• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita

Thanks for the comments about the name - it was a baffling decision.

I've never particularly enjoyed Rita but I think that's due to the style of rollercoaster rather than Rita itself. I don't really enjoy the sudden launch. It's interesting that Grand_Nash said it's a good one to start with, as for me it's probably the most intense after Oblivion (haven't been on The Smiler). I'm more naturally inclined to enjoy Nemesis' slower build up.

Also I was told to remove my glasses by a ride operator which spoiled it as I couldn't see what was going on and was worried about finding my way to my glasses after it ended! I can see the reasoning behind it but I've never had a problem wearing my glasses on Oblivion, which you would think is a bigger risk. My head was also shaken about quite a bit on Rita, which I was less willing to forgive on a 2005 coaster than on Corkscrew.

Im a sucker for the airtime, in all fairness rita is not the quickest launch, but it is one of the the more forcefull ones. If i visit the park with a newbie, id go thirteen, rita, sonic then aim to knock off oblivion and nemmy off their lists.

All good at getting the adrenaline juices flowing nicely but i find airtime a major laugh with friends/ girlfiend

I do like the airtime on Rita - as long as I remember to push my head back into the seat I enjoy the non-launch part of it!

Also I was told to remove my glasses by a ride operator which spoiled it as I couldn't see what was going on and was worried about finding my way to my glasses after it ended! I can see the reasoning behind it but I've never had a problem wearing my glasses on Oblivion, which you would think is a bigger risk..
Really, I have to take my glasses of for all the coasters (exept RMT and sonic) and ripsaw. So I wear contact lenses. Being able to look down on oblivion and the carpark amazing views from air is worth the pain.

I do like Rita, just for the air time,
However didn't like Rita today! Just before launch it started raining... my poor face.. ouch! :mad:

I rode it in the rain, front row on Saturday. Wasn't pleasant :p Rita has grown on me a bit over the last couple of years. I don't think it's a terrible ride, but to me it's not anything special compared to the other thrill coasters at Towers. It would have been much cooler with lap bars and a theme that doesn't stick out awkwardly. Decent ride, but I still much prefer Stealth.

Sat on her yesterday next to a 40yr old grown man who had never rode her before...
He'd come with the wife n kids and was determined to get at least 1 coaster ride.

I never knew those sort of sounds could come out of someones mouth!

He got off with the biggest grin on his face, then saw him babbling to his wife very energetically still with a huge smile.

Oh you never forget your first time :D

Haven't actually been on Rita before (I've only just actually started enjoying rides) but I am planning on riding it next month when I visit

Rita in my opinion is the worst Big 5 coaster. Air is unique. Th13teen I find fun. Oblivion is cool and Nemesis is just amazing