• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

Hi,

Heres a link for the AT Disability guide 2013 - which tells you what you need to bring and the rules for guests etc.

Sadly the website is abit poor in explaining the pricing structure for carers. I believe you pay a discounted price and get 1 free carer - but Im not 100% on that.

If you find us, let us know and we can pop up a disabled page on our site. Have a great day.

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFiles/Page_Content/About/Disabilityleaflet2013.pdf

Ben said:
Hi,

Heres a link for the AT Disability guide 2013 - which tells you what you need to bring and the rules for guests etc.

Sadly the website is abit poor in explaining the pricing structure for carers. I believe you pay a discounted price and get 1 free carer - but Im not 100% on that.

If you find us, let us know and we can pop up a disabled page on our site. Have a great day.

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFiles/Page_Content/About/Disabilityleaflet2013.pdf

Just to add to this, I'm in the middle of planning a series of visits for a service user I support. I've got the guide and obviously my knowledge of the young man and what he needs, but I'm going to email Towers and ask them various questions, including pricing for additional carers (one goes free but this young man needs three!).

I will post whatever I find out here. It'd be great if you could have a section on here giving advice for people with special needs/disabilities.

MeganMuse said:
Hi guys I have a question about disabled tickets. I'm going tomorrow with 3 friends who will help me around the park as I'm partially sighted and will need them to help me to get on and off the rides and stuff. I've looked on the site and it mentions that I'd get a free carers ticket with mine and that other carers would be able to get discounted tickets. How much would their tickets be? Also I have a doctors note and my report from when I applied for my disabled students allowance at uni. Would they be okay to show the staff?

As far as I know, if you buy tickets on the day you will pay full price, and one carer is admitted for free. Once you're in the park a doctor's note should be valid proof of your disability to receive the ride access pass, as I have always used a diagnosis letter. You will then be issued a wristband and a access pass, a piece of card where on entry to a large ride (Rita, Oblivion, Nemesis, Air, Thirteen and The Smiler), the current queue time is noted and you can't ride another large ride until that time has passed.

I believe you are allowed up to three carers with you on the access pass, if you need assistance on/off rides then this has to be provided solely by your support. For all smaller rides, you simply enter through the disabled exit and there are no time limits on these, for example you could go on Hex three times in a row through the disabled entrance if you wanted.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions then PM me as I visit regularly with a disabled family member. :)

The Disabled pays full price/whatever listed price on the website and the carer comes in free. Others can use special offers like BOGOF to enter the park.

Slightly different to what Vicky says - the smaller rides do have time limits, in that if you wish to reride you need to wait that queue length. It just doesn't get written on the card. So, if Submission has a 20min queue you cannot reride instantly, however you can go straight onto enterprise then hex straight after, for instance.

Does Gerry Cannell (Dr Kelman actor) appear in a Wiltshire farm foods advert, playing a bloke called Eric?

Question: Has anyone else seen these feral cats around towers. They tend to generally hang around on the mexican cantinas roof and in forbidden valley. This one is in FB
cat-1.jpg

Yeah they have had cats roaming the park for years, that one i think is known as "ripsaw".

The black and white one who lurks in FV I believe everyone calls Ripsaw. Unfortunately he appears to be rather fond of eating people's vomit :S

I have seen a cat with a collar on in mutiny bay. As long as they keep the rat numbers down I dont mind them.

I think a few locals pet cats also roam the park as well, the ferral ones seem to be concentrated more towards the valley.

Ripsaw is a sick sick cat :p

I’ve heard that you can buy Smiler fastrack tickets but they aren’t advertised on the website (I don’t want to pay for a premium package). Can anyone confirm whether this is true and where you get them from and how much?

AltonBuzz said:
I’ve heard that you can buy Smiler fastrack tickets but they aren’t advertised on the website (I don’t want to pay for a premium package). Can anyone confirm whether this is true and where you get them from and how much?

Go to the Box Office on Towers Street as soon as you arrive in the morning. They are £7 each and you choose a time slot of an hour. You can arrive at any time during that time slot.

You can also get them from a kiosk just before you go into X Sector, but it depends if that's the area of the park you want to go to first. They only sell a limited amount so you should get them as soon as you arrive.

Hope that helps :)

Do Alton Towers have a policy in which coach/minibus drivers are granted free entry to the park?

They might do, i'm not 100% sure, but you do always see loads of coach drivers wondering around the par during trips season!

I found a document that says

all badge-holding/uniformed drivers can obtain a free entry ticket to the theme park from the coach park host or coach park kiosk on the day of the visit.

I wonder if this is extended to Minibus drivers?

The question I have is what does AT mean by badge holding. Drivers own companies Staff ID, PSV digicard, or do trading Partners have a card issued by AT?

Best thing to do is ring AT and ask about drivers.

delta79 said:
I wonder if this is extended to Minibus drivers?

It is indeed! Well, at least it was for us today anyway. We were given a free admission ticket for our driver upon entry to the coach car park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.