• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

I imagine majority of people are off both days. Both being bank holidays.

The monday after easter, as per majority of bank holidays, is rather quiet compared to the rest of the week.

With the waterpark open till 8 on Friday, does anyone know if you get the half price after four offer on these days? :)

Odd one here.

Does anyone have information and data on the Admission Price, for the park over the past 20 years? I'd like to see just how much it's increased!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T said:
Odd one here.

Does anyone have information and data on the Admission Price, for the park over the past 20 years? I'd like to see just how much it's increased!

Think of a reasonable amount of increase, add inflation and triple it XD

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I can't help you much, T. But here's gate prices I've gathered. I cannot vouch for there legitimacy as all prices have come from various sources.

1980 - 1981: £2.50
1982: £3
1983: £3.95
1985: £4.99
1988: £7.99
1990: £9.50
1997: £18.50
1998 - 1999: £19.50
2000: £21
2001: £22
2002: £23.50
2004: £26
2005: £28
2006: £29.50
2007: £32
2008: £34
2009: £36
2010: £38
2011: £39
2012: £42
2013: £46.20

James said:
I can't help you much, T. But here's gate prices I've gathered. I cannot vouch for there legitimacy as all prices have come from various sources.

1980 - 1981: £2.50
1982: £3
1983: £3.95
1985: £4.99
1988: £7.99
1990: £9.50
1997: £18.50
1998 - 1999: £19.50
2000: £21
2001: £22
2002: £23.50
2004: £26
2005: £28
2006: £29.50
2007: £32
2008: £34
2009: £36
2010: £38
2011: £39
2012: £42
2013: £46.20
Most thankful, James! Very useful! It's astounding to see just how much it has increased over the years, and continues to do so!

Thanks again!

A question for anyone who's been down in the past couple of days, how bad are the roads in terms of snow? I know it's still snowy at the park but have the roads cleared up in the surrounding areas? Thanks!

If you enter Alton Towers from Uttox side, eg A50, Past JCV and through Alton village, all the roads are perfectly fine with no snow what so ever. A week ago coming from other directions was pretty horrible and was very much covered in snow, however most of the snow in the area has melted, so I imagine all roads are fine.

djtruefitt said:
If you enter Alton Towers from Uttox side, eg A50, Past JCV and through Alton village, all the roads are perfectly fine with no snow what so ever. A week ago coming from other directions was pretty horrible and was very much covered in snow, however most of the snow in the area has melted, so I imagine all roads are fine.

I came from the other side today and all was well

As a MAP holder, if you book a friends and family ticket do they get to take advantage of early ride time too?

The girl on the phone wasnt sure. Are they particularly strict about this?

jmc said:
As a MAP holder, if you book a friends and family ticket do they get to take advantage of early ride time too?

ERT is not enforced strictly at the moment. In a y case, every time I've visited with a non AP holder they've enjoyed ERT with me.

jmc said:

Yes they do get ERT too. Though as T says above, the ERT rules are seemingly not being enforced at the moment.

I plan on going to the park this Saturday, with it being the last weekend of Easter holidays should I expect the park to be busy?

peter.dhenin said:
I plan on going to the park this Saturday, with it being the last weekend of Easter holidays should I expect the park to be busy?

Not the last weekend of holidays for us in the midlands but either way I think its safe to say it will be quiet.

Welcome to the madhouse :D
I wouldn't count on it, given it's current state. Though stranger things have happened.
If you expect it to be closed, at least you can't be disapointed ;)

I was at the park on bank holiday Monday, when I was renewing my MAP I casually asked the woman serving me if they had any idea when the new ride would be open. She said 'Well we've advertised it as May so we're hopeful but...' She left the sentence hanging and did a kind of apologetic smile and shrug. She then went on to cite the weather and problems with the foundations when removing the Black Hole that closed the site for a while.

So I wouldn't hold your breath. But you never know :)

Pixie-Ro said:
I was at the park on bank holiday Monday, when I was renewing my MAP I casually asked the woman serving me if they had any idea when the new ride would be open. She said 'Well we've advertised it as May so we're hopeful but...' She left the sentence hanging and did a kind of apologetic smile and shrug. She then went on to cite the weather and problems with the foundations when removing the Black Hole that closed the site for a while.

So I wouldn't hold your breath. But you never know :)

I wouldn't base anything on that. I get asked the same question all the time about the big construction site near where I work and that's exactly the same answer I give. People like it when you try and give them a proper answer even when in reality you know little more than they do.

If the person does know something chances are they aren't allowed to say what they know anyway.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.