• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

That bored, self isolating, I resorted to ridetimes, sorry.
Four main coasters down, again...including the ususal...both dark forest coasters.
They do really need to sort their reliability sorted.
This is becoming routine.
On the plus side the wait times for the rides that are actually open aren’t too bad despite poor availability

Forty five minutes for the few coasters that are open, on a wet weekday in termtime, is pretty poor in my eyes.

Blackpool, for a simple comparison, has all the coasters open, with ten minute queues, apart from Icon on 25.
About right for this time of year.

Thorpe park
And Thorpe Park currently have one coaster shut (Colossus) with the busiest on a 5 minute queue. So I don’t think 45 minutes is particularly reasonable on a day like today.

I think having 3 coasters down for the majority of the day is pretty bad no matter how you look at it!

Just touching on ops, was raining all day yesterday when we were there, and the ops were great. Hardly any downtime, although I reckon Rita is knackered. Was on and off until 1pm and then failed to open again, so it was the only thrill ride I didn’t get on

And Thorpe Park currently have one coaster shut (Colossus) with the busiest on a 5 minute queue. So I don’t think 45 minutes is particularly reasonable on a day like today.

I think having 3 coasters down for the majority of the day is pretty bad no matter how you look at it!
Ye when I said compare to Thorpe park I didn’t mean a day before it opens a massive new ride obviously no ones going to be there today

Yeah tbf ops today aren't great:
- WM train stuck on lift & they asked me not to go near the ride or take photos of it
- Rita just broke half hour in
- 13 broke soon after
- nemesis loaded 1/2 trains for most the day after opening late
- galactica opened late too
- smiler 4 train ops with A LOT of stacking
- oblivion ops are ok & same with spinball

So far today, Nemmy has operated for a grand total of 5 minutes. Opened at 10:01 and closed again at 10:06, and hasn't reopened since.

Not sure what the issue was but they were taking trains off and into the shed this morning, we assumed it wouldn't open at all but managed some exceptional luck by arriving in Forbidden Valley (for Galactica) just as Nemesis was reopening and jumped in the 10-minute queue. Within 10 minutes the queue was an hour and by the time we got off the ride had reached 80 minutes. We then immediate lucked out with a walk-on Galactica ride after it reopened after a short outage. Had we gone to Galactica first as planned, we'd have been kicked out of the queue and then probably ended up queuing over an hour for Nemesis. Sometimes you just get lucky!

Another thing I forgot to mention about last Wednesday is that obviously the weather was very poor and on my rides that weren’t on the front row, as we started to go up the lift hill hill water dripped onto us from the row in front, some went into my eyes and caused a stinging sensation, so can’t have just been standard rain, not really sure what it was but I managed to get it to stop stinging after the ride just by pouring bottled water over my eyes

Another thing I forgot to mention about last Wednesday is that obviously the weather was very poor and on my rides that weren’t on the front row, as we started to go up the lift hill hill water dripped onto us from the row in front, some went into my eyes and caused a stinging sensation, so can’t have just been standard rain, not really sure what it was but I managed to get it to stop stinging after the ride just by pouring bottled water over my eyes
Purple rain?

From the rollercoaster formally known as Nemesis?

Probably picked up grease or oil from the chain/bogies before pooling on the vehicle in front, hence the unpleasant stinging