• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

djtruefitt said:
You can use most 2 for 1s for Scarefest I believe, just check the T&Cs

Yeah you can I was more talking along the lines on a 2 for 1 on the after 4pm ticket but apparently they do not exist anymore.

Here is a post that ScareTours have posted:

For anyone staying in a scare room at Alton Towers this Halloween, you may want to bring something smart to wear. We understand that you are all invited to a very special wedding......

^ I noticed that. So a wedding theme is for this years scare rooms?

Interesting.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was just on the Alton Towers website and I noticed that it said;

"Book your Scare Maze tickets online - coming soon!"

Was the ability to book scaremaze tickets online available last year? :)

Olii said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was just on the Alton Towers website and I noticed that it said;

"Book your Scare Maze tickets online - coming soon!"

Was the ability to book scaremaze tickets online available last year? :)

Yes it was. You could purchase the joint tickets as well as an ultimate ticket (which is the admission ticket and the two maze tickets). I can't remember if you could get individual maze tickets online though.

With regards to SCARE ROOMS this year, the theme is Altonville, New Owners but their daughter is getting married. You get invited to the wedding. :)

I know this, as I am stopping in one this year. Got my email, and everything is go!

Expect the maze ticket booking system and scare room details, to be online tomorrow. Got told this by Hotel staff when I rang. :)

kydog1299 said:
With regards to SCARE ROOMS this year, the theme is Altonville, New Owners but their daughter is getting married. You get invited to the wedding. :)

I know this, as I am stopping in one this year. Got my email, and everything is go!

Expect the maze ticket booking system and scare room details, to be online tomorrow. Got told this by Hotel staff when I rang. :)

Then tomorrow is the last chance for the mazes stories to change :( Looks like another year of what lies within. All we can do is hope the layout might have changed but that seems unlikely.

hambletwins said:
kydog1299 said:

Then tomorrow is the last chance for the mazes stories to change :( Looks like another year of what lies within. All we can do is hope the layout might have changed but that seems unlikely.

There are two ways that the park could go about this:

The first way: I reckon that, as Terror of the Towers is now a paid maze, it will be getting a much needed revamp.

I also expect that The Sanctuary will get some changes and Carnival of Screams will be slightly modified from last year also. This is due to Carnival being the free maze and therefore, in my opinion, will not receive any drastic changes. This would then make way for a new maze next year.

The second way: As Carnival of Screams is now the free maze, the park wants people to be impressed by this to encourage them to buy the maze tickets. This means that it would receive a full overhaul.

The Sanctuary and Terror of the Towers would receive small changes and therefore Terror of the Towers could be completely revamped for Scarefest 2014.

I'm expecting minimal changes to Sanctuary and TotT, Carnival I reckon will be getting some work as ents where not happy with it last year.

I know the want to overhaul TotT but Merlin are not being generous with budgets this year.

Freedom Ticket and Freedom Pass available.

However, Pass seems to be showing different prices depending where you look - £50/80 for normal, £40/62 for annual pass. I'd presume it'll be the latter.

Official extreme maze tickets as well available on the day. This makes it all more appealing for us scaremaze fans!

On the COS page of the Towers' website;

After many years of practice and preparation in the delusional confinement of the carnival tent, all the circus acts are ''rejuvenated'' ready to restore the 'GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH' status.

Does this mean COS is getting an overhaul? :)

It does seem that way, with the introduction of the'Jack-Knife' character and what seems like a proper back story!

I hope this year Carnival will have a proper finale, but I'm sure it will do.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

It sounds like TOTT and The Sanctuary will be pretty much as they were before. But it does indeed look like Carnival has been reworked somewhat which is pleasing. It seems to have had its story changed and hopefully this will be reflected with the scenes in the maze.

£40 for the Freedom Pass is also very good value. Though I am confused as to whether it includes Carnival fastrack or not. The booking page says that it does, however it is not mentioned on the main website.

:)

Obviously it's vague but overall the tickets seem cheaper than last year which is good. There is also a 4pm ticket for the park in the first week which is a great idea.

Here's something I spotted on Facebook about 2013's CoS:

1174784_622621027782396_382595488_n.png

Sounds promising! Certainly sounds better than what we've had for the last couple of years, though I'll reserve proper judgement until I've actually seen and experienced the maze, obviously.

:)

Just brought a freedom pass and wondering if anybody else have ??