• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scottish Independence yes or no?

Well the smoke has settled and now we find ourselves all together again so what does this mean?
Well for a start England now has to have a say in what happens next, how can 3.5 million hold the other 60 odd million to ransom.
I not into this regional garbage either as that's just a Labour idea to get out of the East lothian question.
Personally I'd like to see the Scottish, Welsh and NI parliaments scrapped and new assembly's set up in Endland, Scotland, Wales and NI containing only the MP's from that area, these then decide the devolved issues that are all the same in all four country's.
Then the same MP'S also report to Westminster for un-devolved issues, they can do two jobs for the price of one and we might get some value out of them.

What can NOT happen is for the Scottish to get more powers and England nothing, it has to be the same for all four country's and that includes ripping up the Barnet formula.

Anything further that makes it even more less equal then the English will be calling for a referendum to leave the UK.

What we really need in this country are regional parliaments. Instead of putting all the power and money into Westminster, let regions decide what's best for themselves.

So hopefully this decision will mean more powers for all!

:)

Whilst we're at it, scrap the party system and directly elect from a small number of candidates in the Ranked Voting system......

Well that was the easiest profit I've ever made, betting on NO.

Bring in proportional representation - although despite what Scotland claims, it is as fairly represented as what can be under the archaic first past the post system.

Well that was the easiest profit I've ever made, betting on NO.

Bring in proportional representation - although despite what Scotland claims, it is as fairly represented as what can be under the archaic first past the post system.

We already had a vote on this and rejected it.

Whilst we're at it, scrap the party system and directly elect from a small number of candidates in the Ranked Voting system......

I don't think this would work because surely you would just end up with people that have similar viewpoints banding together to get certain legislation passed, which would turn into a party!

I'm not sure I agree with devolved powers at all, I'd rather they were totally legislatively independent with their own parliaments, but still part of the overall UK, with no MPs from other countries in their respective parliaments.