• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

This may have been mentioned already but can anyone confirm if Thirteen is opening late at the moment? When we visit we usually try and get it done and dusted first thing, but may have to change our plans if it's opening late.

Ops are certainly getting better now. Nemesis is back on 2. Waited an hour for Rita never again will I do that I’m limiting my waits for rides to 45 now I come too much to justify waiting that long again

Not too bad on ops today. Nemmy rebo actually opened a couple of minutes early (was on the first train about 9:57!) Galactica is on two trains but with only one station which seems a bit silly! Th13teen also seems to be causing trouble- experienced two periods of down time whilst queueing, but bless the ride staff when it is working they seem to be getting the trains out quickly.

From my visit last week seemed the park were able to get more things open for 10 which is a good sign that hopefully things are on the up! (Though not getting hopes up tbh)

Edit: seems like any old gust of wind x sector is out of action. Smiler closed twice today due to high winds and it’s not even that windy. Wardley help the poor people visiting tomorrow!

Last edited:
Was pretty much like this all day today:

1000002200.jpg

Thirteen was 110 minutes at one point.

Hardly any downtime that I saw as well for these rides.

In CBeebies at one point Night Garden was 90 mins, Get Set Go was 75 mins and Octonauts was 60 mins. That's crazy.
I’m sorry who in their right mind would queue 90 mins for Th13teen. Most of those people must’ve not been on it before because anyone who has would see that queue time and laugh

I’m sorry who in their right mind would queue 90 mins for Th13teen. Most of those people must’ve not been on it before because anyone who has would see that queue time and laugh

You really do seem to live on a different planet my friend.......many people, including those who only visit a few times a year or less will more than likely queue this.

Not everyone has the luxury of:

A. Visiting all the time.
B. Visiting all the time.
C. Visiting all the time.

Your posts over many years now seem to suggest strongly that you have a really difficult time accepting or understanding that fact. Are you ok hun? We are all here for you to offer you the emotional support you may need babez.

Last edited:
You really do seem to live on a different planet my friend.......many people, including those who only visit a few times a year or less will more than likely queue this.

Not everyone has the luxury of:

A. Visiting all the time.
B. Visiting all the time.
C. Visiting all the time.

Your posts over many years now seem to suggest strongly that you have a really difficult time accepting or understanding that fact. Are you ok hun? We are all here for you to offer you the emotional support you may need babez.
You make a decent point here but you couldn't pay me to queue 90 minutes for that ride.... I would rather go and risk concussion off the Smiler

I personally would not, so to be fair to @Ethan, I understand where he is coming from. Many, many people would queue this though.
Many people would queue but who knows why. Tbh I’ve come to the conclusion that queueing 90 mins for any coaster is ridiculous. They last like 2 minutes I don’t get humanity's willingness to wait so long for an experience that lasts minutes. Yes I’m guilty of waiting stupidly long for rides before but I’ve got no idea why I did it

There are people who rank TH13TEEN far higher than others. For example, it is currently both of my parents' favourite ride at Alton Towers because it is 'smooth' and 'not too intense'.

Some people might find it obscene that there are people who wait 90 minutes for The Smiler, especially due to The Smiler's queue line itself, which most people would consider to be far less pleasant than TH13TEEN'S queue.

If it is a busy day at Alton Towers, then 90 minutes might be a shorter queue time than many others around the park.

There are also people who are between 120 and 140cm tall. These people have a fewer number of rides available to them, so they might be more willing to wait 90 minutes for TH13TEEN than your average single adult.

I have personally waited approximately 90 minutes for TH13TEEN. The wait wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
Oh, I've willingly queued three hours plus for rides. (Almost 30 years ago when Chessington was open til 9pm in the summer).
.... Because I was a teenager who had no idea there was such a thing as "off peak".

But that's my point. To most casual visitors, such things are the norm, and they don't question it. Not that this makes it right, of course.

Many people would queue but who knows why. Tbh I’ve come to the conclusion that queueing 90 mins for any coaster is ridiculous. They last like 2 minutes I don’t get humanity's willingness to wait so long for an experience that lasts minutes. Yes I’m guilty of waiting stupidly long for rides before but I’ve got no idea why I did it

Have you ever been to a Disney or Universal park?

This is the sort of argument one tends to hear from non-park goers! If you truly don't get the point of queuing for a long amount of time for a short-term experience maybe you should find another interest?

Indeed, however, Merlin in particular seem to have an issue with lengthy queueing.
All the BPB queues are usually about half the time at the Towers, day for day matching.
Usual queues at BPB average at about twenty to thirty minutes max, excepting the Big One being on one train.
Towers queues are usually double, on the day.
The Towers queues have got worse overall over time, reliability has got far worse, and very off peak days have vanished.
Availability and operations are nothing like what they used to be...fact.
And I think it is time we stopped the pile on with our Ethan.
We are still all allowed our own opinions, and this is the right place to express them.