• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides you miss/wish you could have ridden?

I’d LOVE to ride Boneshaker / Energizer again. I think it was such an underrated flat ride and I loved it as a child. It’s such a shame it had to go, it would’ve really worked in the Dark Forest as some sort of possessed tree / whomping willow type of thing!

That's what I meant "Boneshaker"

The Park Railway.

Odd pick... I'm not into trains in the slightest but I remember on my first ever visit to to AT (1999?), while walking past the Swan Boats, I saw the old Merrie England station entrance with this free-standing sign, in the shape of an X, which was in the way of the queue that said "END OF THE LINE RAIL CLOSED" or something.

7 year old me thought it was just closed for the day and I'd be able to ride it next time... :(

I don't think I'd get much out of it now, but I suppose I wish 7 year old me could have ridden it. In years to come I could look back fondly while wearing my rose-tinted glasses. :cool:

Corkscrew is one that I had the chance to ride but for some reason didn't on my first time I went to Alton Towers. I wish I had. I don't know why I didn't. There's plenty in the looks like they were fun but either disappeared before I ever got to Alton Towers or are even from before I was born. I think that Doom And Sons looks like fun. As does the Haunted House. It's a shame there aren't more pictures at least of them. I remember seeing a lot of people talk about how great Toy Land Tours is and I would love to know if it was genuinely that great or if it just was the sheer awfulness of the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory ride and nostalgia that made it seem a lot better.

I kind of feel like AT could do with more walk around attractions. Aside from anything else they're useful for when you have friends going to the park with you and people need a way for lunch to settle before going on more rides. I'm always amused by the fact that Alton Towers once had a doll museum.

Around the world was the original and was great

Toyland Tours was better than CATCF. There were some real gems (puns) in there, bouncing castles, snail electrix, dolly mixtures, etc..

It was very up beat and a lot going on

Doom and Sons was fun. The original Haunted house was brilliant before they messed with it.

Back in the 1980's, they had a model railway situated in the chapel. Yes they had a dolls museum. They also had the Thunderbird puppets on display behind Hex. They also had a room/hut with taxidermy in. They also had some classic cars on display. Talbot cars imported cars and sold them. Hence the name Talbot, all part of the Talbot family.

The Ice age theatre used to house a dancing water fountain show which I seen.

Where the Sealife is, used to house a 3D cinema dome.

The Haunted Hallow path use to be the old railway track for the narrow gauge railway

Was lucky enough to go on a few now departed rides on my first visit to Towers in 2003 and on a return visit in 2006.

Boneshaker is the one I enjoyed most and would love to see a version of returning to the park. Was brilliant fun and well themed. Have read when it was in X sector as energiser the cycles were even more aggressive which would've been amazing. Have also read someone's calculations that due to the number of these models made the same ride at a Spanish park may well be boneshaker..

Others I got to do that year:
Black Hole - can't really remember the ride but do remember waiting for a looooong time
The Flume - Great fun and slightly more worth the wait than black hole iirc.
Corkscrew - was walk in by this time but recall finding it pretty uncomfortable
Dynamo - decent for what it was
Ripsaw - didn't like it at the time and wasn't keen to go back on. I do think if it was now though I'd actually enjoy it way more
4D Cinema - enjoyed as it was pissing with rain at the time!
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory - left this to last as apart from the long wait time I can only remember finishing the ride thinking I'd missed something..

All great memories!

I never got to ride the corkscrew was a bit too young to get the chance but would have loved to have ridden it either though it wasn't anything special.

I’d have loved to have experienced Thunder Looper.

Black Hole at the time always felt like a filler ride that I wouldn’t bother with unless it was a quiet day, looking back though it was fun & I do miss it.

Black hole, The Flume and Energizer / Boneshaker. Rode them all and all sorely missed! Energizer was surprisingly intense too and was awesome for airtime! I’ve found this video on YouTube of a supernova in all its glory. Bearing in mind they only had Thirteen style lap bars, it really was a great ride. Although I never remember AT’s supernova going upside down? I didn’t actually know they could until I saw this video!

I missThe flume and Corkscrew

I also miss the black hole but last time I went on it I rode it with the lights on, so I like leaving that as my last memory of the ride

Last edited:
Corkscrew was actually a fairly good coaster considering it’s age and technology

loved the black hole, not for the ride really just the novelty of it being in the dark. Oh and the station.

boneshaker / energizer. Was interesting…. Certainly a unique experience

Ripsaw should never have gone. Simple’s

one I do miss a lot is Submission. I thought it was a great little ride. Again no idea why it went or where it went too

Corkscrew was actually a fairly good coaster considering it’s age and technology

loved the black hole, not for the ride really just the novelty of it being in the dark. Oh and the station.

boneshaker / energizer. Was interesting…. Certainly a unique experience

Ripsaw should never have gone. Simple’s

one I do miss a lot is Submission. I thought it was a great little ride. Again no idea why it went or where it went too
I remember seeing a picture from 2015 that showed submission to still be at the park, albeit in pieces in a pile of leaves in coaster corner. Could all be there for all I know. It seems strange though how a perfectly serviceable ride would just be left to rot.