• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That's what I resorted to.
It's for a discussion of is it possible to best the Skyride from FV entrance to CCL exit via the gardens...

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
Probably not considering you have to travel much further dipping into the valley than just going in a horizontal straight line.

I'd say it's very, very unlikely that you'd beat the skyride, even running full pelt. Not only is it downhill and then uphill, but the paths wind sideways also for large parts. Then when you even make it to the top of the hill, you'd still have to peg it past Thirteen and Rita etc at which point you'd probably be pretty tired any way. Would like to see someone try it though, just for a laugh :)

I'd say it's very, very unlikely that you'd beat the skyride, even running full pelt. Not only is it downhill and then uphill, but the paths wind sideways also for large parts. Then when you even make it to the top of the hill, you'd still have to peg it past Thirteen and Rita etc at which point you'd probably be pretty tired any way. Would like to see someone try it though, just for a laugh :)
Might have to one day ;)
I'm thinking that with the sky ride queues quite large at times it might just be possible.

Oh yeah, if you take into account queues, it could be done for sure.

Also thinking that a quicker way could be via the top pond next to the Gothic Temple and through that side of the valley towards Battle Galleons, then a straight run past the white bridge, under the arch and straight up to CCL skyride station. Probably easier on the body than descending into the valley. Or something ;)

I don't know the route well enough to describe it, but the route I've taken through the gardens sounds like the one that @BarryZola alluded to. It's actually not that bad, unlike the Cross Valley Footpath which was invented by Satan himself.

Some places have race the train. Why not have a race the skyride.
I know that some cross country runners would be mad enough to try:D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Some places have race the train. Why not have a race the skyride.
I know that some cross country runners would be mad enough to try:D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
I'm not a runner but I wouldn't mind racing @spinball

That Cross Valley path is fine if you put some effort in to it, about 10 mins max I seem to remember from my days of going across there. Real challenge was to do Smiler > CCL Skyride > FV Skyride > Nemesis within about 20 mins and get the last ride on Nemesis.

Have a look at the Alton Towers Terms & Conditions. Basically you can take photos from within the water park itself as long as you know the people you're photographing. You cannot take pics from outside the water park.

[Edit] I thought videoing was not allowed, but cannot see anything prohibiting it now I've reread the T&Cs

Ah, just found this further down in the waterpark section:

Photography:

You are permitted to take casual photographs within the Attraction save for in the changing areas, toilets and showers. Any photographs shall be solely for private use and shall not be sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken by you and request that certain photographs are deleted if they are deemed to invade the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph any individual (other than family and friends) without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography restrictions in place whilst within the Attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, you must not take photographs or capture video footage of any individual(s) in the Attraction from any of the public areas overlooking it. Video recording of any nature is not permitted in any area of the Attraction. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.