• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

If you really want fastrack, either buy the Silver one which includes Air, oblivion, nemesis, rita and TH13TEEN for £21, then buy a Smiler one on top of that for £7, or buy the gold one for £50 each, that includes one ride on the majority of rides. However some of them on the list are rather pointless and are most likely not to have much of a queue, eg ripsaw, heave-ho, battle galleons, Hex, Duel, etc.

You could always buy a fastrack ticket for the first day, see how you get on during the day. And then on the 2nd day either buy another fastrack ticket (they can be bought on the day at the same price), or go without!

Ok thanks for the advice guys!

To answer T's question, I am going by myself! Perhaps, I should get a cheeper fast track ticket for a few rides like silver. That way it gives me a bit more rexability and I would feel less inclined to use the fast track queue, If I feel I don't need to. Single riders, I've tried in the past and it has helped, but not all rides have it.

Also, I have booked a table at both the secret garden and emperors grill for my evening meals at the Alton Towers Hotel. What should I expect from the two restaurants and can I get a good meal from both.

Finally, a bit of topic but does anyone want me to take some pictures of my stay? i.e. park, hotel, smiler. You would be more than welcome to use them.

ImUrNemeis said:
Also, I have booked a table at both the secret garden and emperors grill for my evening meals at the Alton Towers Hotel. What should I expect from the two restaurants and can I get a good meal from both.

You can easily get a good meal in both restaurants, with Emperor's serving a steakhouse style menu and being a bit more upmarket. I personally would pick just one of the Alton Towers Hotel restaurants and then dine at Flambos (in Splash Landings) on the other night as it is an all-you-can-eat buffet with a great range of food available.

I think you might be able to find the menus for the restaurants on the Alton Towers website :)

It's also worth mentioning if you are staying over in the hotel you will be entitled to ERT, which means you can enter the park at 9am (like everyone else), but can go on a select few rides from 9-10, usually with very little queue, just show your park tickets (of booked with hotel package/online), or you room card holder (that has details of you staying over).

Rides include Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train, Hex, TH13TEEN, Heave Ho, Marauder’s Mayhem and Sharkbait Reef.

Details can be found on our ERT page: http://www.towersstreet.com/theme-park/early-ride-time

I looking to buy some Merlin Annual Pass Friends & Family tickets for Alton Towers but am not really sure how they work. My two questions are:
1) Once bought, how do I obtain the tickets? If on the day, where from and what time does the kiosk open?
2) Do these tickets entitle my friends to ERT?

Many Thanks :)

JAMMYD778 said:
I looking to buy some Merlin Annual Pass Friends & Family tickets for Alton Towers but am not really sure how they work. My two questions are:
1) Once bought, how do I obtain the tickets? If on the day, where from and what time does the kiosk open?
2) Do these tickets entitle my friends to ERT?

Many Thanks :)
You pick them up from the pre booked tickets to the left of the turnstiles. They are open from around 8:30 I think.

Also, RE ERT, I believe they do. At least, all the ones I've purchased before have, but ERT isn't being enforced this year anyway, it's a free for all.

Just a quick question, whilst I understand that the latest issue with The Smiler is unforeseen, I am visiting with guests tomorrow using standard tickets and was wondering whether there seems to be a fixed compensation/offer for those who were unable to ride The Smiler? Are tickets still being revalidated for example?

Ollie said:
Just a quick question, whilst I understand that the latest issue with The Smiler is unforeseen, I am visiting with guests tomorrow using standard tickets and was wondering whether there seems to be a fixed compensation/offer for those who were unable to ride The Smiler? Are tickets still being revalidated for example?

I imagine its probably a bit late now, as you have probably been. But earlier in the season when the Smiler opened late/broke for a few days, they would re-issue any tickets you had, you just had to go to guest services to get it signed.

Can someone please confirm where the fastrack queue merges with the main queue?

I need a rough idea, for a future trip with my grandchildren, how much time this could save and so be worth the purchase.

Sorry to fastrack haters but I worry when I do a trip without my daughter and my 'flock' are split up for too long!

When the boys managed to ride twice, whoop whoop, yesterday I asked them to check but they were obviously marmalised by the time they reached boarding station as they forgot to look if that was where it merged.

There was a problem first thing yesterday and after waiting for one and a half hours in the drizzle they insisted on clearing the outside queue line. That staff lady with the black hair who wears the yellow dungarees was the only one who managed to shift everyone from the outside queue. Some stalwarts wouldn't shift until she took charge, one scary lady. Luckily my daughter, who has this uncanny ability to know whether to linger or not, suggested staying around so the boys then joined the queue, for the queue, for the queue and only had to wait about 10 mins to go through entrance and experienced the ride for the first time.

Like 13, Smiler merges at baggage.

Expect to queue max.10 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

*merged the Smiler fastrack thread into Quick Questions*

Hi, where is the woodland walk exit ? Can it be used anytime in the day and where does it exit into the car parks, thanks in advance :p

It exits into the garden of the ATH. You can use it anytime of day to leave the park, you just need to use the intercom to allow entrance I believe.

thefatone said:
It exits into the garden of the ATH. You can use it anytime of day to leave the park, you just need to use the intercom to allow entrance I believe.
thanks where is it in the park ?

Oatcakedodger said:
thefatone said:

Forbidden Valley

The path starts behind Blade, next to the food outlets.

Dave said:
Oatcakedodger said:
thefatone said:

Forbidden Valley

The path starts behind Blade, next to the food outlets.
cheers after all the years of going I didn't know about this exit !

Can Woodland walk be used by people with an annual passes to get to Forbidden Valley faster during ERT or is it just for Hotel staying guests to use?

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Can Woodland walk be used by people with an annual passes to get to Forbidden Valley faster during ERT or is it just for Hotel staying guests to use?

Anyone can use it. just wonder through the AT Hotel to the back of the gardens. There is usually a staff member stood there checking/scanning tickets. And they can scan annual passes as well.

Hi guys I have a question about disabled tickets. I'm going tomorrow with 3 friends who will help me around the park as I'm partially sighted and will need them to help me to get on and off the rides and stuff. I've looked on the site and it mentions that I'd get a free carers ticket with mine and that other carers would be able to get discounted tickets. How much would their tickets be? Also I have a doctors note and my report from when I applied for my disabled students allowance at uni. Would they be okay to show the staff?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.