• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

It's certainly an interesting idea and no doubt will be a very spooky experience. Will be looking forward to hearing some reviews of it.

If they are using the one toilet in the ruins then that's going to be fun shared between 50 people! I assume there will have to be a staff member of stand by all night for those that need the toilet in the middle of the night. I certainly wouldn't pay all that money for one toilet and no shower facilities at all!

:)

What will they do about showers though as I can't see guests wanting to go on park for a second day without having a shower first?

Does sound quite interesting though!

I'd imagine it's a case of "tough luck you know what you're paying for and it's not showers"! Those that wake up covered in pigeon crap (come on it's bound to happen :p) won't be overly impressed!

:)

Basically, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I pity anyone who's prepared to give Merlin £280+ to camp in a ruin with next to no facilities, and among god knows how many people, no matter how good the entertainment is.

There is a toilet in the ruins, just inside the entrance to the archives which is opposite the exit of The Sanctuary. It's possible they will use that.

That's area I was thinking of too. I tried to get down there once while exploring, and from what I understand they used to have the archives down there, some offices, and a recording studio? Don't know how much of that is true though or even if its all still used.

£280 is a lot of money for a night of scares. £14,000 is a nice bit of cash for Towers though per night. Over 16 nights, that is just short of a quarter of a million pounds. I guess it also allows them to sell the rooms at the hotel as well, so the hotels do not lose out on revenue.

Hopefully as this will be in the Towers, the area where guests will be sleeping will be incorporated in to part of the mazes, so those mazes can benefit from the additional revenue been generated. I also guess with this sort of revenue been generated, a couple of portaloos will be made available within the towers for those stopping over to use.

It seems each year, there is less and less Halloween stuff happening at the hotels. I understand why they moved the mazes from the hotels, as the noise was causing complaints and they can increase the revenue by having them open longer on park, but they just don't feel as scary when they are on park. They lose that edge that they had when they were at the hotels.

I like to try and stay positive, and that Towers will pull something out the bag, so hopefully come 18th October, we will all have a pleasant surprise with Towers pulling something special out of the bag.

Its all personal preference but, when it comes to stopping over in the Towers, I would much rather spend that sort of money on a trip to a European theme park for Halloween.

Ian

Hi everyone!
Having signed up for the 25th of October, I can't wait to see what happens.
I expected to be in the hotel though. Bought a load of night vision cameras and a recorder to document the stay. Lol now no where to plug into. In fact proberly not allowed video at all they say, but there are a few videos of scare rooms from past years. Photos are ok though.

Last year was good and the videos made the wedding look fun.
A video ban is not confirmed just possible when I asked by email.:)

Basically, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I pity anyone who's prepared to give Merlin £280+ to camp in a ruin with next to no facilities, and among god knows how many people, no matter how good the entertainment is.

That's area I was thinking of too. I tried to get down there once while exploring, and from what I understand they used to have the archives down there, some offices, and a recording studio? Don't know how much of that is true though or even if its all still used.

Best way to describe the archives location is above the TotT finale corridor/ sanctuary exit. The recording studio (isn't really used anymore) is above (maybe a bit further along) the sanctuary finale on the same level. When you go down the stairs in Sanctuary and you come to a landing half way down with the corridor blocked at both sides (you carry on down another level) that's where the recording studio is.

Archives are accessed by a door on the TotT exit corridor (there is a spiral staircase up to them) but the toilet is just behind the door on the exit of the mazes. It's all fairly well locked down in that part of the west wing so you would have to break in to get yo them which I don't recommend.

Old ride stuff, pictures and concepts. Most of our Talbot Street Tuesday album on our a Facebook page comes from the archives as we where allowed in a few years ago.

Ahhh right, fair enough. :) So will it have old advertising posters and ride entrance signs?

As said it's all in our Talbot Street Tuesday gallery on Facebook. Don't want to get too off topic.

Looks like details will be published some time next week!

DspDWvD.png

Image released for the Ultimate Sleepover on the towers website in there short break section:
Sleepover%20Carousel.jpg

For the very first time the doors of the gothic Towers will be opened as you are invited to bed down and experience the terror that lies within the historic walls.
Few know the dark secrets that the plague the Towers, but only once the doors have been locked and the crowds gone do the shadows begin to creep. Join us on a sleep over like no other…will you survive the night?

Looks very... None towers... If that makes sense?

Looks more suited for Thorpe but hey ho...

Last edited: