• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

It's disabled entrance, and disabled would have been using it - look out for the red band.

The other use would have been for priority (but no rides went down, so none of that), and parent swap passes as fastrack is closed, but there'd only be one of those.

I'm positive it was being used today for disabled guest and their carers as I did see quite a few groups of them around park today :)

You say "quite a few groups" though, surely not enough that they would be almost constantly coming through the exit on Nemesis, as was the case all day? The back row queue being roped off every other ride, all day? I can't see it myself.

Alastair said:
You say "quite a few groups" though, surely not enough that they would be almost constantly coming through the exit on Nemesis, as was the case all day? The back row queue being roped off every other ride, all day? I can't see it myself.

Well it's not like one of the trains has the back row of restraints broken, and as has already been established there wouldn't have been a reason for any Priority Pass holders to be on park due to no ride breakdowns warranting that (although this will have been a contributing factor when you've seen the row roped off during main season).

Therefore, those coming in the exit would've been disabled riders and their accompanying parties, and the row blocked off as appropriate. :)

(I find it kinda hard to believe that you were actually in Nemmy's station all day...you may simply have found that you timed your rides simultaneous to disabled guests'!)

GAGrathea said:
Alastair said:

Well it's not like one of the trains has the back row of restraints broken, and as has already been established there wouldn't have been a reason for any Priority Pass holders to be on park due to no ride breakdowns warranting that (although this will have been a contributing factor when you've seen the row roped off during main season).

Therefore, those coming in the exit would've been disabled riders and their accompanying parties, and the row blocked off as appropriate. :)

(I find it kinda hard to believe that you were actually in Nemmy's station all day...you may simply have found that you timed your rides simultaneous to disabled guests'!)

Wasn't in there ALL day, but for a relatively large amount of time given it was one of 2 major coasters open and I managed to get 10 rides in ;)

Jables said:
Hey guys,

I'd just like to know is it possible to buy an AT annual pass with just money in the ticket offices before you enter the main park next to the old Corkscrew track?

I dont see why not, you can buy Merlin passes on park, so no reason why you cant buy an Alton pass, you can probably buy it at any ticket desk, then they will give you a ticket to get you through the turnstyle, but you will then have to go to the box office to have your photo taken and get your plastic pass.

Does anyone know what happened to the Nemesis Nosh bus that used to be in FV?

23377_334883319946136_471709594_n.jpg

I remember it looking really great and I wondered if it's still around or whether it was just scrapped completely? Shame they never replaced it with something equally as quirky! :(

Alastair said:
I have a question which I've been meaning to ask for a while. Why is the back row on Nemesis cordoned off every other dispatch? And who are the people that're allowed in the exit that's clearly marked as "exit and disabled guests only?"
We use this when we go to the towers, due to a member of our family being eligible.
You are given a red wristband to get on any flats at anytime, however with the rollercoasters, your given a card, where the ride op will note the current queue time, and then write on the card the current time, with the queue time added on, which is the next time you can go on a rollercoaster.
There are alot of guests that use this, so there are sometimes small waits to get on rides through the exit.

Just wondering is there any track or other stuff left from the miniature railway somewhere? Is some of it still there somewhere in the park?

As far as I know it was all sold off to collectors after it was removed?

Though i guess its possible there may be a couple of little bits liking around somewhere in a corner where no one has looked for years.

BigAl said:

I remember it looking really great and I wondered if it's still around or whether it was just scrapped completely? Shame they never replaced it with something equally as quirky! :(

I seem to remember hearing that the roof caved on the upper deck in on it around 2004/2005 time and it was removed and presumably scrapped.

DaveW said:
BigAl said:

I seem to remember hearing that the roof caved on the upper deck in on it around 2004/2005 time and it was removed and presumably scrapped.
Ah thanks! :)

Shame they decided to get rid of it instead of either fixing it or replacing it with a new bus. It was one of my favourite aspects of FV. :/

Has anyone got a 32A timetable handy to download? The First website appears to have broken for the moment.

Does anyone know if The Smiler would be on the fastrack gold list?

It won't be on any fastracks, at least for the first 2 months or so of it's life.

Apparently if it does eventually appear, it'll be the single tickets only. So, to your answer, no.

Anyone know the name of the 2010 Th13teen evening event was? It was a reschedule of the original preview event (that was cancelled). There were videos on YouTube too although I cannot find them at all. There were talks from Morwenna Angove and John Wardley from what I remember.

The main information I'm trying to track down is what the name of the event was, and if it was John or Morwenna that confirmed the planning of SW7 (and also confirmed it's a 1.4m ride).

I need the information to form an article I'm currently writing so any help would be much appreciated. :)

James said:
Anyone know the name of the 2010 Th13teen evening event was? It was a reschedule of the original preview event (that was cancelled). There were videos on YouTube too although I cannot find them at all. There were talks from Morwenna Angove and John Wardley from what I remember.

The main information I'm trying to track down is what the name of the event was, and if it was John or Morwenna that confirmed the planning of SW7 (and also confirmed it's a 1.4m ride).

I need the information to form an article I'm currently writing so any help would be much appreciated. :)

It was called Thirteen Evening. All of the videos of it can be found here:

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/sw6/video/?video=thirteen

Hello, my girlfriend and I are staying in Splash in June and also booked our park tickets over the phone with AT (£35 each for 2 days entry ain't so bad). 2 questions:

1. Am I right in assuming that when we arrive in the morning on the day of our stay we can check into Splash at say 8/9am and pick up our tickets at reception and enter the park (though obviously not being able to go into our room till 3pm onwards)?

2. Is the Woodland Walk still open as well, as we'll take this route in the mornings?

Many thanks! Not been in 4 years so I'm a bit unsure what's changed!

1. Yes. If the system is still the same as last year. You go to reception and collect your tickets. Then any time from 3pm onwards you can go back to reception to pick up your hotel room key/card.

2. Yes it's still open. It's open in the morning from 10.00am to 12:00pm.

Hope that helps. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.