• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Last year, I went in trick o treat town and got more sweets than TPG live did (last year), is it possible that he didn't knock on ALL the doors?

Also, its possible that they start giving out more sweets the later into the event/night even, it gets.

Weren't there a lot of complaints last year regarding a lack of sweets? Hence why it ended up being so unpopular.

It's tricky as you're paying for a highly themed experience with actors, however, most people will judge the attraction on the number of sweets their little ones have at the end.

Can you at least tell us how long it is, and how scammed you feel?

Or, how about this, whats it like compared to the Dick Turpin scene in the dungeons?

'We’ve left the invitation feeling a bit disappointed. The story wasn’t explained before you entered the experience like it was at The Terminal at Thorpe Park. The bench that you sit on / try to sit on isn’t actually big enough to sit on so you just hover for 10 minutes during your experience. The sound effects and everything used are very clever but we just wish we understood what we just entered.
The pre show for the attraction sees you enter a lift. Which was so busy had us cramped up to other guests and made the experience very uncomfortable and unpleasant.' from Theme Park Guide

So wait, you’re not actually laying in some coffin-esque themed thing? You just sit on a bench?

'We’ve left the invitation feeling a bit disappointed. The story wasn’t explained before you entered the experience like it was at The Terminal at Thorpe Park. The bench that you sit on / try to sit on isn’t actually big enough to sit on so you just hover for 10 minutes during your experience. The sound effects and everything used are very clever but we just wish we understood what we just entered.
The pre show for the attraction sees you enter a lift. Which was so busy had us cramped up to other guests and made the experience very uncomfortable and unpleasant.' from Theme Park Guide
This is the reason why I always do Scarefest on the second weekend. Gives them chance to iron out issues like this. Yes, there's an argument it shouldn't be like this any time - first day or not - but you have to expect teething problems to start with. Obviously if the experience itself is rubbish - ie the actual audio bit inside, then that's another matter...

That said, it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when you have a bad run through on a new experience like this, maybe Towers should be offering some sort of compensation like a free rerun later in the day or on another visit if they know it's struggling to start with. Would certainly help reduce the disappointment factor.

A lot of people are saying it's disappointing/confusing and there isn't even enough room to sit down! I genuinely thought you were going to lie down in it :tearsofjoy: perhaps that's not realistic but it's what it sounded like was going to happen. That settles it then, I won't be booking any of the mazes this year!

Can you at least tell us how long it is, and how scammed you feel?

Or, how about this, whats it like compared to the Dick Turpin scene in the dungeons?
It was crammed in the actual sit down bit and one side will only fit certain sized people... absolutely nothing to be scared about. A very odd experience yet the way the audio was done was good

Last edited:
I did feel it was all feeling a bit rushed this week, only looked like they finished it yesterday to be fair. So no real surprises to hear these reviews.

On a side note, I noticed in photos that The Invitation appears to have a specific RAP entrance.

Do scare mazes usually have RAP entrances? I thought their upcharge nature meant that they didn’t really get queues, thus negating the need for an RAP entrance, but I’m clearly wrong there…

On a side note, I noticed in photos that The Invitation appears to have a specific RAP entrance.

Do scare mazes usually have RAP entrances? I thought their upcharge nature meant that they didn’t really get queues, thus negating the need for an RAP entrance, but I’m clearly wrong there…
I don’t think so but apparently they’ve all got a RAP entrance this year

With no outdoor maze this year and this Invitation thing sounding like you're crammed in (I won't stand because of my back), it sounds like doing the mazes as soon as they open when they're dead is more of a no brainer than ever before.

With no outdoor maze this year and this Invitation thing sounding like you're crammed in (I won't stand because of my back), it sounds like doing the mazes as soon as they open when they're dead is more of a no brainer than ever before.
Precisely what we're doing ;)

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk