• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

Crikey it's 360ft?

Even if it looks a crock that will still attract visitors.

I think it looks impressive to be fair, I don't see why people have such objections to this ride.

Probably because it's going to be in a park which almost isn't worth visiting because of the lack of rides and that all they are doing with this coaster is a basic layout to beat their own current European height and speed records (Shmabhala and Baco respectively).

This coaster will be very thrilling - Kingda Ka is great! It's just not exactly the most exciting thing happening around the world at the minute. I'm really not sure why there isn't a hill after the top hat, would look so much more pleasing on the eye and give it a tiny bit extra.

:)

Probably because it's going to be in a park which almost isn't worth visiting because of the lack of rides and that all they are doing with this coaster is a basic layout to beat their own current European height and speed records (Shmabhala and Baco respectively).

Ferrari World will have a lack of rides by the looks of it, however if you consider that you will probably be able to buy a two park ticket for a pretty reasonable price, together with PortAventura, a huge amount of rides are available, one of the best thrill rides offering of any European park, except for maybe Europa.

Last edited:
I lost a lot of my enthusiasm for this project when I visited PA between Christmas and New Year. I just don't have any interest in revisiting any time soon.

PortAventura simply does not need this coaster nor the tower rides.

It needs other types of rides. Indoor rides, more developed and high quality family rides.

The coaster in this park is, quite literally, to beat their own record, it couldn't be any simpler really.

PortAventura simply does not need this coaster nor the tower rides.

It needs other types of rides. Indoor rides, more developed and high quality family rides.

The coaster in this park is, quite literally, to beat their own record, it couldn't be any simpler really.

Ferrari Land is nothing to do with PortAventura as directors such as Gianfranco Bollini have already commented in the construction vlogs and statements. The PortAventura Resort is just a location for Ferrari Land and it will have nothing to do with the other two Parks. Ferrari will have decided what attractions the Park would include not PortAventura, which I'm guessing lead to the similarity of attactions.

With PA being owned by a bank I'm guessing the monetary value of Ferrari over ruled the possibility of there being similar attractions in the new Park leading to the development going ahead.

The PortAventura Resort is just a location for Ferrari Land and it will have nothing to do with the other two Parks. Ferrari will have decided what attractions the Park would include not PortAventura, which I'm guessing lead to the similarity of attactions.

Do PortAventura pay you to advertise for them?

Do PortAventura pay you to advertise for them?

I've had my beef with @siralgenon over PA, but that was a fair comment from him.

I also, which is actually rare as I genuinely respect his insights, disagree again with @AstroDan.

I can see why Ferrari land would need that kind of coaster, it is really a good fit overall.

It will hold records, be commanding, imposing and attract a great deal of attention, the ride idea itself in that park makes perfect sense to me.

What doesn't, is how they've made it look so hideous and it's such a crappy layout - which in fairness to @siralgenon he's equally, if not more, vociferous in his criticism thereof.

Ferrari Land is nothing to do with PortAventura as directors such as Gianfranco Bollini have already commented in the construction vlogs and statements. The PortAventura Resort is just a location for Ferrari Land and it will have nothing to do with the other two Parks. Ferrari will have decided what attractions the Park would include not PortAventura, which I'm guessing lead to the similarity of attactions.

But is that how it will be publicly received? As far as most people will think it is a second park at PA. I don't think you can say that it will have nothing to do with the other two parks when they are all part of the same resort. If it has been designed with no thought to what is already there then it will be severely flawed. I highly doubt that has happened though.

A fast launch coaster of course makes sense in a Ferrari themed park. I just don't think a Ferrari themed park makes sense for PA. It will be very interesting to see how it performs once open.

But is that how it will be publicly received? As far as most people will think it is a second park at PA. I don't think you can say that it will have nothing to do with the other two parks when they are all part of the same resort. If it has been designed with no thought to what is already there then it will be severely flawed. I highly doubt that has happened though.

A fast launch coaster of course makes sense in a Ferrari themed park. I just don't think a Ferrari themed park makes sense for PA. It will be very interesting to see how it performs once open.

From a public point of view I don't think people will care / even take any notice. From an enthusiasts point of view it is frustrating. When you think of Disneyland Paris for example, PDL has Dumbo / Orbitron and WDS has Flying Carpets, and PDL has Space Mountain Mission 2 and WDS has Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. In both cases near identical rides with different themes, Im sure the public don't bat an eyelid and it will be the same in this instance.

Furius Baco is themed to wine, Shambhala to the Himalayas and the accelerator to cars. Hurakan Condor a temple and the others to Ferrari. To the public, they are just more rides, each different to their neighbors next door.

Last edited:

Thing is though, where else would it suit that wouldn't require huge standalone infrastructure?

The park on its own clearly wouldn't attract visitors of a consistent number given it's, well, not very big - tagging it onto PA after some thought does, to my mind at least, make business sense.

It should benefit both parties ultimately.

Doesn't mean I particularly like it.

It's ride offerings are rather sparse and unimaginative to say the least, I am not sure of the space it has to expand either.

Being far from its biggest fan, I still can appreciate @siralgenon's thoughts on it. I do think he's right, but I do get the sense he himself wishes he wasn't - it's less about creativity and more about whoring the brand basically & tapping into existing mutually beneficial infrastructures; which given who apparently owns the park, should come as no great surprise.

Intamin :)
image_1064.jpeg

I was going to say that this could be before torquing everything together, but I don't think they're going to be able to pull that straight with all the will in the world!

Image from PAC via TPR

Intamin have built launch coasters with layouts like these before, and barely any (if not, none) look as unnatural as this. Just why?