• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

I think an enchanted forest walkthrough should be made for children to advertise the new accommodation based in a forest with fairies and stuff.. could even be on the woodland walk.

Not exactly what we want but it would be a missed opportunity...

FO1000S must be the cheapest scare attraction to build. Is there anywhere on the park it could be planted?

Hmmm... could it be altered slightly and done through the gardens?
There's no way that could happen unfortunately, as brilliant as it could be. The gardens will be protected.
(Plus all that low lighting rubbish)

I didn't mean planting a corn field lol! I meant having a scare attraction in the actual gardens. Like the concept of FO1000S but instead of a field, in the gardens, or a particular area of the gardens.

No? Ok. :p

Excitements coming now! The hearse has been put in place on Towers Street! I'm guessing the maze & family entertainment lineups going to be announced within the next few days! (Photo by TowersTimes)
10487339_10152657723923185_239695329063371349_n.jpg

I'm really hoping for some good refreshing news about this year.

If it's the same TOTT/COS/Sanctuary/Zombies lineup, I'll be very disappointed.

But from what I've heard, I reckon there'll definitely be something new this year! :)

I'm not holding my breath either.

Scarefest really needs a complete re-fresh though. It feels so stale.

If only they were given a larger budget but I doubt that will ever happen...

I'd expect a refresh this year for the main attractions (possibly a new storyline for TotT I hope if the maze isn't replaced which I doubt it will be). No idea what they could theme the new maze to if there is one.

Also, park wide lighting is a must to improve the general park atmosphere. Outside of Towers Street and the maze areas, I always feel like the park is lacking something. Having improved lighting and some theming if budget allows would help a lot as has been mentioned in previous years.

I will be keeping my expectations low once again this year. I have no doubts that ents will do a great job with what they have however the budget that Merlin give Towers is just not sufficient in the slightest. I hope we will be a new maze this year or at the very least a majorly revised TOTT. I just pray whatever happens they don't get rid of TOTTs strobe maze as that is still the best part of any scare maze I have ever experienced.

Improved park wide lighting would be nice however it's expensive so I consider it unlikely.

:)

Anyone find this, slightly interesting?
Scarefest OPEN AUDITIONS

Zombies, Vampires, Flesh Eating Creatures WANTED.
How scary are you?

We’re looking for enthusiastic actors with great physicality and real GUTS to perform in the Alton Towers Resort’s award winning Halloween event, Scarefest. Physical and improvisational performance experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided. Extreme sizes and shapes are encouraged to attend. If you’re not so scary, we’re also casting for our spooktacular family shows.

Last year they put, 'Clowns' , in the How Scary Are You section, this year there is no talk of anything to do with clowns. It'd make sense if it was axed, because it's been running a fair few years now and I guess they wouldn't want a repeat of The Boiler House's poor closing year, hense the Jack Nife and upgrades etc...

But then it has grown to be one of the most signature attractions for Scarefest, but it'll be good to see something different and new again. Flesh eating creature themed maze anyone?

This could be me just over speculating. Who knows.

So is this Carnival gone for good? My thoughts and conclusions are drawing towards a new maze, and goodbye Carnival.

Anyone find this, slightly interesting?

Last year they put, 'Clowns' , in the How Scary Are You section, this year there is no talk of anything to do with clowns. It'd make sense if it was axed, because it's been running a fair few years now and I guess they wouldn't want a repeat of The Boiler House's poor closing year, hense the Jack Nife and upgrades etc...

But then it has grown to be one of the most signature attractions for Scarefest, but it'll be good to see something different and new again. Flesh eating creature themed maze anyone?

This could be me just over speculating. Who knows.

So is this Carnival gone for good? My thoughts and conclusions are drawing towards a new maze, and goodbye Carnival.

I personally hope it's given one more year. I do understand what you're saying though, Boiler House declined spectacularly, although it in its defence it never had a permanent home - its location/building changed each year!

The thing with the Carnival is that the theme allows for humour to be more easily incorporated than perhaps the other mazes do. Last year's was excellent, especially the finale; some real talent and imagination went into that and it'd be great to see what new scenes they come up with.

We all know that their budget is stretched to the max, so it's even more important to make the right decisions in terms of selection of actors, scripting, use of current props and choice of music; things which don't need money.

Terror of the Towers is and will always be the signature maze, I hope it's given back it's free entry and completely re-designed. If new props / new costumes (please buy masks, Alton!) aren't affordable, they can still make huge changes by creating a new storyline, choosing new music, changing the layout, creating a new finale, etc.

Not long to go now!

This year I really hope we see the 4th generation ToTT as the "what lies within" theme has gone on far too long now. Pete Cliff did say it was one of the priorities for Scarefest but who knows what will happen.

Ideally, I'd love to see the route/direction reversed back to the way it used to be. Not only would that be a refreshing change but with The Sanctuary sharing the same queue space it's become too crowded round there now. Plus, I always thought the queue for ToTT through the wooded area and then the tunnel was far more appropriate.

Also means they can bring back queueline audio for both mazes.

A suggestion that we may not be seeing many changes to TOTT?

10300669_729353587135088_2488824845309797975_n.jpg

TowersStreet Facebook

The box room certainly looks as if it will be the same as previous years although it is of course early days in construction. Hopefully if TOTT does remain the same we will see a new maze this year, I think the event is in need of something new.

The box room certainly looks as if it will be the same as previous years although it is of course early days in construction. Hopefully if TOTT does remain the same we will see a new maze this year, I think the event is in need of something new.

From that ^^ and the other photos I've seen, ToTT is exactly the same again. Even down the placement of individual theming items lol. I have a feeling the whole event will be exactly the same, maybe even losing a few things to make it smaller - continuing the downward trend since 2007.

The whole of Scarefest needs an overhaul, from top to bottom, and start again.

From that ^^ and the other photos I've seen, ToTT is exactly the same again. Even down the placement of individual theming items lol. I have a feeling the whole event will be exactly the same, maybe even losing a few things to make it smaller - continuing the downward trend since 2007.

The whole of Scarefest needs an overhaul, from top to bottom, and start again.

The problem is that they don't have the budget for a complete overhaul of the event. Of course, we'd all love that to happen but as the budget isn't there, they can only do so much at a time.