• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

Sounds cool, but are all theme park clowns bound by some sort of union contract to be called Jack? :/

Jack.jpg

(That post is for clown lovers everywhere.)

Just bought tickets, I think the prices are excellent value with annual pass discount, and the introduction of an after 4pm ticket is very welcome news. Well done Towers :)

I'm actually looking forward to this year's scarefest now. I just pray pray pray they make more effort with the lighting this year compared to last year and this year should be a good 'un :)

Pricey. said:
Reading about TOTT can someone please explain the limited Extreme Maze Experience Tickets are?

Basically before the maze opens or after it closes you can get a ticket where the actors can sctually grab you and there working at there full potential for a limited number of people

Pricey. said:
Reading about TOTT can someone please explain the limited Extreme Maze Experience Tickets are?

I believe last year they only officialy did extreme Sanctuary, this was for 10 or so people at the end of the day. The actors could do what they wanted to you! It seems this year they are also doing it on TOTT and the Carnival!

I'm quite surprised to see the freedom pass go down in price for annual pass holders. I believe last year it was £50 for anyone, with no discount available. Also I I tweeted towers asking about the fastrack, and they said you get entry to TOTT and Sanctuary plus fastrack for Carnival! So I think I will certainly be buying one soon!

djtruefitt said:
Pricey. said:

I believe last year they only officialy did extreme Sanctuary, this was for 10 or so people at the end of the day. The actors could do what they wanted to you! It seems this year they are also doing it on TOTT and the Carnival!

I'm quite surprised to see the freedom pass go down in price for annual pass holders. I believe last year it was £50 for anyone, with no discount available. Also I I tweeted towers asking about the fastrack, and they said you get entry to TOTT and Sanctuary plus fastrack for Carnival! So I think I will certainly be buying one soon!

Unlimited Fastrack?

Well last year with a freedom pass you got entry to Carnival and Sanctuary and unlimited fastrack to TOTT (there was in the T&Cs a fair usage policy, yet no one seemed to know what that was :p). So it seems this year it is the same, except with the fastrack on Carnival.

This is the Tweet towers sent me back:

Alton Towers said:
yes carnival fastrack is available and included in the freedom passes!

I believe last year the Freedom Passes were only available to Annual Pass Holders weren't they?

But even so, great to see them come down a bit in price! Judging by a tweet Towers sent out yesterday, they are selling well too! With half sold already!

They probably caught on last year that if it was popular with MAP holders, it could be just as popular with the general public too (probably aimed more at those who live closer to the park).

It is actually very good value,

as it's £40 compared to £8 (annual pass discount) charge for TOTT and Sanctuary, 5 visits in each and you have broke even. Which you could do in a day.. If not two.

Thinking about it it is the exact same for the GP without MAP's. £50 for freedom pass, £10 for combo maze ticket. 5 in each. sorted!

The event is a weekend SHORTER than 2012, forget not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
The event is a weekend SHORTER than 2012, forget not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Actually it isn't, scarefest 2012 spanned 15 days and 3 weekends as does Scarefest 2013. It's just last year the event ended mid-week and had a preview weekend whereas this year it runs consecutively across 15 days.

So SF is exactly the same length as last year.... and cheaper!

Double post but anyway

Those of you that a few weeks ago where fearing the demise of Dr Kelman in 2013 Sanctuary can calm yourselves in the knowledge he will be returning.

Told you not to panic :)

Sorry to go on but how do you go about purchasing these extreme tickets? Id love to do the version for all 3 tbh but im quite confused how you go about doing it.

Pricey. said:
Sorry to go on but how do you go about purchasing these extreme tickets? Id love to do the version for all 3 tbh but im quite confused how you go about doing it.

Last year you purchased them at either the box-office or the chapel ticket office, though i do believe that the extreme run-through was a last minute idea that stemmed from the TowersStreet extreme run through we had on The Sanctuary during our Scarefest meet.

There may a different sales strategy this year.

It says on the page a limited number will be sold on the day. I'm guessing you will just buy these from the box office or one of the maze entrances where they often have pay kiosks. They were very limited last year however.