• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They probably don't like Nemesis because it's old. New always means it's the best thing ever and so anything older must, by definition, be inferior.

They probably don't like Nemesis because it's old. New always means it's the best thing ever and so anything older must, by definition, be inferior.
How would the gp know how old the rides are? They go to ride them they don't know any facts about them

I’d personally give the GP a lot more credit.

No doubt Nemesis is still up there, it’s just that most people have been on it I’d imagine some people who visit every couple of years would want to try the ones they haven’t been on first imo.

I took my 11 year old niece on Nemesis for the first time and felt a proud uncle when she said it was the best rollercoaster :laughing:

What does the breakfast consist of in the crooked spoon, it says continental but surely it can't just be a selection of bread with nothing else?

Well...It is Alton Towers.

What does the breakfast consist of in the crooked spoon, it says continental but surely it can't just be a selection of bread with nothing else?

I think they do offer cooked breakfast in the Crooked Spoon, but bear in mind I last stayed in the EV in 2017.

Last time I stayed it's a help yourself buffet, you get a choice of cereal, croissants, fruit, toast, cooked food including sausage, egg, bacon, hash browns etc....

Going to Alton towers on thursday. What are the must attractions?

What are you into? Plenty of rides rollercoasters to choose from, it should be quiet enough to get on most rides and do most attractions. I tend to get in early, get all the main rollercoasters out of the way and then head for the rest of the rides before ending the day by doing all the coaster again.

Last time I stayed it's a help yourself buffet, you get a choice of cereal, croissants, fruit, toast, cooked food including sausage, egg, bacon, hash browns etc....

What are you into? Plenty of rides rollercoasters to choose from, it should be quiet enough to get on most rides and do most attractions. I tend to get in early, get all the main rollercoasters out of the way and then head for the rest of the rides before ending the day by doing all the coaster again.
What's your favourite 3 rides?

Now that Nemesis is 25 years old I’ve noticed looking back on old photos the trees have got taller around the top of the lift hill. If it was now do you think we’d see a taller nemesis/oblivion?

Not that I think it would make a massive difference but it has crossed my mind.

Now that Nemesis is 25 years old I’ve noticed looking back on old photos the trees have got taller around the top of the lift hill. If it was now do you think we’d see a taller nemesis/oblivion?

Not that I think it would make a massive difference but it has crossed my mind.

I noticed this too with the green section of track on Rita. Surely it means all the new coasters could be a little bit taller

I noticed this too with the green section of track on Rita. Surely it means all the new coasters could be a little bit taller
That's so the track can't clearly be seen in the autumn and winter when there's less foliage on the trees. They can't just build whatever they want and paint it dark green.

Whether they can build an embankment and relocate some tall trees on it or not to make the tree line higher is something I don't know.

Alton Towers used to float helium balloons around proposed areas for construction and then check if they were visible from outside the grounds, so presumably if the trees are getting taller then the rides can also be taller.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.