• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

Well a look at the Alton Towers website shows that the shuttle bus will still run! :D Yes the service resumes (admittedly greatly reduced). And I will no longer have to sacrifice the day to Legoland Windsor. I think you lot are awfully cynical for Alton Towers enthusiasts. Common sense first and rumours second, is what I say. Alton Towers will never cut off the shuttle bus service. It is vital for everyone that does not have a car (like me).

HaydenCR said:
Well a look at the Alton Towers website shows that the shuttle bus will still run! :D Yes the service resumes (admittedly greatly reduced). And I will no longer have to sacrifice the day to Legoland Windsor. I think you lot are awfully cynical for Alton Towers enthusiasts. Common sense first and rumours second, is what I say. Alton Towers will never cut off the shuttle bus service. It is vital for everyone that does not have a car (like me).

Hardly convenient times though are they? 5am and 7am departures in the morning? And in addition they've, as expected, completely cut the Uttoxeter shuttle. Leaving the 32A to do nearly all of the work.

They're really not convenient at all - should've seen the queue for the bus this evening - there's no way everyone would've fit on board.

thefatone said:
They're really not convenient at all - should've seen the queue for the bus this evening - there's no way everyone would've fit on board.

I know, I got the 32A this evening. Crowds for the train from Uttoxeter were worse though - the Uttoxeter Races were on with the last race at 5:30pm. :( Full of drunken morons.

Well, if they've altered the times for the remaining shuttles, that pretty much rules me out of applying to work there again...

Some of us live far away from Hanley/Uttoxeter and can't drive.

On a different note, I have a few questions.

My friend has an 18 month old son, and a group of friends were thinking we'd all go to AT and take the little one along. Is 1 and a half/2 years too young? What rides could we take him on?

Also, the Parent Q Share things, would we be able to use them, since technically there'd only be one parent there? I can't see there being a problem, but thought I'd check :)

Alastair said:
HaydenCR said:

Hardly convenient times though are they? 5am and 7am departures in the morning? And in addition they've, as expected, completely cut the Uttoxeter shuttle. Leaving the 32A to do nearly all of the work.

Agreed, I don't even want to know what the buses look like peak season! When I go to Thorpe Park or Legoland, there are buses going up and down for most of the day, and literally all of them are packed, even off-peak!

Quick question, I probably should know the answer myself, however, I don't!

What is the best, cheapest method of entry to the park, for one day, for a non Annual Pass holder, who is accompanying an AP holder? Obviously, it's not going to be a case of getting hold of a '2-4-1' or 'BOGOF' as there's only one person needing entry. As such, I have only managed to find the MAP Friends & Family benefit, of decent quality.

Thanks!

Yeah the MAP Friends and Family would probably be your best bet.... unless your employer does corporate rate tickets?

GaryH said:
Yeah the MAP Friends and Family would probably be your best bet.... unless your employer does corporate rate tickets?
Thought as much. I don't have said benefit, unfortunately. Boo!

Alastair said:
HaydenCR said:

Maybe the bus operator got the service reduced. I wouldnt put it past any bus company to do that.

So I'm looking to the towers on April 2nd. How busy should I expect it to be? At the very start of the holidays I can't see it being heaving?

RustyRider said:
So I'm looking to the towers on April 2nd. How busy should I expect it to be? At the very start of the holidays I can't see it being heaving?
I think it should be alright, with it being a Tuesday. But overall a small day on park I reckon :)

I am planning on using my hotel resort tickets from yesterday for a week on Saturday 06/04/13 how busy should I expect the park to be at this time of year on a Saturday?

peter.dhenin said:
I am planning on using my hotel resort tickets from yesterday for a week on Saturday 06/04/13 how busy should I expect the park to be at this time of year on a Saturday?

Not too busy, especially with no new ride ready. I can't see much more than 30 minutes queues if things are on full capacity.

Maya said:
Pretty sure its Easter Sunday, and a scarefest Saturday :)

Sugar sticks! Was planning on going on Sunday - seems like I'll give it a miss now then and go on Friday or Monday. Friday may be the better of the two...

thefatone said:
Monday would be more likely a quieter day of the two.
Not sure why? More people are off work on the Monday than the Friday.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.