• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita: General Discussion

Was just discussing WWTP Radio in the Thorpe Park thread which reminded me of the Alton Towers effort for Rita - Thunder Rock Rally.

Who remembers this? Haven't dived into Google yet but off the top of my head tracks included...

Elton John - Crocodile Rock
The Beatles - Lovely Rita
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name

I don't know if it is just me or not, but I think that Rita fits decently in the Dark Forest, especially as it replaced the absolutely horrendous clash between Thunder Rock Rally and Ug Land?

Rita Queen of Speed and the Thunder Rock Rally made a lame excuse of being placed in prehistoric themed area. Current Rita added another excuse on top of that for being in a haunted woodland "themed" area.

Was just discussing WWTP Radio in the Thorpe Park thread which reminded me of the Alton Towers effort for Rita - Thunder Rock Rally.

Who remembers this? Haven't dived into Google yet but off the top of my head tracks included...

Elton John - Crocodile Rock
The Beatles - Lovely Rita
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name

Another fantastic bit of AT audio lost to history, appreciate they couldn’t sell the songs but the in-house conversations in-between would be a great listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another fantastic bit of AT audio lost to history, appreciate they couldn’t sell the songs but the in-house conversations in-between would be a great listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, I would love to get hold of the full loop. Somebody out there must have it, there was a sample selection of clips posted online years ago but I've absolutely no idea who posted it or where now! I remember a lot of the characters were voiced by the same people who played WWTP characters so I assume they were both produced by the same team, at the same time?

It used to be on YouTube. I have a copy of the vocal parts in between the songs from a few years back. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Looking at the video over Dark Forest by Squadding Quads on YouTube, Rita’s track looks quite faded and not the most appealing anymore. Not the rich red it once was. 18 years young and still packing a punch though.

This is just a small change I noticed but I guess it’s still related to the ride. I noticed that the seatbelts are now just one length and you can’t thread it through to adjust its length anymore. Speeds things up ever so slightly.

Generally speaking though, I had 3 rides on this yesterday and it’s riding really well! Second best airtime after Wicker Man now for me based on yesterday. I also noticed trains dispatching much quicker than I’ve ever done before, the train in the onload was launching only a few seconds after the offload had pulled in, which I’ve never recalled happening before. I’m not sure if something has also changed at offload which means it’s pulling into onload quicker as well, that part might just be in my head 😂

This is just a small change I noticed but I guess it’s still related to the ride. I noticed that the seatbelts are now just one length and you can’t thread it through to adjust its length anymore. Speeds things up ever so slightly.

Generally speaking though, I had 3 rides on this yesterday and it’s riding really well! Second best airtime after Wicker Man now for me based on yesterday. I also noticed trains dispatching much quicker than I’ve ever done before, the train in the onload was launching only a few seconds after the offload had pulled in, which I’ve never recalled happening before. I’m not sure if something has also changed at offload which means it’s pulling into onload quicker as well, that part might just be in my head 😂

Good to hear, I know the ride has a minimum dispatch time, based on the time it takes the accumulators to pump the hydraulic fluid back into them, after each launch. But I suspect they almost always went over that due to operations, nice to hear they are going fast again.

I think the seatbelts also must be different lengths. Last week I sat in one seat and the seatbelt was pretty loose, yet later in the day the seatbelt was really tight on me.

It also has a great moment of airtime as it whips you round from the highest point of the ride onto the second banking above Thirteens entrance which I’ve never experienced before. If it was this consistent enough of the time, it could seriously be in my Towers Top 2 which is not something I ever thought I’d say! Will be riding again on May 21st so let’s see if it can hold up to it

Bump!

Shared with permission, this is why you should never take your phone on Rita...

20230708_182642.jpg

20230708_182652.jpg
I think they were quite lucky to get away with only that degree of damage given how fast Rita goes!

This is why I’d always recommend clothes with zip or popper pockets for visiting theme parks; you can still have your valuables with you while you’re on the ride, but they’re stored securely and can’t fall out.

The batching this afternoon on Rita was shocking, the train would reportedly be in the station waiting on the batcher for sometime minutes at a time… now i get the issues with RAP sometimes but with how slow the batcher was being with just the main/fast track line he was failing to load any RAP at all for around 25 minutes from around 14:05 to 14:30 and then was only every 2-3 trains he had time to batch a group. The theoughput must have been around 25-30 trains an hour which is 500-600 people per hour