• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

smudge said:
Last night I experienced a Rita e-stop. Now this might have happened to me before in the que, but I was unaware if it did. (Not sure how common it is.)

This time I was on the train, and the operator explained over the tannoy something like "the ride has had to be e-stopped because someone in row 8 had their mobile phone out so the ride will be down for at least 25 minutes, guests are recommended to try another attraction"

Now I understand why it was e-stopped, but maybe someone could enlighten me as to why it takes at least 25mins to reset? I had to wait for stealth to 'shut down' and 're-start' for summer nights this year and that was done in less than 10 mins.

Also the guy could not ride, understandably, but personally I think he should have been ejected from the park. There would have been close to 1000 people in that que. Not to mention the strain it put on the staff.

Rita is a joke, frankly. The thing is down more than a broken elevator. Was down pretty much all of yesterday, for some reason or another. I can't wait for the moment it's ripped out and something worthwhile and reliable is installed in its place.

^ The operations are diabolical too! I had just come from Nemesis, where the operations were spot on, every seat filled, no stacking, minimal faff, then onto Rita. Single riders que had 3 people in it so joined that, and must of been there for 10 minutes, even though there were empty seats. (Even after me pointing this out to the member of staff 'batching' - I use that term very loosely.)

The thing is, I actually quite like the ride, the launch is fun and although the layout is poor, it offers a couple of semi-decent airtime moments (especially at the back) and a sense of speed. I have to agree with you though Alastair, the amount of problems, how it looks and how poor the throughput is, I am never sad if I miss it due to there being a wait of over, say 10 minutes :)

smudge said:
^ The operations are diabolical too! I had just come from Nemesis, where the operations were spot on, every seat filled, no stacking, minimal faff, then onto Rita. Single riders que had 3 people in it so joined that, and must of been there for 10 minutes, even though there were empty seats. (Even after me pointing this out to the member of staff 'batching' - I use that term very loosely.)

The thing is, I actually quite like the ride, the launch is fun and although the layout is poor, it offers a couple of semi-decent airtime moments (especially at the back) and a sense of speed. I have to agree with you though Alastair, the amount of problems, how it looks and how poor the throughput is, I am never sad if I miss it due to there being a wait of over, say 10 minutes :)

I entered the Dark Forest on 3 separate occasions yesterday, on two of the times Rita was down and on the third it was running one train with a giant queue. In addition, Thirteen was down once and when it was up had over an hour queue (the same length as The Smiler). The entire area is laughable really, it has so much potential but with only two unreliable coasters (one very poor capacity also), there simply isn't enough to soak up the crowds.

smudge said:
Does anyone know if the FHT opening will occur in 2014?

Found nothing on the AT website. I love attending that time of year, and have done as much as possible. The hotels always have a good atmosphere too.

Thanks.
This is now advertised on the queue time board at towers.
1378042_557665094303939_1746028253_n.jpg

If you buy a fastrack for The Smiler can you choose a time slot? Want to ride it in the dark but don't want to be late off park because of the drive home. Thanks :)

Yes you have to choose a time slot for the Smiler, however they do sell out quick, so best buy one as soon you get to the park in the morning (either box office or sales and information kiosk).

smudge said:
Last night I experienced a Rita e-stop. Now this might have happened to me before in the que, but I was unaware if it did. (Not sure how common it is.)

This time I was on the train, and the operator explained over the tannoy something like "the ride has had to be e-stopped because someone in row 8 had their mobile phone out so the ride will be down for at least 25 minutes, guests are recommended to try another attraction"

Now I understand why it was e-stopped, but maybe someone could enlighten me as to why it takes at least 25mins to reset? I had to wait for stealth to 'shut down' and 're-start' for summer nights this year and that was done in less than 10 mins.

Also the guy could not ride, understandably, but personally I think he should have been ejected from the park. There would have been close to 1000 people in that que. Not to mention the strain it put on the staff.

I'm not 100% certain and someone may enlighten more but I think it's if the ride e-stops during the launch sequence. Before the launch happens but after the sequence begins there is a lot of pressure in the accumulators and I would hazard a guess if the launch is stopped something has to be done with that pressure, then reset the system.

Either stealth was an e-stop when there wasn't a launch sequence in progress or the newer launchers reset easier.

djtruefitt said:
Yes you have to choose a time slot for the Smiler, however they do sell out quick, so best buy one as soon you get to the park in the morning (either box office or sales and information kiosk).

Do you have to buy them on the day? For example on Saturday would it be possible for us to buy one for Sunday?

Pixie-Ro said:
djtruefitt said:

Do you have to buy them on the day? For example on Saturday would it be possible for us to buy one for Sunday?

I'm not 100% certain but I do believe you have to buy them on the day.

Was the toyland tours theme used during scarefest at any point? It was COS wasn't it?

Not this year, unfortunately! 2010 - 2012 had a really creepy version :)!

Sent using Tapatalk

So, I was queuing for Oblivion last Saturday. It was pretty busy so I had been queuing for a while. I saw someone in my party staring into the sky and asked him what he was looking at, so he pointed, and hovering in the sky was one of those parrot drones, with the four propellers and the camera. The drone was circling X-Sector for about twenty minutes and after that I didn't see it again. Wondering if anybody knew what the drone was for? We came to the conclusion it was probably looking at queue lines or something...

Olii said:
So, I was queuing for Oblivion last Saturday. It was pretty busy so I had been queuing for a while. I saw someone in my party staring into the sky and asked him what he was looking at, so he pointed, and hovering in the sky was one of those parrot drones, with the four propellers and the camera. The drone was circling X-Sector for about twenty minutes and after that I didn't see it again. Wondering if anybody knew what the drone was for? We came to the conclusion it was probably looking at queue lines or something...

Let's just say it wasn't looking at queue lines. I don't know who personally sent it up but we can all have a good guess of the source. It's a pretty stupid thing to do whilst rides are in operation, a mishap could have caused serious injury.

:)

Lots of people saw it, nobody knows who was flying it (although it wasn't Alton Towers)

Very stupid thing to do in a location with lots of people and even more stupid by flying it in close proximity to the rides. People could have easily been injured.

Who every did it is incredibly stupid, why would somebody do that ;)

Is anybody else watching the live broadcast from the London eye on the red bull events page

I'm not sure if the park has formally said, but I believe a coach operator somewhere has been advertising some kind of dates which sound about correct.

The date I remember is March 22nd 2014. Someone feel free to correct me if this isn't right.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.