• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita

No I find the air time on Rita to be much more fun and there are 3 separate occurrences of airtime. Plus thirteen Is boring before the drop but Rita is great fun all round (I'm tall enough for my head not to bang about)

No I find the air time on Rita to be much more fun and there are 3 separate occurrences of airtime. Plus thirteen Is boring before the drop but Rita is great fun all round
all opinion. I don't agree with it but its your choice. Just because i personally do not like Rita (though i do agree there is *some* air time (I've never really noticed that much)) doesn't mean everyone else has to hate it

as for that last sentence, i think i understand now. I think i would enjoy Rita if it wasn't for this

R
Thats because she knows you hate her!
Ride her more and she may become more agreeable to you :p
Last time I went on I was Ok because my head was in the right position. I have a question. On roller coasters where is the best place for your head to go if you are quite small.

R

Last time I went on I was Ok because my head was in the right position. I have a question. On roller coasters where is the best place for your head to go if you are quite small.
... If you have a small head... :rolleyes:
I guess just keep it in the middle so it dont touch the sides, less painfull for everyone :p

Generally I find the instruction to keep your head back on most coasters to be a recipe for discomfort, unless you're bracing for a launch or riding a B&M inverted coaster like Nemesis (probably the only ride system I've found to usually be smooth enough to not rattle your head through the headrest). Keep it forward so that your ears are out of line with the restraint.

Virgin riders always have a worry it will rattle and hurt the first time, but as long as you hold tight as you pull off its a pleasurable ride.
The first hill hill can take you breath but just go with it to the end.
:)

If you can't get your head clear of the OTSR, there is a tactic that sometimes works: Provided you can anticipate which way your head will be thrown, place your face against that side of the restraint in advance to minimise the distance it will travel. Of course, with Intamin's lovely blade shaped shoulder straps, that doesn't help much...

I prefer Rita to Stealth. Stealth is fine, but its just over way to quickly, and I dont particularly find the top hat that thrilling. Rita lasts longer, brings you closer to the ground on the banked curves and you have those nice pops of airtime.

I gave it billy big spuds the first time I rode Rita and out my arms up but dislocated my shoulder after having reconstructive surgery on it 6 months prior. These days I be normal and hold on

To be fair I don't mind Rita, it's certainly not the best coaster on park or of its type but for what it is it is okay. You just need to get s train that doesn't have square wheels!

It's just a shame that it was dumped in Ug Land, had a crap theme when it opened and now it is even worse! It has a depressing queue line, music, station (can you call it that?) and it cuts through the middle of the whole area.

To be fair I don't mind Rita, it's certainly not the best coaster on park or of its type but for what it is it is okay. You just need to get s train that doesn't have square wheels!

It's just a shame that it was dumped in Ug Land, had a crap theme when it opened and now it is even worse! It has a depressing queue line, music, station (can you call it that?) and it cuts through the middle of the whole area.
i think (just like with Charlie) the ride is underrated slightly because the area has so much potential. If you were to rip it out and add some decent flats, or a familly coaster or ride of some sort, dark Forrest would be so much better.

I think if Rita write to be removed and replaced with a Mack megalite with numerous launches themed around escaping, Dark Forest would already be so much better.