• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Back on topic.
Ride offering is less.
Throughput is less (reliability issues / old / less cars)
Attendance is less - but not less enough to counter the above. Hence the queue issues.

It's straying away from the whole availability discussion but as an outsider the worst part about the whole RAP debacle is that as soon as you criticise it you just get shouted back "discrimination!". No, it's not.

Anyway looking at queue times you can really tell that it's a day that gold passholders aren't allowed in for free can't you...

Anyway looking at queue times you can really tell that it's a day that gold passholders aren't allowed in for free can't you...

Interesting point. Are we getting to a stage where it’s ironically quieter on a peak bank holiday due to the excessive number of customers being MAP?

All the Merlin parks look similarly “quiet” so hard to tell if it’s just not a day people choose to visit due to family commitments versus MAP blackout.

Interesting point. Are we getting to a stage where it’s ironically quieter on a peak bank holiday due to the excessive number of customers being MAP?

All the Merlin parks look similarly “quiet” so hard to tell if it’s just not a day people choose to visit due to family commitments versus MAP blackout.

It’s always been quieter than people think on Easter weekend. Guests avoid it as they expect it to be busy.

I have a gold pass and have definitely noticed a pattern between gold exclusion days and how much quieter the park is, back when they used to allow you to see queue times on the AT app outside of the park. I’d often look at them on days like today out of curiosity and queues were always shorter compared to days where gold and below can access the park.

I always expected that bank holidays would be mega busy, which is one of the reasons why I went with gold as I thought I wouldn’t want to visit on a bank holiday anyway. It was always my experience growing up as well that theme parks are always hellishly busy on a bank holiday. I had a particularly traumatising experience at Legoland as a kid visiting on a bank holiday Monday and managed about 3 rides the whole day.

I could be wrong but the impression I get is that when only platinum passes can get in for ‘free’ all the parks seem less busy.

Bank Holiday Mondays are notoriously quiet at Alton, as collectively, everyone else has the same idea to go on the Tuesday. Not sure this applies to Legoland or the other Southern parks, but undoubtedly one of my Top Tips (tm) for Towers.

Bank Holiday Mondays are notoriously quiet at Alton, as collectively, everyone else has the same idea to go on the Tuesday. Not sure this applies to Legoland or the other Southern parks, but undoubtedly one of my Top Tips (tm) for Towers.

Can't speak for Thorpe but even Chessington only has a 35min queue for Vampire today which is almost unheard of for weekends. I'm sure if anyone could be bothered this could be tied directly to gold/silver pass access and the BH weekend just compounds it.

Hoping for that sort of queue when I go on Wednesday 😂

I have a gold pass and have definitely noticed a pattern between gold exclusion days and how much quieter the park is, back when they used to allow you to see queue times on the AT app outside of the park. I’d often look at them on days like today out of curiosity and queues were always shorter compared to days where gold and below can access the park.

I always expected that bank holidays would be mega busy, which is one of the reasons why I went with gold as I thought I wouldn’t want to visit on a bank holiday anyway. It was always my experience growing up as well that theme parks are always hellishly busy on a bank holiday. I had a particularly traumatising experience at Legoland as a kid visiting on a bank holiday Monday and managed about 3 rides the whole day.

I could be wrong but the impression I get is that when only platinum passes can get in for ‘free’ all the parks seem less busy.

As a Platty Map I may just have to test this theory. I only got it so we could go at Xmas and I really doubt this applies to the Halloween/Firework blackouts but hopefully it does in May.

And on topic hopefully the rides are all working by then.

Amazingly CWOA made the news for last weekends fiasco and AT didn't... apologies for linking to the Daily Mail.

It's the media though... it's all just for clicks. I'm amazed that an evac (and near immediate re-opening) of the Big One has gathered substantial more column inches than the abysmal operations, closures and evacs at Towers. I suppose the difference is Towers looks pretty.

I mean ultimately it doesn’t matter which park gets the attention, poor media coverage is another reason for the group leadership to give the parks more resource to increase tech services wages…. Hopefully.

Reactions: Tom