• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Rowe said:
Auditions are due for Scarefest this year, this email being sent out mere minutes ago by the Recruitment Team:

Are you ready to make NIGHTMARES come true?

Keep your diaries free because auditions for Alton Towers Resort's SCAREFEST, the UK's biggest and most terrifying Halloween event, are coming in August 2012!

We have roles in both scare and family attractions, so whatever your strength, experience, size or gender, whether you're after blood curdling or spooky fun, we want to see you at one of our open auditions.

Specific audition dates, information and locations will be announced soon. SCAREFEST 2012 runs on selected dates from 13th - 31st October, with rehearsals on varying dates between the 1st and 12th October. Interested candidates will need full availability for all dates.

Keep your eyes peeled and chainsaws revved - SCAREFEST is on its way!

I'm intrigued by the 'chainsaws revved' use here!

Maybe they will have a maze similar to The Asylum at Thorpe Park? That'd be a good idea imo, I think it works very well for Thorpe.

I always look forward to Scarefest, and I am happy to read they will be keeping the mazes on the park instead of at the hotels.

This may sound a bit irrational but it would be possible for merlin to share the mazes between Thorpe and Alton.

For example, The Asylum is not returning to Fright Nights this year, so some of the sets/equiptment could be transported to Alton for Scarefest in exchange for some of The Boiler House's sets and equiptment and both mazes to be reworked but at different parks.

It would certainly be a cost effective and give each event a new experience without the worry of starting a maze up from scratch!

Was just thinking about the chapel of the towers I'am not sure if they can produce anything inside there

josht said:
Was just thinking about the chapel of the towers I'am not sure if they can produce anything inside there

Maybe like some short of show.. A fake paranormal seance show type of thing.. Pay per visit of course.. ;)

The sharing of mazes would stifle Altons own creativity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AstroDan said:
The sharing of mazes would stifle Altons own creativity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Obviously re-work the maze and story though, meaning its still upto Alton to create a new maze but as a bigger challenge they have a set theme and scenes to incoperate/renovate into new ones.

It's easier, and better, for towers to use their own creative juices to create their mazes. They do a pretty damn ace job of it anyway - I far prefer their versions to the samey samey that thorpe produce!

Plus by having completely different mazes gives that added competition - there'll be people who will do both parks over halloween to try them both out!

Stevie said:
josht said:

Maybe like some short of show.. A fake paranormal seance show type of thing.. Pay per visit of course.. ;)
Ah yeah was just wondering when i walked past after the rumours of a 2nd maze in the towers

I've just received another audition type email for Scarefest, and they state that they're looking for 'Presenters/Performers with a strong dancing ability'.

Could this mean some kind of show/parade will take place during the event this year? :)

josht said:

I'm not sure if that would go down too well with the religious types. :p Plus the only way in and out os the chapel would interfere with ToTT.

376963_366159643454486_1705404006_n.jpg

From the TS Facebook page.

Shame it's the same hearse. I hope they redesign it next year! Would be nice to see something different done.

I think the hearse has become a symbol of Scarefest now, recurring guests will see that and think about Scarefest and Scarefest wouldn't be the same without that hearse on the front lawn now :)

James said:
376963_366159643454486_1705404006_n.jpg

From the TS Facebook page.

Shame it's the same hearse. I hope they redesign it next year! Would be nice to see something different done.
Really get excited when it appears on the front lawn

Raptor_Dude said:
I think the hearse has become a symbol of Scarefest now, recurring guests will see that and think about Scarefest and Scarefest wouldn't be the same without that hearse on the front lawn now :)

I meant more in terms of the hearse looking different. :)

They've had the three characters on the hearse now for a good few years. It'd be nice to see a little change to the design.

I'm not too happy with the announcement. ToTT is yet again returning with its -now three years old- 'What Lies Beneath' story, and there seems to be no sign of the new Scarezone that was rumoured quite heavily. Also, I really hope that CoS has its layout changed, it just needs some kind of refresh.

The new maze sounds promising. Could it be Asylum from Thorpe Park, and then simply re-named to allow for a slightly different theme? We shall see. Really hoping that the current lineup isn't the final lineup.

Not really to happy about about tott returning as what lies beanth hopefully they can pull some other stuff out