• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita

QueenRita

TS Member
Rita

I think Rita is a ride that deserves a post of her own.
I can't get enough of Rita, it may be a 50 second ride but she's one of my favourite coasters at the park.
Who else likes Rita? ;D

Methinks you may find yourself in a minority here ;)

Personally, I prefer Stealth.

Haha yeah, I haven't seen many Rita fans here but I'm sure theres a few!
Rita may not be as scary as Oblivion or as amazing as Nemmy but she's a good coaster and I always have a few rides when I'm at AT. :D

Rita is not too bad of a coaster, it looks better now in the Dark Forest then it did in UG land. The ride could be awesome if it had lapbars and the theme(ing) was done up a bit.

Personally I think Stealth at Thorpe Park is a far better coaster.

=)

The main problem I have with Rita is the dire throughput & que faff. Luckily, I go AT enough so if I don't ride it I don't feel I have missed out, but will only ride it if the is little wait.

The que is purgatory.

Stealth IS a much better ride mind IMO.

Quite a good addition to he park though I think, and its not bad at all. If Rita was at DMP or chessie, I'm sure it would be a headline attraction. Saying that, it probably is to a lot of the GP.

Back 2 rows provides some good airtime too.

Joseph said:
Worst. Ride. Ever.

:mad:

I think that's quite unfair. IMO Rita is just as good as Th13teen. If Rita was at another park such as Drayton Manor, she would be one of the best rides there but at AT she isn't seen as being such a good ride because of the other rides such as Oblivion and Nemmy. That's just what I think though :S

Fun and forceful launch, followed by dull and uninspired layout. It doesn't excite me to be honest.

It's hard not to compare it to Stealth, which is a much better ride.

I enjoy Rita, and it's by no means a bad ride. But out of the main coasters at AT its probably the weakest.

The problem is there's no air-time. I don't give a damn about the layout as long as there's at least some nice floater- at the very least- but it's as forceless as Thirteen. Although the dive to the right after the first hill is a slight redeeming factor, there really is very little force and the transitions are relatively slow- at least compared to other Intamins- which means there's no moment when you feel like you're leaving the seat. I don't even care about the length, it's just the lack of force.

I don't understand why Stealth is considered the better ride? I much prefer Rita, it's launch is quite fun and the airtime on the hills is fun! The turn at the top end can be a bit forceful on a good day as well.

Stealth just goes up and comes back down, it's not big enough to just do that in my opinion. It needs something else after the tophat. Like the layout of Rita ;)

Dar said:
I don't understand why Stealth is considered the better ride? I much prefer Rita, it's launch is quite fun and the airtime on the hills is fun! The turn at the top end can be a bit forceful on a good day as well.

Stealth just goes up and comes back down, it's not big enough to just do that in my opinion. It needs something else after the tophat. Like the layout of Rita ;)

Completely agree!

Having said that I'd say that Rita is better than any coaster at Thorpe...

Rita is the better ride out of Stealth and Rita. However it is not up to much at Towers, certainly not the best there!

Rita is definitely better out of the two imo.

However, rita compared to any other coaster at both parks? It's at the bottom in my ratings.

It'd be great if you weren't jackhammered into a puddle of bruised diarrhoea by the awful trains and general shakiness!!

Fun ride nevertheless though.

I like Rita and do enjoy it, It is great on a foggy morning the cold mist in your face on front row is amazing. I rate it but have other coasters in front of it.