• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

^ Standard and Premium are only for the Merlin Annual Pass.

Alton Towers Annual Pass is one single pass either for an individual or for a family.

Lottie. said:
^ Standard and Premium are only for the Merlin Annual Pass.

Alton Towers Annual Pass is one single pass either for an individual or for a family.

Ok, it was just confusing me on the site page.

Have they still got the Peter Rabbit Burrow & Benjamin Bunny Room at ATH or have they change it

josht said:
Have they still got the Peter Rabbit Burrow & Benjamin Bunny Room at ATH or have they change it

Both rooms are still at the hotel. :)

Now I'm looking at getting a premium merlin annual pass in the Jan sale (as it would only be £5 more than what I was originally going to pay).

Would I be able to buy this online in the sale, or would I have to go to a Merlin Attraction?

You can pay for the pass online and get a reference code but you have to collect the pass at a pre-chosen attraction (if the rules stay the same as last year).

OK, so my Premium MAP is due to arrive in the post soon, and I'm going to AT in february! I was just wondering how you get in with a MAP. Is it that you go through the normal turnstiles like everyone else, or that there's a separate entrance?

Quick Questions 2013

Tom.B said:
OK, so my Premium MAP is due to arrive in the post soon, and I'm going to AT in february! I was just wondering how you get in with a MAP. Is it that you go through the normal turnstiles like everyone else, or that there's a separate entrance?

There is a separate entrance, which is signed above, although on busy days or if you are feeling lucky, they will let you in at the turnstiles.

Said entrance is to the left side of the entrance. Can't miss it. They scan your pass manually.

smudge said:
Tom.B said:

There is a separate entrance, which is signed above, although on busy days or if you are feeling lucky, they will let you in at the turnstiles.

Said entrance is to the left side of the entrance. Can't miss it. They scan your pass manually.

You can go through any of the turnstiles, they all accept MAPs as of last season.

Alastair said:
smudge said:
Tom.B said:

You can go through any of the turnstiles, they all accept MAPs as of last season.

Ah Brilliant, thanks. I know you could do that a few years back, but then it stopped, must have only been one season then!

smudge said:
Alastair said:
smudge said:
Tom.B said:

Ah Brilliant, thanks. I know you could do that a few years back, but then it stopped, must have only been one season then!

I'm usually hopeless with finding other entrances, so I'll try my luck with the regular turnstiles, then if I can't get in, I'll get them to point me in the right direction! ;D

Yes, you can now use any of the turnstiles, just like before. I believe locking them down and having to use the MAP entrance was part of an initiative to clamp down on people misusing the passes, as the hand scanners gave the staff chance to look at the photo and expiry date to check it was all in order.

There was a phase where if you used some MAPs at a normal turnstile your photo would actually appear on the screen, which seemed quite a good idea, as it solved the photo problem of staff not being able to see it. I wonder if we might see this rolled out to every pass this year to kill two birds with one stone.

The last time I went to the MAP entrance (There is a sign over it) I was told I had to go through a normal turnstile though, and the MAP entrance was no longer used. They could of at least taken the sign down. It'd be a 10 minute job to unscrew it :p

With the release of the new MAPs, it only mentions
...discount on food and beverages...
. Will this include souvenirs as well, and is it still 20% off?

Also, is there ERT for AT?

Tom.B said:
With the release of the new MAPs, it only mentions
...discount on food and beverages...
. Will this include souvenirs as well, and is it still 20% off?

Also, is there ERT for AT?

Yes and yes.

Is there a minimum age to check in at the hotels?
Scoured the T&Cs, nothing on there.

17 before you ask :]

I'm pretty sure there are no age restrictions. As long as you're over 16 you will be perfectly fine. :)

I will be going some time during FHT with some friends, and my mum is going to have a spa day. I was wondering if you can get back to the hotels (or the hotel bars at least) via the woodland walk at the end of the day?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.