• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster, RCT & NoLimits Quick Questions

Harv

TS Member
Hey there, I thought following on from the last site we should blend the two threads as they don't really need separation. Obviously if it's a bad idea, that can be changed.

So post here if you have any questions concerning the software: whether you need advice or have a complex question, there may just be someone around who can help you out, so don't be afraid to ask.

So, to kick us off, I need some help with writing some BahnDaten.txt things. Does anybody know where I can find a nice list of all the 'extended track' pieces? I'd be very grateful.

Re: RCT & NoLimits Quick Questions

If I remember correctly I have a notepad doc full of all the track pieces... Hopefully I have still got it but I have reformatted my pc a few times since I last used it!

I'll have a look when I get home! :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fredward said:
If I remember correctly I have a notepad doc full of all the track pieces... Hopefully I have still got it but I have reformatted my pc a few times since I last used it!

I'll have a look when I get home! :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Oooh, really? That'd be great!

NastyPasty said:
So, to kick us off, I need some help with writing some BahnDaten.txt things. Does anybody know where I can find a nice list of all the 'extended track' pieces? I'd be very grateful.
If you download the CTR_Creator V0.95, it comes with a list of track sections for every ingame track type. I give the download in my rapids tutorial. I'm linking to the whole tutorial just because it has an example of a Bahndaten so may be useful. Note that if you use that one as a template, the constant speed flag is on (1). To remove it (so that gravity works), change it to 0.

Weird, I was gonna ask some stuff about BahnDaten.txt files at some point, too!

You, good sir (Rupert), are the whole reason I'm interested too! I meant to PM you to say thank you for such an informative introduction the the CTR Creator I saw back on the old site (in the rapids tutorial) but I may as well say here now. I have to admit, I've only just started playing around with RCT3 again. I've started my first invisible rapids and they're looking fantastic, what a great guide you've made. Thanks very much! Hoping to see some more Santa Clara soon, too. It's so beautiful. Your invisible rapids has obviously pleased many people including myself!

Also NastyPasty, try ShyGuy's!

I may as well ask whilst I'm talking directly to you - whereabouts is your inverted coaster's track from? I'd love to have a go at theming it up myself, as I'm still a bit naff at creating really good layouts. Thanks for all your help! :)

Hey thank you for the kind words! It's a pleasure to be of help, and I'm glad the rapids are working well! :D I hopefully look forward to seeing it one day, if you want to share.

Thanks about Santa Clara - unfortunately (for RCT purposes), I moved to Holland for three months without my desktop computer so won't be able to get on RCT until at least September/October. Then my updates tend to be a couple of months apart so I'm afraid it'll be a while! I have lots of ideas though. :D

The inverted coaster track was designed by zeroG - you can download it and view his other ridiculously good layouts here. :)

Quick edit to say that my very helpful introduction to the CTR Creator came from Tim/Nightfall, and you can find a step-by-step guide to it here. It's got easier and less buggy (for example I don't think the comma/full stop problem is an issue any more) but the guide is still useful and may clarify things.

I don't need all that CS do I? I really want to use it but the sewer sets etc. don't interest me. Do I really need them all?

Harvey has sorted the exhaust stacks for me :D
7592920966_b15b20a8b6_z.jpg

Still need Emergency vehicles :)

Thanks for all your help Rupert! Much appreciated!

Not many ideas for emergency vehicles though... sorry :(

Harvey said:
I don't need all that CS do I? I really want to use it but the sewer sets etc. don't interest me. Do I really need them all?
Not at all - if you don't have the CS, the coaster will simply load without it. The only reason the sewer set is included is for a ladder on the top of the lift hill - it's not necessary. Similarly the post and beam set is used for supporting the catwalks, so you could probably do without that too, although it is very useful for other purposes.

Tom - sorry, I have no idea about emergency vehicles. I tried searching "emergency" in the CS list but it came back with no results. ???

Edit - no problem NP! ;D

Sorry to bug you Rupert but it's just not working for me. I must be missing a set or something but it just really doesn't want to work. :(

On another note, I've hit a real lack of inspiration. I know my limits and there's literally nothing I can do at the moment. I need to crack on with my park but everything ends up looking stupid, so I delete it and start again. Can anybody offer advice?

NastyPasty said:
Sorry to bug you Rupert but it's just not working for me. I must be missing a set or something but it just really doesn't want to work. :(

On another note, I've hit a real lack of inspiration. I know my limits and there's literally nothing I can do at the moment. I need to crack on with my park but everything ends up looking stupid, so I delete it and start again. Can anybody offer advice?

NP if you have Skype get a group of people (I would be willing to help) and brainstorm ideas and use screenshots and people can give advice :)

Much of Diddy McTodger Land has been created with other peoples input of ideas :)

Can people help me locate a CS set with a VW Bus in for a surf themed area? TY :)

Nope, or if there is, it's very high. I've seen 36,000 in a park before. :) Although achieveing 2000 is the norm for a large, full park. Why do you ask? :)

Glad things are working again. :)

On a sidenote, does anyone know where I can find an invisible car to put on the invisible track? I want to build a walkthrough scare attraction, and that seems like the easiest way to do things.

Also, does anyone know if your saved tracks contain trees? I know there's the option to copy across scenery but it'd be great if there was a way to do this with trees.

For anyone interested, my park crossed 1000 in career mode as well

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2