• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

Always puzzled me why the woodland walk isnt open earlier, seeing as hotel guests can get ERT. It used to be open very early so people could get into the park , but past few years has seen the opening time moved to 10am :(

What are the opening hours on opening day? The website just says it opens at 'open', and closes at 'open'.

Towers don't seem to have announced opening times for the main season yet which is rather strange. I would imagine opening day will have a 5pm ride close unless it is busier than expect in which case it could be 5.30pm. I certainly don't see it being any later than that and with The Smiler not being open I don't see the park being overly busy so I'd say 5pm.

:)

Opening times for the whole season are yet to be announced so its pure guesswork right now!

As for the guy of the previous page who asked about the hotels - yeah you can collect your tickets, and they'll store your bags and take them to your room for you :) I'd also recommend taking the monorail in as it is open very early so you can get to the park for Early Ride Time :)

GaryH said:
Always puzzled me why the woodland walk isnt open earlier, seeing as hotel guests can get ERT. It used to be open very early so people could get into the park , but past few years has seen the opening time moved to 10am :(

I find the later opening very frustrating. Apparently the reasons are staffing and also the fact that now it is only Nemesis in Forbidden Valley that is on ERT, which I also think is a bad move from a guest satisfaction viewpoint.

When I went on Oblivion, my chair had two seatbelts, and everyone elses had one? Why?

Because it's highly unsafe and broken so they put two seatbelts on it.

/It's actually because you were in the larger seat to accomodate the larger guests. Mmm...

Opening hours have been delayed due to the fact guest figures are being looked at again due to the delay on Smiler.

5pm is my bet this weekend

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm planning to go to Alton Towers on the 18th using the bus service, but I cant book tickets until the timetable's updated. Does anyone know what the bus service is like during the season? The bus timetable on the site is for the closed season

HaydenCR said:
I'm planning to go to Alton Towers on the 18th using the bus service, but I cant book tickets until the timetable's updated. Does anyone know what the bus service is like during the season? The bus timetable on the site is for the closed season

Only the First 32A service will be running, you can find the timetables for it here. :)

I though there was a shuttle bus that ran from stoke-on trent? :/
I should clarify that I'm coming in by train!

Was...

Unsure if its still alive this season :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

HaydenCR said:
I though there was a shuttle bus that ran from stoke-on trent? :/
I should clarify that I'm coming in by train!

It's been rumoured that all the official Alton Towers buses will cease running from the start of this season - meaning that your only option would be making your way to Uttoxeter station to get the 32A or taxi :)

I doubt those rumors are true, the buses are well too relied on by customers, and the 32a would not be able to handle the sheer number of visitors going to Alton Towers. Well I guess I will just have to wait till Thursday when the timetable should be updated. (The current one ends on the 13th)

Towers have ceased all shuttle buses from park opening, 16th march.

You'll need to go Uttox and get 32A or get taxi, as mentioned above, or get a bus into Hanley Bus Station then 32A from there.

Verification? You tell me this, yet I cant find any info on this on the site. How do you know Alton Towers are ceasing shuttle buses? I seriously doubt Alton Towers would suspend shuttle bus services. Like I previously said the 32A would not be frequent enough and have enough capacity to be the one bus service going to Alton Towers. Are Thorpe Park and Legoland going to do the same thing? I doubt it. :/ You can't just suspend a shuttle bus operation without getting a barrage of complaints! These rumors seem a little weak to me.

I'm afraid it is true, I have also heard that Towers are stopping their bus services this year as a way to cut costs. It sounds like a stupid idea to me as it makes the park pretty much un-accessible unless you travel by car. They don't seem to have thought about those using public transport.

:)

HaydenCR said:
Verification? You tell me this, yet I cant find any info on this on the site. How do you know Alton Towers are ceasing shuttle buses? I seriously doubt Alton Towers would suspend shuttle bus services. Like I previously said the 32A would not be frequent enough and have enough capacity to be the one bus service going to Alton Towers. Are Thorpe Park and Legoland going to do the same thing? I doubt it. :/ You can't just suspend a shuttle bus operation without getting a barrage of complaints! These rumors seem a little weak to me.

People on here work at Alton Towers hence have the info on this matter.

A few questions

Are Towers still doing towers2 this year?
If so How much is a towers2 this year?
Can you still buy a towers2 if you used a 2-4-1 offer to purchase your original ticket?

Thanks guys

Towers freak said:
A few questions

Are Towers still doing towers2 this year?
If so How much is a towers2 this year?
Can you still buy a towers2 if you used a 2-4-1 offer to purchase your original ticket?

Thanks guys
Yes they are.

If you visit before The Smiler opens you can return for £1. At other times of the year it will probably be similar to last year - £9 for next day £15 for any day (unless I've missed a price reduction somewhere)

And yes, you can get return tickets regardless of if you used a BOGOF to get into the park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.