• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

thumb_th720_11c6816e50edee43d92254e1e06bf033.jpg

It doesn't look any better from this angle either! :p It looks like they wanted a hump like Kingda Ka, but didn't have enough room! Although, does that mean the launch on this is going to be more powerful? It does look quite a short distance from end-to-end.

(image from PAC via TPR)

Looks like they designed on Minecraft!

See the point on the launch though, but daaayyuuuum that's hugly

Think they've been watching too many videos from the "strangest coasters" section.

Particularly influenced by the Togo mouse.

There surely had to be enough room to do at least a small airtime hill in that space? As it is, that just looks hideous, it should either be one or the other, not a random mix of both Dragster and Ka!

It's certainly flying up anyway!

On a side note, what on earth is going off with the supports on this?

12669684_974229609318265_5416262515077770981_n.jpg

12647203_974229569318269_7367158764148895853_n.jpg

(Images: TPR)

It looks like a child has got a K'nex set and read the instructions all wrong!

Last edited:
WTF have they done with this coaster. :tearsofjoy: I dont know why it's got such a dodgy breakrun and weird supports holding the breakrun up. Bleugh.

Is it actually confirmed that it's an Intamin because it looks nothing like the others?

This is going to be a LIM, so 'intense' launch I'd definitely out of the window I'm afraid.

It's got have some force it looks a short launch run for a big top hat as was mentioned earlier.

Bloody confusing.

WTF have they done with this coaster. :tearsofjoy: I dont know why it's got such a dodgy breakrun and weird supports holding the breakrun up. Bleugh.

Is it actually confirmed that it's an Intamin because it looks nothing like the others?

You make a good point, I can't really pick out supports other than the obvious but this is starting to look like an Intamin launch knock off made by Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co based on Minecraft & as @Sammy pointed out, by a 5 year old out of K'nex.

I love these bloody things but that's a monstrosity so far.

Well the design of this has supposedly changed a couple of times, so we can only hope that they'll change it to a hydraulic launch!

The image that they're still using on RCDB is the original, which features the red track ans a very, very long launch track. Plus a Kingdom Ka style hill.

So this shorter launch track could well mean a change of tech.

Intamin can do some pretty intense LIM launches. Not as intense as hydraulics - but not far off. iSpeed and Maverick have great launches.

This ride does look appealing, but definitely not from an aesthetic point of view...The brakerun in particular looks awful and laughable.

Intamin can do some pretty intense LIM launches. Not as intense as hydraulics - but not far off. iSpeed and Maverick have great launches.

What reasoning would they have Dan for using LIM for a Ferrari coaster though?

Surely, if any coaster needs fast & intense, over the smoother LIM, it would be this one?

Unless it had a really long launch to get some smooth but incredible speed which this also doesn't appear to have.

Just can't make sense of this one myself.

The break run won't be visible, presumably - as it's round the back?

Sorry, I should be more clear with this. It's the section at the end of the ride where it awkwardly goes up and then what I presume is the brakerun. It just looks weird and unnatrual and should have a bunny hop like Stealth or Kingda Ka.

Sorry, I should be more clear with this. It's the section at the end of the ride where it awkwardly goes up and then what I presume is the brakerun. It just looks weird and unnatrual and should have a bunny hop like Stealth or Kingda Ka.

Ah yes. I don't really get it, nor do I get the number of supports.

Reactions: Ted
We all assumed Intamin had ditched the hydraulic launch as they hadn't done one for a while. Then this beast gets announced, with a top speed of 111mph, with a LIM launch. That surely had to confirm no more hydraulics?

I just pray that they changed their minds.

We all assumed Intamin had ditched the hydraulic launch as they hadn't done one for a while. Then this beast gets announced, with a top speed of 111mph, with a LIM launch. That surely had to confirm no more hydraulics?

I just pray that they changed their minds.

I've never ridden a coaster with a LIM launch, but I like the force of raw hydraulics.

To me, it seems a bit like comparing Analogue to Digital musical instruments, there's something about the air travelling down the cable, a warmth that's natural rather than calculated - I can't see how a LIM can beat what is basically a catapult :D!

But they do of course, bring their own issues... so I can understand why a LIM system would be preferable.