• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Yes we got all 4 for 26. Don't bother with the invitation. The audio element is excellent yet i walked out laughing how bad it was. Out of the other 3 mazes based on our run through of Friday evening The attic, mines and darkest depths.
Ye my choice is currently Altonville and Attic but I've heard some positive reviews for Darkest depths and some mixed reviews for Attic

If that's the case, why did Thorpe invite all the vloggers to their press event and not just Instagrammers and Tik Tockers? I always see Thorpe as more intune with teenagers, young adults and young couples than Towers (certainly when it comes to Scarefest), so it would make sense they went down this route too surely?

I've always found it odd that Thorpe have a press night and Towers doesn't for Scarefest, and that they allow filming inside the mazes on these nights - often with big white spotlights on the vloggers so completely ruining any atmosphere the maze may have, and of course ruining any surprises in them.

Again I think you answered your own question, Thorpe held a press night, so if having a dedicated night it makes sense to invite everyone. Whereas AT don't have a dedicated night so are being more selective about who they want to invite along.

Ye my choice is currently Altonville and Attic but I've heard some positive reviews for Darkest depths and some mixed reviews for Attic
I’m not doing them this year because of how bored I’ve got but Altonville Mine Tours is excellent so I would do that if I were you. Of the other two, I’d personally choose The Attic as I think it’s better but it’s up to you

£32 is too steep for me based on the mixed reviews of the scare mazes this year. Therefore Ive decided to just do 2. Invitation is out the picture as that doesn't look good but I'm torn which to pick out of the other 3. So which 2/3 mazes should I pick? I've never done the mazes before so which 2 would you say are the best experience for a first timer?
Well, Altonville Mine Tours is consistently the best one, so its mainly a choice between The Attic and Darkest Depths I'd say...

On an unrelated note, I have a theory about why Alton are using influencers rather than Vloggers.

My theory is that the Instagram crowd would be more likely to be experiencing the mazes for the first time and Alton are banking on this as damage control for the outdated mazes.

Just to note, can we please utilise the spoiler tag when talking about the content of the mazes. Some people may not wish to know what happens before going into the mazes. Thanks :)

So I popped up to towers on Friday for a few hours. Didn’t bother with the mazes, but we stood outside the invitation before it opened. At 15.15 there was still staff running in and out with drills, saws, bits of wood, etc. ive never seen anything look so rushed and panicked. The first guests stumbled out at about 15.45, even the ents managers had given up waiting and left before the guests had gone through. I’ve never seen a group of so many bored looking people coming out of a maze. We spoke to a couple we knew and they said don’t bother.

It’s actually the first scarefest ever where I’m probably not even going to bother buying tickets for the mazss, I’ve done the old mazes to death over the years, and with the invitation getting such bad reviews I don’t think I wish to waste my cash on it.

So I popped up to towers on Friday for a few hours. Didn’t bother with the mazes, but we stood outside the invitation before it opened. At 15.15 there was still staff running in and out with drills, saws, bits of wood, etc. ive never seen anything look so rushed and panicked. The first guests stumbled out at about 15.45, even the ents managers had given up waiting and left before the guests had gone through. I’ve never seen a group of so many bored looking people coming out of a maze. We spoke to a couple we knew and they said don’t bother.

It’s actually the first scarefest ever where I’m probably not even going to bother buying tickets for the mazss, I’ve done the old mazes to death over the years, and with the invitation getting such bad reviews I don’t think I wish to waste my cash on it.
I think it's worth doing once for the experience, but it's a bit steep at £9. It's also not recommended for anyone who's claustrophobic, as the pre-show rooms are tiny and they cram them full like sardines in a tin. I felt quite uncomfortable in there, and I feel sorry for the actors who have to squeeze their way from one end of the room to the other.

we stood outside the invitation before it opened. At 15.15 there was still staff running in and out with drills, saws, bits of wood, etc. ive never seen anything look so rushed and panicked. The first guests stumbled out at about 15.45, even the ents managers had given up waiting and left before the guests had gone through.
I have a theory about that, a lot of people are saying that the ending is very abrupt and my theory, is that there is meant to be a ending setpiece that is simply not built yet and that by friday, it will be ready.

As a bonus theory, what if the original plan was to have The Terminal in the Sub-Terra building and The Invitation at Thorpe and for whatever reason, they swapped it last minute and now...well...
It would explain why we saw the audio guys in Sub-Terra aswell.

I visited Scarefest on Sunday 9th October. I'm not an AP holder, so I paid £42.00 for the privilege of entry and then £32.00 for 4 scare 'attractions'. The park really has not bothered at all past Towers Street. Lighting was adequate in most places, but that is really where the theming ends.

I don't want to risk sounding negative (cough) but The Invitation is hands down the most atrocious excuse for an attraction I've experienced in my 20+ years of visiting theme parks and scare events. Poor doesn't even come close to it. It screams rushed, budget, badly thought out and lazy. I would 100% recommend saving your cash. I've not done a Darkfield production before, and the only takeaway from my experience was the audio was very clear. 0/10 would not recommend it.

I genuinely used to love Scarefest, Sub-species and The Sanctuary were personal favourites over the years, but it is simply too expensive to warrant the experience and I will personally not return until they pump some much-needed cash into the event.

I'd agree with those as the top 2. I've always loved good ol' Skin Snatchers (I still call it that after all these years) and the Attic has been good these past 2 seasons. Never warmed to Darkest Depths. Always found it dull. I'm also only doing 2 this year (if I bother going at all) and I want to do attic and give the Skin Snatchers a send-off (surely it'll be it's last season?).

Does anyone know how many people are on park on the busiest scarefest days? Not sure what the capacity is now days

Does anyone know how many people are on park on the busiest scarefest days? Not sure what the capacity is now days
The last capacity figure I heard for Towers was 28,000, but that was back in 2014 and much has changed since then, so I’m not sure if 28,000 is still the figure now.

I don't know the figure, but I would expect this Friday (the day I'm visiting) to be the quietest day of Scarefest coming up (maybe apart from Halloween). I would imagine every other day will be very busy indeed.

The capacity of the park these days is lower than the capacity of the park in say 2010. If you had anything close to 28,000+ guests in Alton Towers at any one time it would completely fall apart. I'm not sure what they cap the capacity at for events like Scarefest and Fireworks but would presume it is closer to 20,000.

I don't know the figure, but I would expect this Friday (the day I'm visiting) to be the quietest day of Scarefest coming up (maybe apart from Halloween). I would imagine every other day will be very busy indeed.
Well I'm going on 28th so I'm expecting it to be packed. My current plan is:
Rita
Th13teen
Galactica
Nemesis
Oblivion
Spinball
Attic and Altonville
Smiler
Nemesis
Wicker man
So that's 9 rides and 2 mazes. Might be hard to fit in but hopefully get dark forest done early and then straight to FV. I'm not going to bother with day rides on Smiler or WM as I know they'll be very busy all day so 1 long queue is enough

Well I'm going on 28th so I'm expecting it to be packed. My current plan is:
Rita
Th13teen
Galactica
Nemesis
Oblivion
Spinball
Attic and Altonville
Smiler
Nemesis
Wicker man
So that's 9 rides and 2 mazes. Might be hard to fit in but hopefully get dark forest done early and then straight to FV. I'm not going to bother with day rides on Smiler or WM as I know they'll be very busy all day so 1 long queue is enough
Book The Attic and Altonville Mine Tours for as early as you can and you’ll be (likely) straight in