• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Try to run the place properly everyday, it's not much to ask. Merlin: "Oh no, people might get to ride something without waiting in a queue, we must be operating too efficiently. Quick, cut down on staff immediately"! Get it sorted you absolute bells.
Queuing, as we all know, is a British tradition. Queueing at Alton Towers is a deeply ingrained patriotic pastime; as important to our national identity as "Rule Britannia" at the Last Night of The Proms, Noddy Holder bellowing "It's Christmas!" on The One Show and terrible weather at Glastonbury.

Queueing at Alton Towers is more British than St George (Turkish), Tea (Chinese) and The Royal Family (German) combined.

Merlin are diligently, with pride and without prejudice, providing an experience which is crucial to your identity as a British national and for this they ought to be celebrated and revered. They provide excellent operations to maximise your queuing time and experience, throughout the day, with the integrity and respect this quintessentially British custom demands. If the weather is awful, during your queuing experience at Alton Towers, Merlin even ensure that you can come back for free to do it all over again, providing a truly accessible and integral national service.

Quite frankly anyone complaining about having to queue at Alton Towers, or caught trying to bypass a queue with Fastrack (foreign tourists exempt), ought to have their British citizenship stripped and put on to the next flight to Rwanda.

God save the king!

The thing is, there aren't really any walk on days anymore
Oh those good old days when they let you stay on the rapids for half an hour, and every ride, all day was a walk on.
Nostalgia is what it used to be sometimes Mr Zola...Chasing Miss Budd barefoot across the lawns.
That was you wasn't it?

It's a shame we don't know about bank holidays at least a year in advance so we don't get caught out and can plan around them isn't it

Yes that’s why my post had the words “but they should have been able to work around that”

Chessington currently far windier than AT last weekend, all rides except Croc Drop and Dragon open and longest queue 25 min.

Legoland same weather, all rides open.

Well are the other coasters back to full capacity yet? That would make up for it a bit
I think Thirteen is running 3 but it's hard to tell, queue is moving reasonably well, I can't see the lift hill yet so I'm not sure if the third train seats are underneath or not

Remind me which or their rollercoasters are 80ft tall and on top of a hill?

Closest ride that is funnily enough is croc drop…. Curious.

Quite a few closed due to weather now. It’s absolutely howling. Croc Drop did briefly open.

Everything still open at Legoland, the park is far more geared to adverse weather.

Pretty much everything closed at Thorpe except Tidal Wave which has a 0 min queue 😂

Hopefully some of the feedback gives project Horizon a push to include multiple attractions if it doesn’t already.

That the one that rattles by any chance?
Well, last time I rode it three times out of 5 that day it felt more like flat spots on the wheels rather than a rattle but yes it’s the one with the issues. Could be anything I guess. Not good to see it on one train at any time.

Well, last time I rode it three times out of 5 that day it felt more like flat spots on the wheels rather than a rattle but yes it’s the one with the issues. Could be anything I guess. Not good to see it on one train at any time.
Interesting that people on here say that one train has a worse rattle than the other. When I did it a few times the other day the middle seats were fine, outer seats towards the front were a little rattly and the outer seats towards the back were really bad

Reading this thread makes me want to say one thing - AVOID this Sunday (Easter Sunday). It will be total chaos & you won't be able to get a beer to take your mind off how bad things are.

I do pity the staff in Guest Services - they must be getting a rough ride from guests through no fault of their own. A bit like being the sole person in the Forbidden Valley Guest Services back in 2002 when Air decided to have a "technical anomaly".

Last edited: