• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2016

I had actors around me when I did the pitch black rope section. This I agree was very un-nerving, and I had done Molly beforehand! There were 2 or 3 actors in here, they had white stobes on their heads which would flash at you as they came up to your face, then disappear into the darkness again

Don't remember the strobes, just remember an actor pulling me up off the floor, putting my hand on the rope and telling me to follow it if I wanted to get out alive. That, along with other people fumbling about coming in the opposite direction and the odd actor made it terrifying!

More so than Molly Crow tbh, maybe felt more vulnerable as eyes weren't protected in Sub and you kinda knew they couldn't do anything too extreme in Molly as people would be running round like headless chickens.

That dark section was a brilliant addition, It felt like I took forever, and then randomly seeing people from your group only to be split up yet again was good.

Love to see almost the same again, slight layout change, only one ending, chainsaw and alien still featured, but a different ending. I feel a couple of things can be lost, like the dark section.
As i did notice, quite a few things need working on. Overall a great maze. Quite sad i didn't expeirence Operation Lockdown.

As i did notice, quite a few things need working on. Overall a great maze. Quite sad i didn't expeirence Operation Lockdown.
I wouldn't expect a brand new maze to be perfect, but it was very good. With a maze so ambitious some things wont work and personally, I don't think the dark section or alternate endings did (though it was only the second day of scarefest and I was completely alone in the dark section). Something that definately worked though was being split up. That and the chainsaw ending made it the best maze (and concept) towers have ever done

very odd to be having just Scarefest weekends, then normal week day park, will they be taking all the decorations down during the week ? :rolleyes:

very odd to be having just Scarefest weekends, then normal week day park, will they be taking all the decorations down during the week ? :rolleyes:
No, the theming will stay up but the mazes won't be open and the shows (!) won't be on. It will be like the week building up to on previous years, whereby everything is set and ready, but the Scarefest attractions will be SBNO.

So 1 day less spread out over a longer period. Gonna be a very watered down scarefest. :(

I don't see why it should be watered-down if it is the same number of days, just weekends & half-term only. Although it may be hard for them to recruit actors I guess if they don't get as much work

Here is the attendance pattern based on queue time data from 2015 Scarefest:
An2P1EC.png

The change to the schedule simply means that the Monday to Thursday the week before half term will no longer be Scarefest days in exchange for 1 extra weekend.

Looking at the attendance pattern this is a completely sensible business decision. The extra weekend will be far more beneficial than 4 quiet midweek days.

Many people bemoaned these days in the Scarefest 2015 thread as having no atmosphere, and the actors sitting around doing nothing looking bored. Really no major loss a good change to the schedule.

That and the chainsaw ending made it the best maze (and concept) towers have ever done

Don't agree that the chainsaw ending made it one of the best mazes, the Carnival ending in 2013 as well as Molly Crowe's finales were far superior to the chainsaw ending, to me that ending didn't make sense.

Don't agree that the chainsaw ending made it one of the best mazes, the Carnival ending in 2013 as well as Molly Crowe's finales were far superior to the chainsaw ending, to me that ending didn't make sense.
Although it wasn't as sophisticated as Molly Crowe or carnival (I presume, I never did it), the chainsaw was for scarier. For me personally, it was the only part of scarefest where I thought "****, this isn't an actor, that's a real chainsaw, were going to die". As good as Molly's ending was, it didn't feel as real to me.

And I don't agree that it made no sense. It fit in well with the maze, rather than the chainsaw wielding clown in the big top...

Seen on Screamscape a post from TT Facebook where a source has said there will be a new maze for 2016 and TOTT will return.

I would have thought both of last year's new mazes would return this year with a few enhancements. Sub Species definitely deserves another year.
Hopefully we will find out more soon.

Seen on Screamscape a post from TT Facebook where a source has said there will be a new maze for 2016 and TOTT will return.

I would have thought both of last year's new mazes would return this year with a few enhancements. Sub Species definitely deserves another year.
Hopefully we will find out more soon.
I would safely say that ToTT and Sub-Species are highly likely to return. As for Molly Crowe... I can see it being replaced. Not sure what will happen with regards to the scare zones this year, though.

:)

I would safely say that ToTT and Sub-Species are highly likely to return. As for Molly Crowe... I can see it being replaced. Not sure what will happen with regards to the scare zones this year, though.

:)

Personally I would like to see a new storyline for TOTT, however most unlikely.