• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

I think we're all forgetting that Sub-Terra has an absolutely massive queue line which they could utilize, as well as a bit of room at the exit just before the baggage booth. Not only this, but it's in an ideal location for a scare zone or to have live actors walking round. Combine this with the potential for more effects, new audio and more "Doors Closing" Action than you can handle and Towers could have a nice side attraction.

To me it would just seem lazy though, considering they already have a mini-scaremaze built into it. It would be a cheap way of making it a Scarefest attraction when other attractions that lack any 'scare' element could be adapted.

I guess that they could always put actors at the bottom of the drop, possibly being attacked.
The screams and bloody, 'mutated' faces could get a few scares!

I don't think that anything will be added to Sub Terra, apart from actors patrolling the queue area.

My money is on the new maze being in the Towers or Goalstriker.
There really is no other space, unless you want to block the gardens or the view of the Towers, which I can't see them doing...

Longy said:
I guess that they could always put actors at the bottom of the drop, possibly being attacked.
The screams and bloody, 'mutated' faces could get a few scares!

I don't think that anything will be added to Sub Terra, apart from actors patrolling the queue area.

My money is on the new maze being in the Towers or Goalstriker.
There really is no other space, unless you want to block the gardens or the view of the Towers, which I can't see them doing...

They'd never put anyone in the drop chamber whilst the ride was in operation - too much chance of something going wrong and someone getting hurt, especially in the pitch black.

From what I can remember from Warwick castle a few years ago during there Halloween they had actors on the lawns telling "horror stories" i think this will be great idea for towers I think on the front lawn with the castle in the background

josht said:
with the castle in the background

:mad:

Castle.. Damn it.. It's the Towers!

But back on topic, I'd say that would be a very good for Scarefest.. But I'm not sure because with a ghost story, quietness and a calm voice is the key to get people engaged with the story, but with a microphone it would counteract that. And you can't really do it with out a microphone because the noise of Sonic Spinball,Towers Street and just general people sound, will just make it un-listenable..

:)

Pricey. said:
All I'm saying is I think we're going to be on for a surprise this year ;)
I'll bet we are. They'll probably close at 6pm and only run the mazes on weekends.

Tom said:
I'm not sure why the mazes were ever held off the park in years gone by, surely the numbers of guests visiting them last year was far higher?

You’d have thought so but from what I'm aware the mazes were an absolute flop last year *Confirmation Needed

While bringing them on park did seemed like a great way to raise awareness the side effects was that it also highlighted the fact they were pay attractions. People took one look at the price and just said "stuff it I've already paid the entry fee I'm going on Oblivion or TotT for no extra cost". That wasn't an issue when the mazes were off park because firstly they were a separate attraction so people accepted an additional charge and secondly they were open until 11 which meant you didn't have to sacrifice ride time to enjoy them.

What about street dancers dressed-up as various ghouls and monsters that go around the park and occasionally start dancing (Thriller style moves, etc...)? They don't need a stage or effects so Merlin wouldn't have to spend as much money on it.

Scarefest always sees many more visitors, so why don't Merlin give some larger scale entertainment a try?

Yep, pretty much. They could all trudge around the park and pose for photos with the odd guest, make a few people jump, follow a group or two and then go into a random space and start to dance every so often. :p

Like this kind of thing, only with fewer people and without the lying down bit, perhaps? :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5js_CX3SU[/youtube]

Alton wouldnt even need to hire them, they could just invite a few people from local dance/acting groups to take part in a massive halloween Flash Mob on various days of scarefest!

I guess they could at least reward them though for helping out. :p

Would like to a return for the fright lights they had a few years ago

This has just been posted by Alton :-

"Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off the 5pm-9pm timeslot on the day - limited numbers available. Alternatively Annual Pass holders can purchase a Scarefest Freedom ticket - Just £50pp - giving unlimited access to both mazes throughout the event, plus Fastrack entry to Terror of the Towers. Limited to first 100 passholders - on sale soon."

Great news! Finally us passholders get some kind of discount. :)

Voke said:
Annual Pass holders can purchase a Scarefest Freedom ticket - Just £50pp - giving unlimited access to both mazes throughout the event, plus Fastrack entry to Terror of the Towers. Limited to first 100 passholders - on sale soon."

Very good value...

I'm very pleased about this as I mentioned about some form of unlimited access to the mazes for Annual Pass Holders (Local Fans) a good few years back. :)

I will be visiting tomorrow to find out when the Scarefest Freedom ticket will be available and by what means...

Just been watching the scare rooms on YouTube they look great for those stopping in the hotel would defiantly stay in one if they make a return this year

A few updates on prices for mazes which you can now book online:

For the most amazing Scarefest Experience, be sure to add on Maze tickets to your theme park tickets, you can book them online, right here.

Time slots for the mazes are priced as follows if you book before August 31st

Carnival of Screams + New Maze

1pm-3pm = £9.00

3pm-5pm = £11.00

5pm-9pm =£13.00

So it seems this year they are trying to space people out, as the mazes were dead during the day but busy at night, so its gone up £1 if you go between 5pm-9pm but its gone down £3 if you do before 3pm. And Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off the 5pm-9pm timeslot on the day.

Voke said:
This has just been posted by Alton :-

"Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off the 5pm-9pm timeslot on the day - limited numbers available. Alternatively Annual Pass holders can purchase a Scarefest Freedom ticket - Just £50pp - giving unlimited access to both mazes throughout the event, plus Fastrack entry to Terror of the Towers. Limited to first 100 passholders - on sale soon."

Great news! Finally us passholders get some kind of discount. :)

Ooh, that's a really interesting offer! Would love to see how many people will take that up... Right now just trying to puzzle out if it'd be worth it for me! While £50 is a lot of money, I do intend to spend a lot of time at Scarefest, so...