• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

They won't copy a Thorpe maze, the two places are supposed to be viewed as different. I think we will be in for something immersive though given the niche left by the Boiler House.

Also, what happened to the apparent '2 mazes in the Towers'? Was that just a rumour or had that been confirmed? I remember a few people saying they'd heard it while on the monorail.

Voke said:
Also, what happened to the apparent '2 mazes in the Towers'? Was that just a rumour or had that been confirmed? I remember a few people saying they'd heard it while on the monorail.

It was just rumour as far as I know. Nothing has been confirmed up until today.

The locations of the two mazes are yet to be confirmed.

It is believed that Alton Towers were looking at putting one maze in the Towers, on the floor above TOTT - and another maze on the soccer site (adjacent to the Towers). These are all rumours though and nothing has been confirmed yet.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. If the mazes are on-park I'm guessing either one of those locations most possibly could be used. But I guess anything could happen/change in the next few weeks/months.

as mentioned in the TS article Scarefest is always changeable and indeed changing at the drop of a hat - aside from the towers pretty much every other attraction has changed venue / storyline over the years which is why even Alton arent confirming anything else at present.

So TOTT: SAME AGAIN - grrr! The towers make a great venue, but it needs some story to it again.

Circus - where do we think its going? Temporary marquee, is so where?

New Maze - where do we think its going? what themes?

--

Im assuming new maze to go into goal striker, we've heard it rumoured before. Perhaps Circus could be next to it on the grass, it makes better sales sense to locate the two together - but then with all 3 mazes and the scarezone in one very small area it leaves the rest of the park worryingly bare.

Im dissapointed, again, at the lack of expansion. But not surprised, expansion needs money.

sadly, again, no Ian the most iconic of mazes is not returning - it used to be planted march / april time.

A new "It's a maze, but we're not releasing details" Probably means that it's not quite finished yet (Don't hold me to that, Towers may do it a bit differently to everywhere else)

Either way, I hope they don't disappoint. Scarefest last year just felt a bit... Meh. I feel that they actually had a step down from 2010.

Personally, I think they're going to be off-park. I don't know what their profits from mazes were like last year, but I didn't enjoy having everything on park.

- ToTT needs some work story wise
- Carnival needs some work scare wise
- The park needs more attention than it had last year

With all this said, I'm still looking forward to my favourite event of the season and can't wait to see what they do... Especially with Sub-Terra. Even if they haven't announced anything, I'm pretty sure they'll step it up a little.

The park were most definatley considering some kind of 'Sub-Terra Live' event at the start of the year. Whether this actually makes the final Scarefest lineup is a completely different story.

Aren't the 'Live' events usually the last to be announced? If so I could see TH13TEEN After Dark quite possibly making a return. I don't think we'll ever get Duel Live back.

I'd imagine they'd gain something related to Sub Terra - this years new product, mixed with the most popular event that they hold - it'd be a no brainer!

It sure is! But the question is, as Sub-Terra is kind of already 'Live', what could they add exactly?

More actors around the area and in the queue-line would be a start. Maybe some added lighting/sounds around the queue-line? (No floodlights please)

In terms of the actual ride experience there's not much they can do to 'liven' it up, it would have to be either an extended ending section or just more actors in the general area.

They need to focus more on other attractions if they are to do live actors again. Thirteen, Hex or Duel would all be rides I'd choose over Sub-Terra which is already live anyway. Having wraiths patrolling the woodland around the Thirteen queueline would be insane, as would a real "hag" in Hex! ;)

Duel Live NEEDS to come back... More specifically the Duel Live of 2009, because it was amazingly awesome...

As well as more things on park, specifically Cloud Cuckoo Land, Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon...

As much as we'd love Duel Live to come back, I'm not sure it ever will. As far as we know, too many people complained about the guns not being operational, so they reverted it back. I'm sure they'd much rather liven up the newest attractions. This is why over the last few years TH13TEEN Live has taken place, with a Sub-Terra Live attraction heavily rumoured for this year! :)

I would be surprised of Sub-Terra was billed as having additions for Scarefest, particularly considering that the additions they made for V2 were the kind of thing you would have expected them to do to make the attraction 'Live'

This is what I believe to be the case too, terry was built initially to allow a small temporary maze to be added at scarefest. Then when it was panned they used the ideas they were saving and made it into a permanent fixture.
I don't see what else they could do now?

They did run that survey asking about a permanent scare maze last year didn't they?

I'm not sure why the mazes were ever held off the park in years gone by, surely the numbers of guests visiting them last year was far higher?