• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RIP Ripsaw

Am I the only one who has never seen the nemesis queue so long? Would have loved to have done it in opening year (if I could of anyway) but don't know if I'd be prepared to wait 4 hours. 2 for the smiler was my limit.

Tbf that picture was when Nemesis only had the one extension (behind the stall turn) It had yet to have built the extension as you turn left at the entrance and the extension all the way back up behind the loop. That's only a 30min queue on two trains. I think there's only been one time I've queued all the extensions (except the unused one featured in the photo) at a Scarefest Meet and I think we queued close to 1hr 30mins for it.

I'll miss Ripsaw :( Shame it was apparently on its last legs since it's only 18 years old (compared to Blade or Enterprise which are both around 30!)

The main issue with Ripsaw was that it kept chewing up gearboxes.

Sometimes they could get them refurbed, but increasingly in recent years, it has needed completely new units which are incredibly expensive.

The Blade and Enterprise are relatively simple rides in comparison, which is why they've lasted so long.

In surprised Enterprise hasnt left before Ripsaw though. Jheez that ride is a joke it has more down time than its open

If Rippy returns now I'll down a glass of vodka!

That seals the deal on its demise (though I expected this co firmed by the queue line), why would you remove ride queue, structure and extras and then return it to the park?

In other news, Garda have apparently closed theirs too which begs the question for Heide's & Chessington's ones.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1451770238-472567-jpg.107

Guess they REALLY don't want that part to be put back together! :p

this will throw a spanner in the works- i've just checked on AT's website, and Ripsaw is still listed in the "rides" section.