• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I don’t understand this thinking. As long as opening more capacity doesn’t take the queue to 0 then there’s value to the guests in running the maximum capacity you can.
Sure it’s cheaper not to. But these parks are not small time local attractions.

Galactica currently has a 60 minute queue. On a Monday. In term time. In April.

Ok a few other rides are closed due to weather but good grief.

Here at the moment and Th13teen is currently closed because of weather. Interesting

How is the weather?

Against my better judgement we are going next Monday but only for a few hours. My son will only want to go on WickerMan and Thirteen but the latter almost never seems to be open till the afternoon.

There is a lot of higher capacity attractions closed due to weather, it’s not a surprise those left open are experiencing higher waits than they otherwise would.

I also suspect there are a few schools on inset days today which will be bumping numbers up compared to an other off peak Mondays.

IMG_6616.jpeg

Fantastic ops on Nemesis today. Shame the queue times aren’t accurate. Nemesis said 30 was more like 50 and Rita said 50 was more like 70

There is a lot of higher capacity attractions closed due to weather, it’s not a surprise those left open are experiencing higher waits than they otherwise would.

I also suspect there are a few schools on inset days today which will be bumping numbers up compared to an other off peak Mondays.

IMG_6616.jpeg

Doesn't the X mean closed? Why is there a time displayed? Is that the queue time when it closed?

Disappointed with opening times today. This is not 4pm close crowd levels. Should be 5 and the reluctancy to change it in advance when they know it’ll be fairly busy is poor

Disappointed with opening times today. This is not 4pm close crowd levels. Should be 5 and the reluctancy to change it in advance when they know it’ll be fairly busy is poor

Why are the times so bad at AT? All the other Merlin parks are 5/6pm today.

Although all the rides are closed at TP lol

I don’t understand this thinking. As long as opening more capacity doesn’t take the queue to 0 then there’s value to the guests in running the maximum capacity you can.
Sure it’s cheaper not to. But these parks are not small time local attractions.
Its called real world economics.
Costs more to staff rides to full capacity, more wear, more repair.
Quieter days can't sustain that level of costs anymore...used to, and I loved those days, but they are massive money burners.
Further, it is the first day of term for some, but not many...teacher training days are pretty much universal at the start of each term round here, so Monday start of term is often busy at the Towers, and sometimes the Tuesday as well...and thoosies often grumble about how busy it is, and Towers should know better by now...
And of course they should.

They do treat off peak guests like 2nd class I find that odd. If anything they should be trying their hardest on quiet days to please all the guests because the likelihood of guests visiting during peak times having a great day is low😭

Few more open now and on 50 minute queues.

None of the other Merlin parks are like this today.