• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

Sent them a letter at the beginning of this month and received one back the following week. Granted it was a standard fobbing off reply but still, shows my letter was opened at the very least! :)

Anyone know if smoking is allowed in the outside area at Cariba Creek. Need to know for a family member.

Also re Guest Services never replying. I sent a complaint communication snail mail thinking the fact I paid for a stamp might encorage a response. It took them over a month to reply but the letter was very polite and I did get some Fastracks as well.

Carolyn said:
Anyone know if smoking is allowed in the outside area at Cariba Creek. Need to know for a family member.

Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Resort except those that say 'Designated Smoking Area'. As this is part of the Waterpark, I highly doubt that you would be allowed to smoke here unless there is a section that allows you to. :)

In regards to Guest Services, I've had replies the day after a sent a question and the latest I've had a reply is a week later. They are quite friendly when speaking to you as well and I've had quite few nice, quick conversations with them over email.

Wow, that elicited varying responses! I wasn't expecting that hence I mentioned you all :)

I am way over the 10 "working" days, which I presume they mean Mon-Fri, even though Towers is open 7 days a week or it would be pointless mentioning it.

Good to find their service is consistent...
(Excuse the multiple quotes, just wanted to thank you all for responding and mention you in the reply! Slightly unorthodox for this specific thing! ;D )

Amy_D said:
Ben said:
Hi,

Heres a link for the AT Disability guide 2013 - which tells you what you need to bring and the rules for guests etc.

Sadly the website is abit poor in explaining the pricing structure for carers. I believe you pay a discounted price and get 1 free carer - but Im not 100% on that.

If you find us, let us know and we can pop up a disabled page on our site. Have a great day.

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFiles/Page_Content/About/Disabilityleaflet2013.pdf

Just to add to this, I'm in the middle of planning a series of visits for a service user I support. I've got the guide and obviously my knowledge of the young man and what he needs, but I'm going to email Towers and ask them various questions, including pricing for additional carers (one goes free but this young man needs three!).

I will post whatever I find out here. It'd be great if you could have a section on here giving advice for people with special needs/disabilities.

Re: The above. I visited last week with a disabled service user and now have much more information about this but wasn't sure where to post it. In the end I've done a trip report, so if you want to use any of the information for a section on here, that's where it is. :D

Amy_D said:
Re: The above. I visited last week with a disabled service user and now have much more information about this but wasn't sure where to post it. In the end I've done a trip report, so if you want to use any of the information for a section on here, that's where it is. :D

Cheers!

A couple of quick (and quite silly) questions ;)

1) The 'after ride close' bus, I assume that is still from the park gates?
2) Would I be able to just walk into Flambo's and get a table at around 6pm on a monday? or would I need to book do you think?

Just to be sure ;)

What time does the Smiler usually open? Assuming it isn't closed down or running late, does it open at 10:00? Or does the queue open earlier?

And what about queuing for it during ERT? I'm going tomorrow, and I'm planning on doing Nemesis a few times before moving to X-Sector. Will there be many people queuing at, say, 9:30 or 9:45?

Sorry about making it so complicated, but it's my only trip to AT this year, and I want to get it right.

Nick said:
What time does the Smiler usually open? Assuming it isn't closed down or running late, does it open at 10:00? Or does the queue open earlier?

And what about queuing for it during ERT? I'm going tomorrow, and I'm planning on doing Nemesis a few times before moving to X-Sector. Will there be many people queuing at, say, 9:30 or 9:45?

Sorry about making it so complicated, but it's my only trip to AT this year, and I want to get it right.

It and the queue open at 10, although on a few occasions they have opened the inside queueline slightly before 10 so that it's filled by the time it's supposed to open. If you get there anytime before 10, then you will wait no more than 30-45 minutes.

cotda said:
A couple of quick (and quite silly) questions ;)

1) The 'after ride close' bus, I assume that is still from the park gates?
2) Would I be able to just walk into Flambo's and get a table at around 6pm on a monday? or would I need to book do you think?

Just to be sure ;)

not sure on point one but as for flambos, you need to be a resident of the hotels and its best to book as it does sell out.

Fireworks at the Towers 2013

I was at AT on Tuesday with family and friends and while running around to get on the rides before close we noticed a poster about Fireworks at the Towers in November. My friends said the poster said the entry price was £19.50.
I've looked on the website and can't find any tickets for £19.50. Don't suppose anyone else read the poster better and can give me some more info?

Re: Fireworks at the Towers 2013

That probably would be the price if you bought your tickets for the event whilst still on park, from the box office at the bottom of Towers Street, as a higher priced bounce back.

Cheers Natalie, you're probably right, cheesed off we didn't think about getting tickets sorted while we were there :(

I've asked this question on another forum, but not had a straight answer, so...

What is the time slot of fastracks for? I booked a fastrack adrenaline for next thursday and was prompted to select a half hour time slot, does anybody know what this is for?

The timeslot is for Rita due to its poor throughputs compared to others - so you choose when you want to ride Rita, the others you can enter whenever you fancy.

Where is the best place to put a posting asking about an advert that was filmed at AT in the 90s.

delta79 said:
Where is the best place to put a posting asking about an advert that was filmed at AT in the 90s.

Ask away here, i'm sure someone might be able to help you.

thefatone said:
The timeslot is for Rita due to its poor throughputs compared to others - so you choose when you want to ride Rita, the others you can enter whenever you fancy.

update: I collected the fastrack as soon as we got into the park (about 9.15) and the fastrack ticket on the end had no mention of any time for any of the rides or even anywhere on the ticket! So the time selection in all seems like a pointless addition.

manxman said:
thefatone said:

update: I collected the fastrack as soon as we got into the park (about 9.15) and the fastrack ticket on the end had no mention of any time for any of the rides or even anywhere on the ticket! So the time selection in all seems like a pointless addition.

They use the same booking infrastructure as Thorpe which I believe do utilise the time slots, so it could be something to do with them lazily using the same system.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.