• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Looks like Galactica might have dropped to 1 train looking at the wait compared to everything else
Edit: They must have it on 2 or 3 now queue has dropped after closure

Last edited:
Much better today everything open on time spinball still testing can’t see Hex opening imo it’s going to go only complaint is some staff on retro rides seem to take their time (slowly) checking seats etc…

A second tier haunted swing ride that has spent far more time closed than open in recent years.
Constant repeated breakdowns.
Absolute zero indication of "leaving"?
Absolutely certain of return?
How can you be so certain?
Maybe if the ride was actually functioning more often than not functioning.
Constant repairs, followed by more malfunction, often a sign of a ride leaving.

I’m certain because there literally has been nothing to suggest it’s going to be removed 😂
Every time a ride breaks down for a few days or months now then and if it’s more than once we’ll just have to say it’s being removed

It isn't now and then though is it?
It has been closed more often than open in recent years hasn't it?
That is often the sign of a ride being on its last legs.
Certain is a strong word, I lack your confidence in the ride's future.

I’m certain because there literally has been nothing to suggest it’s going to be removed 😂
Every time a ride breaks down for a few days or months now then and if it’s more than once we’ll just have to say it’s being removed
There was nothing to suggest that Enterprise was going for good at the start of last season. Everyone just thought they were behind on maintenance. Was never an official announcement either

I think it's fair to say that a ride in a metal box, built within the confines of a stately home is not the easiest to observe ...

(I don't think it's being removed)

There was nothing to suggest that Enterprise was going for good at the start of last season. Everyone just thought they were behind on maintenance. Was never an official announcement either
I understand your point but there’s a massive difference between Hex and Enterprise. When a ride is closed now everyone seems to jump to it being removed.

When a ride is closed now everyone seems to jump to it being removed.
👆This!

Not everything needs to be a catastrophe, people. Sometimes rides things just break and need to be repaired, sometimes those repairs can take a while, especially if parts need to be manufactured and or shipped from abroad. Increasingly, we know there are issues with manufacture and shipping at the moment.

I'm not claiming any particular knowledge here, but the profile of Hex seems to be that it operates until a part needs replacing, then closes until that part can be sourced. Then nothing happens until the part arrives, is replaced, and the ride reopens shortly after. It doesn't seem like it's receiving constant repair, just a single repair after a long period of closure.

Remember, the closure period doesn't equal the length of time repair work has been carried out. Extensive periods of active repair would be more problematic than long periods waiting for parts to arrive.

Hex isn’t a particularly old ride either. Enterprise was 37 years old when it last operated. Hex is currently 23 years old. Older Madhouses operate all over the world without problems.

The simple truth is that we don’t currently know anything other than that the ride has been closed for around 2 weeks and was closed for much of last year. They could have had an absolute life-or-death catastrophe with it, or there could simply be a part that needs replacing (with the current Brexit and supply chain issues, it’s not inconceivable that a replacement part would take a few weeks/months to arrive). We simply don’t know.

As for why it shut both last year and this year, I would again say that we don’t know. The ride could be having larger issues, or it could simply have gotten very unlucky by having multiple parts needing replacement in short succession.

I would say as well that there's likely to be a greater commitment from the park to keeping Hex operational than there was for Enterprise: it is a more popular and unique ride. Furthermore there are heritage conditions whereby if they decide to permanently close it I believe they're obligated to remove the ride system and shed completely so they can't just mothball it.

Operations on Thirteen are apparently “exceptional” today, according to the TowersStreet team member on park:

Great to see; I’m guessing that the third train has returned!

I wonder what sort of throughput it was attaining?

Operations on Thirteen are apparently “exceptional” today, according to the TowersStreet team member on park:

Great to see; I’m guessing that the third train has returned!

I wonder what sort of throughput it was attaining?

On 3 trains? I imagine 1080-1140 pph range. If its running very well then it must be really busy right now as it has a 90 min wait

One craft on Galactica 💀💀
That is horrific
Just to add, if a ride is only running 1 train that can run 3 but isn’t for whatever reason, they shouldn’t be selling fast track for it, in my opinion

I imagine it opened on 2 and has had to drop down to 1 for some reason so fastrack tickets had already been purchased. Hopefully it will go back up to 2 again before the end of the day.

Of course it’s school holidays and a Saturday, it should have been on 3, so all of this is just embarrassing really.

Edit: it appears they have pulled one shot fastrack from sale today. So it must be those with packages only in the fastrack queue.

The ride is currently closed for whatever reason.

Could the queue line have reached capacity?

I also notice that Rita hasn’t opened since this morning, either; TS got evacuated from the queue at the start of the day according to Facebook, and it hasn’t reopened since.
EDIT: Galactica has now reopened on a 60 minute queue, so clearly it’s gotten a bit quieter around there now.