a way to get more acceleration out of a magnetic launch? Shorter fins with a more intelligent control/switching system?

Perhaps my normal convoluted posting style + Sunday = crap explanation from me :D

Catapult - Analogue = More natural force, will have a less equal distribution across the launch, natural peaks/troughs in power/force distribution across multiple rides, and therefore feel more naturally raw & slightly untamed.

LIM - Digital = More accurate, calculated, regular, smoother, (also as technology improves, probably more power) but losing something in the process in terms of a pureness, or rawness of experience. Something I personally look for in a coaster. One of the reasons I find air sickly is the "smoothness".

So it's not necessarily just about power, it's about that power delivery & how that feels to ride.

Raw, and "analogue" Vs. digital and refined.

0-180 km/h in 5 seconds is what's advertised by the park as the acceleration for the coaster, I don't see it as being possible unless they're counting the 2 seconds as the train is rolling out of the station on the the magnets (like on iSpeed) as part of the acceleration.

Assuming that the train is going to launch straight out of the station and will reach 180km/h at the very end of the launch track, there is not enough space on the launch track for it to accelerate to 180km/h in 5 seconds as the launch track is only 70 meters.

Edit: Nevermind, I messed up with the length of the launch track.

Last edited:
The latest promotional concept pieces from PortAventura:

nuevos-detalles-de-ferrari-land-yqvyy.jpg

nuevos-detalles-de-ferrari-land-rdsr7.jpg

Restaurants Ferrari Land - PortAventura World Parks & Resort

nuevos-detalles-de-ferrari-land-1hrn8.jpg

'The Formula' - PortAventura World Parks & Resort

nuevos-detalles-de-ferrari-land-4cyvg.jpg

Torres de Rebote - PortAventura World Parks & Resort

OTSRs as well?!

I am getting annoyed, we all have thoughts on the park issue etc, but I thought we'd at least get some sleek, fast, dynamic coaster - OK it's not built yet, but the signs aren't good really are they.

Horrible supports, a seemingly contradictory launch - unless it packs a HUGE punch, BIZARRE break run, and OTSRs.

I hope this settles down to become the coaster I REALLY want it to be.

I wouldn't put any money on that. I don't know who designed this coaster, but they want shooting. In the face. With a cannon. A large cannon. Which is on fire.

We have switched roles :tearsofjoy:

You have to REALLY be a dullard to screw up an Intamin launch coaster. Launch, hat, little bunny hop thingy. Done.

Someone seems to have designed it with a set square.

Mr Designy Man: 'Those TowersStreet b%&*€@#s keep complaining about Baco, so we'll really give them something to moan about!...'

With how it's looking now, I'd have literally preferred them to put an exact replica of Stealth in its place even if it wasn't the tallest in Europe.

Mr Designy Man: 'Those TowersStreet b%&*€@#s keep complaining about Baco, so we'll really give them something to moan about!...'

With how it's looking now, I'd have literally preferred them to put an exact replica of Stealth in its place even if it wasn't the tallest in Europe.

Definitely designed by the Fiat Multipla team

I enjoyed iSpeed when I ride it last summer but the launch was nowhere near as powerful or intense as the likes of Stealth and Baco.

To be able to reach a height of 300 foot+ they'll need a more powerful launch mechanism surely?

I enjoyed iSpeed when I ride it last summer but the launch was nowhere near as powerful or intense as the likes of Stealth and Baco.

To be able to reach a height of 300 foot+ they'll need a more powerful launch mechanism surely?

Unless it's a Flintstone's style coaster?

Stay with me here, because things are about to get a little convoluted and a LOT crazy:

What if they've got stators on the pull-up and partially on the vertical section to give it an extra push to get up and over the top?