• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

1236498_10153252647755416_166877567_n.jpg

Picture credit to Jack Gater

So it seems the digging is for Scarefest.

And it also seems that people at the park can't spell... ;)

Andrew said:

Just wondering where this photo was taken

josht said:
Andrew said:

It was taken in fountain square just past the archway that leads to the driving school.

JAMMYD778 said:
josht said:
Andrew said:

It was taken in fountain square just past the archway that leads to the driving school.
Ah thank you

OK construction update from this morning.

Goal striker has been closed.
P1080419.JPM

So where to look. The Gates, I think. One min though. They seem to have added blackout cloth.
P1080422.JPM

We cant even look through the padlock hole
P1080424.JPM

But nothing twarts Super Stretch. Using the power of my telescopic arms I present you The Other Side!
P1080426.JPM

OK we headed over to the park entrance to meet Coaster and wondered what the queue times were?
P1080448.JPM

So what else is being constructed? I hear you ask.
Well over in Haunted Hollow we have this
P1080449.JPM

And the Sanctuary Queue now has this
P1080524.JPM

By the way, Sanctuary looks reasonably complete.
P1080525.JPM

AN area of Fountain Square has been cordoned off.
P1080529.JPM

And they seem to be adding these:
P1080530.JPM

There are 3 of them in that area
P1080531.JPM

and there is one of these to the left of it
P1080533.JPM

Zombie looks untouched but Smiler seems to have caught a Tribble
P1080400.JPM

Great photo's.

I will be buying the 1 day Freedom Pass this year, probably for the Saturday, as that too includes FT for Carnival.

I will be unable to visit Scarefest much at all this year, so the £40 pass isn't worth it for me.

:)

I imagine where them manhole covers are is where the trick or treat stage will be this year, which will be much better in that corner, rather than outside woodcutters in the way.

The manhole covers will most likely be for electrics to power the sound and lighting.

Still unsure if im going to get a freedom pass or not yet.

cybermen39 said:
All the figures of the soldiers and clowns etc are from the roofs of The Land of Make Believe or was that already known

Not sure if that was known or not, but they have used them on the carnival for the past few years (maybe since it launched?). Last year they were all scattered on the outside section of the maze. The year before they were along the corridor of the maze and outside the blackhole tent.

Yes those figures have been used for Carnival of Screams since 2010, when they were placed around the queue. One of them got broken when I went the first time (a wizard?) and it seems there are less of them each year!

I figured they were from the short-lived Land of Make Believe, so it's good to know old props are sometimes kept in storage rather than dumped.

Indeed it was known that they where from Land of Make Believe, god knows how they thought they ever looked cute enough for a children's area. It's telling that they are usable in a Scaremaze now with absolutely no adaptation what-so-ever!

They seem to be setting up Scarefest much earlier this year, TotT and Sanctuary and mostly built and Carnival is on it's way. It would be nice to think this is to allow a greater amount of work around the park but i doubt the budget will extend in that direction.

Just a quick heads up I went on Sunday to try and go collect my freedom pass and was told they won't be available for collection until the 12th of October.

Dave said:
They seem to be setting up Scarefest much earlier this year, TotT and Sanctuary and mostly built and Carnival is on it's way. It would be nice to think this is to allow a greater amount of work around the park but i doubt the budget will extend in that direction.
More like they are employing less staff to do it so it takes longer.