• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Luckily we're pass holders so we go with the flow but there are a lot of people here I guess aren't and I would be pissed by the service on offer. Why not extend the day by an hour due to the horrendous queue lines?

Wickerman, Spinball and obviously Nemesis not open on a day everyone was expecting too be quite busy?
I'm in my 1st year of being a pass holder after boycotting the place for almost 10 years for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Being a pass holder really does soften the blow considerably if you get a bad day.

Teachers strike aside - "Bank Holiday Tuesdays" have always been busy at Towers for years. The general public think they are being clever by not going on the Bank Holiday Monday, so all go on the Tuesday instead and are surprised when the place is very busy - almost without exception busier than the Bank Holiday Monday itself was.

This has been the case for over 25yrs, so Towers claiming any ignorance to the fact / saying "it's busier than expected" is pure rubbish.

Teachers strike aside - "Bank Holiday Tuesdays" have always been busy at Towers for years. The general public think they are being clever by not going on the Bank Holiday Monday, so all go on the Tuesday instead and are surprised when the place is very busy - almost without exception busier than the Bank Holiday Monday itself was.

This has been the case for over 25yrs, so Towers claiming any ignorance to the fact / saying "it's busier than expected" is pure rubbish.
That's probably why they extended ride close as they knew it would be busy. In fact today looks like one of the busiest days so far

Here now with the kids being off school due to the teachers strikes. We knew Wickerman would be down but only to have Smiler open at park opening for the thrill rides is a joke. Luckily I have the young one with me and we managed to get on Thirteen when it opened at 10.30. my eldest and his friend have done just me Smiler and Oblivion in 1hr 30 and now Rita and Thirteen are 70 mins each.
Did you manage to get on Wicker man and Spinball in the end?

Did you manage to get on Wicker man and Spinball in the end?
The youngest saw Spinball testing when he was doing front flips on the grass, so we were over there and probably 5th in line when it opened up. He got two rides as he went back on with his brother and mate. It opened at 2.30 and was shut down again around 4pm.

We waited until 4.58pm to jump in to the alleged 100 min Wickerman queue. We were off the ride in under 50 mins and was probably the best ride we have had on it all season. It was flying around the track.

Beautiful weather, decent operations and low queues today. Really good morning so far it's great to be on park when it's sunny. So far done the 6 coasters and will finally try to get on Spinball now. Did Wicker man first, then Galactica, Thirteen, Rita, Oblivion and Smiler. Wanted to get Galactica out the way early. Ops are average at best on Galactica and Oblivion, solid operations on Rita as has been the case most this season. Thirteen and Smiler are certainly slower without baggage hold but still the best 2 ops on park. Wicker would contend if it were on 3, however on 2 its a little slower. Not sure how many Spinball is on but queue is lowest I've seen when I've been here so will give it a go

Beautiful weather, decent operations and low queues today. Really good morning so far it's great to be on park when it's sunny. So far done the 6 coasters and will finally try to get on Spinball now. Did Wicker man first, then Galactica, Thirteen, Rita, Oblivion and Smiler. Wanted to get Galactica out the way early. Ops are average at best on Galactica and Oblivion, solid operations on Rita as has been the case most this season. Thirteen and Smiler are certainly slower without baggage hold but still the best 2 ops on park. Wicker would contend if it were on 3, however on 2 its a little slower. Not sure how many Spinball is on but queue is lowest I've seen when I've been here so will give it a go

Are you sure you’re really there though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spinlnball has never been massively reliable ride. Interesting that Theme Park Worldwide have an interview with an park manager tomorrow so will be interesting to see what they say regarding operations and food problems this season.
Is he really? That's exciting I hope he grills them about certain things and hopefully we see improvements
Edit: Oblivion is on 6 shuttles today never seen that on a weekday before so fair play to towers. The baggage holds and extended queues are open so they must've been expecting a busy day.

Last edited:
Is he really? That's exciting I hope he grills them about certain things and hopefully we see improvements
Can’t imagine him giving them too hard of a time, else he will never get another interview any time soon and that = less views and less £££. I’d do the same thing thought let’s be honest, he’s running a business at the end of the day.

The interview was recorded yesterday. I doubt he'll have pressed overly hard, but there will certainly be some politically worded unbiased questions in there. Hopefully there's some insight into the ride availability.

Ride availability not looking good today.

IMG_4875.jpeg
Nah I'm having a great time what you talking about😭😭. Ye this has been the worst day I've been for quite a while. I'm usually very lucky with ride availability as everything is open, but today it would seem the years of luck has ran out. Alton manor now which is one of the best rides here anyway and I didn't do it yesterday

To be honest, another thing to bear in mind, and this is something which I observed when i visited last Friday. I'd just been on The Smiler and then they announced over the system that the ride was temporarily stopping for "essential cleaning" (someone had been sick basically, although I'd make the argument that they need to essentially clean the whole thing regardless 🤪). Anyway, the app, when I checked where to go next was saying The Smiler was closed. Anyone not there would just automatically think it had broken down when it hadn't. Rides can be closed for a number of reasons, it doesn't always mean it's broken! Similar incident last year at Scarefest with Galactica, it closed due to a guest medical emergency.