• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hi guys! Not sure if this is the right thread or weather it should go in the Scarefest thread but...
Just had a look at maze ticket availablility for tomorrow and there's none with the next available ones being Monday. Now is that because it's too close to tomorrow to book them or is it because they've sold out already? Also do they sell a limited amount online and more on the day or not? Basically am I screwed for scare mazes tickets tomorrow? :p

Thanks anyway

They sell a limited amount of maze tickets on the day. Pop into the Box Office on Towers Street as you enter the park and buy tickets there. Maze tickets tend to sell quickly so it's best to go to the Box Office first thing.

Last time I visited at Scarefest I noticed that on Nemesis they were holding people down by the Nemesis cafe, waiting until the top bit of the outside stairs was empty and then letting more people past. They did this all day which led to the extended queueline being opened (gasp), The member of staff could be used better in the station batching people where most were leaving empty seats.

Anyone have an idea why they were doing this? Anyone else spotted it?

I think you are referring to the fast track merge point, which only saves the fast track holder around 5 mins off the main queue line :rolleyes:

There is also no single rider queue line for Nemesis, hence empty seats

As for the merge point, this seems to be the thing now and can be seen on Thirteen and the worst for this is The Smiler, sometimes the Smiler main queue stairs is empty and the only thing that the ride ops can do to fill the train, and that is to let in onto the train all the single riders :)

I don't think they were adding fast trackers there (didn't see any). It was more holding back the main queue, a bit like they do on the Smiler. Maybe it was just a trial to see if they could reduce the queue time?

They should really get back the SRQs on Nemesis and Rita. Hate seeing empty seats going when the queue is massive! :mad::(

According to TowersStreets.com Alton Towers is closed tomorrow?
That will be an error. I believe we've had to change some of the coding or something to show the park as closed last week but open again this weekend manually, which is why it may be shown as closed. Believe me, it's open tomorrow.

Blame @Craig. ;)

On FB people are saying Smiler was running all 4 trains first day of scarefest, is this true?
Not sure about the first day of Scarefest but smiler defo had 4 trains on the last Saturday of Scarefest I was so bored in the 2 hour queue I stood and checked every train number for about 25 minutes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be so sure. The Smiler was on 3 trains all weekend and as far as I am aware current (internal) policy is that the maximum they are allowed to run is 3 trains. That of course is ridiculous. If it was running 4 trains at any point then that is of course good, but considering it had very long queue times over the weekend you'd have thought they'd have put the fourth on if able to.

:)

Smiler was closing and reopening a lot yesterday morning, with empty trains going round. Cant be certain, but trains were stopping on the brake run, and it looked as though four could be running until about 11:30. Again, not sure. With a 70 minute queue and walk on oblivion, I wasn't waiting around to see it open.

I wouldn't be so sure. The Smiler was on 3 trains all weekend and as far as I am aware current (internal) policy is that the maximum they are allowed to run is 3 trains. That of course is ridiculous. If it was running 4 trains at any point then that is of course good, but considering it had very long queue times over the weekend you'd have thought they'd have put the fourth on if able to.

:)
Well me and my friend stood there for about 20-30 minutes(whilst queuing) just looking at the numbers on the front of the trains( difficult to see when they come whizzing past) but there was defo 4 different numbers ( one train may not have had a number) but 4 different trains none the less my wife even commented on how sad I was for wasting my time trying to work it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.