• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

We saw that show last year on the 30th October and it had no vibe to it the hotel guests also did not seem that interested it seemed they liked to please them selfs more then entertaining the guests. It was self indulgence . Not very Halloween at all .
Were hoping its better this year.

Could anybody give me any info about the Trick or Treat rooms? I have payed a supplement of £165 for 3 nights. I was just wondering wether it was worth the extra and what would the room actually include. Sofar all info I have found is very vage. Does anybody have any pictures or video's or room?
Thanks,
Harley.

Also after extra information on What times the kids clubs take place in the hotels? What time entertainment starts and ends. And times of any other activities in both Hotels.

Sorry for the quad posting. Realising there's more things id like to know. Would anybody happen to have the times of when the "Patches Trick or Treat Show live on stage" starts? And Characcter Meet and Greet's? If not would it be possible to find out before Scarefest actually starts? As we want to plan our days.
Thanks

harley.zoe said:
Could anybody give me any info about the Trick or Treat rooms? I have payed a supplement of £165 for 3 nights. I was just wondering wether it was worth the extra and what would the room actually include. Sofar all info I have found is very vage. Does anybody have any pictures or video's or room?
Thanks,
Harley.

I can't help you much I'm afraid although as far as I'm aware they are lightly decorated and have sweets and other little goodies in the room. From what I've heard they are nicely done! If you haven't seen the page dedicated to the rooms on Alton Towers website you can find it here: http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/trick-or-treat/

harley.zoe said:
Also after extra information on What times the kids clubs take place in the hotels? What time entertainment starts and ends. And times of any other activities in both Hotels.

Hotel entertainment always begins between 7pm and 7:30pm. It's usually 7pm for Splash Landings I believe. Both hotels have something for the kids (although Splash may be more suited). In the past entertainment guides have been available for hotel guests and times can vary.

harley.zoe said:
Sorry for the quad posting. Realising there's more things id like to know. Would anybody happen to have the times of when the "Patches Trick or Treat Show live on stage" starts? And Characcter Meet and Greet's? If not would it be possible to find out before Scarefest actually starts? As we want to plan our days.
Thanks

Much like the hotel entertainment, times can vary each day so there's no solid answer prior to the event. Although during the event there will be entertainment guides handed out at the theme park to guests, which gives you the details and times of shows.

Thanks. That's the lineu for the early ride fasttrcks. So I take it all rides will be open after dark? I have my 5 year old son with me, Do you think the kiddie things will still go on after dark?

Based on previous years, Squirrel Nutty, Flume, Skyride and Riverbank close at dusk.

I imagine it'll be exactly the same this year (though potentially riverbank closed all day due to next year preparations).

My missies got an amazing deal on park tickets for scarefest. Although we get a 40% discount for the company she works for. I was still amazed at this deal. We were going to originally go for the one day (Staying at Chained oak) the nice towers employee quoted us £65 quid for both of us. Not bad she thought, but the nice towers employee then stated. For two days £56 quid for both of you. Yes £56 for both of us for two days and £65 just for the one day. I've no idea how that worked out, but over the moon with that price if I'm honest. We always go around scarefest time now as we learnt in 2011, the park can be busy but not unbearable.

I don't think ill be partaking In the scaremazies as we are on a tight budget as it is and TBH I thought they were a let down, the last time I went. But im already excited about going. I love scarefest time, the park has a better atmosphere then it does during the summer, and the weather is just right for a perfect theme park day. Sunny and cold with a chance of rain. Lovely

OK construction update for Scarefest.

The cordoned off area in fountain square is open but there's 2 of these mini cordoned off areas:
P1080538.JPG

Inside is this. I think this will be mini cordoned off areas for lighting stacks.
P1080539.JPG

Lighting has now appeared before the Towers
P1080551.JPG

Carnival!
More work is going on here There was a lot of banging from goalstriker
P1080573.JPG

Closer look at those figures again
P1080575.JPG

At the other side of those vans is this
P1080577.JPG

and this
P1080580.JPG

Zombie!
Well I didn't expect this! It seems the Zombie Scare Zone this year is the Zombie Xmas Zone
P1080584.JPG

There are LOTS of pressies for all (like death)
P1080585.JPG

Looking up past the bus we get more of the old style theming
P1080587.JPG

I walked round to the other side and was greeted by this. Towers really don't want people looking in, every hole is plugged.
P1080589.JPG

Except that hole at the bottom. When you photograph through it you get... WTF is THAT? It looks like its out of Mad Max!
P1080591.JPG

I need to get a vantage point on this I think. Oh Skyride, come hither!
P1080636.JPG

Ooh Pumpkins, I love Pumpkins.
P1080651.JPG

Oooh Army Tent. I love Army Tents
P1080652.JPG

And finally the speaker above sanctuary entrance that last week wasn't there, is back this week.
P1080592.JPG

A question from a Scarefest noob, does the experience of the maze change much after 5pm? The atmosphere is a bit better if the park is dark I guess, but if the mazes are in darkness anyway, I don't suppose it matters much?

I'm just wondering why the park are charging £2 extra for the evening tickets.

Purely charged more because it's busier in the evenings - people seem to prefer experiencing them in the evening (adds to the atmosphere at build up I suppose).

No difference scare maze wise, just means cheaper before then :)

Quick Question...
Do people tend to go all out on they're costumes over scarefest? I'll put the effort in only the majority do also.

harley.zoe said:
Quick Question...
Do people tend to go all out on they're costumes over scarefest? I'll put the effort in only the majority do also.

A lot of people do come into the park with costumes. I did last year. But no masks are allowed, though.

harley.zoe said:
Also is it possible to buy fasttracks for CoS before entering the Park?

No. You can't get fastrack tickets for Carnival of screams.

ImUrNemeis said:
harley.zoe said:
Quick Question...

A lot of people do come into the park with costumes. I did last year. But no masks are allowed, though.

harley.zoe said:

Unless you have a freedom pass :)

KingNemesis said:
ImUrNemeis said:
harley.zoe said:
Quick Question...

harley.zoe said:

Unless you have a freedom pass :)

Carnival of screams is a free maze, the freedom pass only has TOTT and The Sanctuary listed.

Yeah, but he was asking about fastrack tickets for carnival of screams and a freedom pass offers holders fastrack onto carnival.

Alton Towers said:
The Scarefest Freedom Pass includes:
- Entry to Terror Of The Towers
- Entry to The Sanctuary
- Fastrack entry to Carnival of Screams
- Pass does not include entry to the Theme Park
- Terms and Conditions and restrictions apply - please note you must queue for Terror of the Towers and The Sanctuary. In busy times you may be asked to return at a later time. No return within 30mins
Debit or MasterCard payments are free. Other cards require a charge of £1.50 to cover transaction costs.