• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

2lt9q9.jpg

In other news Kraken Unleashed will open June 16th with a newly themed queue line and a free virtual queue system.

May 26th is when the new show "pop" will open at Nautilus Theater.

EDIT:

"To bring Infinity Falls to life, designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and the flowing rivers found within. Each raft will twist and turn through a lush jungle environment as guests experience the feel of exhilarating Class IV rapids. A unique vertical elevator will lift each raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below.

“Water makes up more than 70% of our planet,” said Brian Morrow, Vice President of Theme Park Design Experience. “We developed Infinity Falls to tell new stories that showcase the beauty and sheer power of water and the amazing wildlife that lives in it. The result is a new river rapids adventure for our guests to explore, and actively help freshwater ecosystems in a way that only SeaWorld can bring to life.”

The addition of Infinity Falls is the perfect addition to SeaWorld’s ever-growing ride portfolio. From the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken to the water flume fun of Journey to Atlantis, Infinity Falls will soon join the park’s famed attractions as a must-do experience in Orlando.

Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.

Infinity Falls will open at SeaWorld Orlando in summer 2018."

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be a great addition. I really hope Intamin don't screw this up.

Giraffica/Pilgrim's and Shoot the Rapids were solid rides on the surface, but their insistence to over engineer everything means both those ended up in the scrapheap after only a few seasons.

It does baffle me slightly why operators continue to trust them.

SeaWorld do have a good relationship with Intamin so I can only presume that that's the reason that they have been chosen. SeaWorld's intamin rides have run largely problem free once they've opened (Shipwreck Rapids, Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury, Wave Breaker in Texas this year)

On another note, I hope the next two major projects at SeaWorld Orlando (other than the already announced Orca Encounter) will be a new dark ride and animal habitats to replace Wild Arctic and a new launch coaster (possibly from Mack). This could possibly run along the perimiter of the park behind Bayside Stadium, over the education pavillions and over the parking toll booths as was the original intent with Mako.

I think a new rollercoaster needs to be family focused with a low height restriction, I know they have JtA and the rapids soon, but all 3 major coasters have a 1.4m height restriction which isn't ideal for families.

In terms of attractions that are family friendly they have JTA, Antarctica, Turtle Trek, Wild Arctic (oh god), Sky Tower, Shamu Express roller coaster and now Infinity Falls. If SeaWorld want to appeal more to thrill seekers I think a Mack launch coaster would be perfect as it isn't so intense that families can't enjoy it and it has a lower 1.3m height restriction :)

True. I just think a true family coaster would really round out the park. A Mack launch would be nice though :)

New rapids are always good news! :D

Can't wait to see what these are like and ride them whenever I am next in Florida.

:)

Do we have a SeaWorld San Diego thread?

PETA is about as reliable a source about SeaWorld as the mirror is about Alton Towers. According to Polar Bears International, Szenja was above the average lifespan for a Polar Bear so thar is likely to have played a part. We won't know for sure for several weeks though.

Really can't stand PETA, they won't be satisfied until all of the animals are dead just like the ones in their so called shelters.

So a Polar Bear is seperated from it's lifetime partner, pines for it's partner, refuses to eat, and dies.
But let's not blame Seaworld...they were just supporting a breeding programme.
Time caged animals were taken out of the profit seeking company profile, before the organisation goes completely tits up.
But I can't see how you can turn it all into a rant against PETA.

rob666 with all due respect that argument is completely ridiculous. Are you suggesting that animals at SeaWorld should live forever? Szenja was above the average lifespan for a Polar Bear, if she passed away at this age in the wild I doubt you would be blaming her environment then. SeaWorld participates in a species survival breeding plan for Polar Bears and both Snowflake and Szenja have been part of that. Having animals at accredited wildlife parks is more important now than ever before due to humanity's ignorace and refusal to do anything about the problems that we have ourselves caused. Polar Bears are not doing well in the wild, icecaps are fast dissapearing with devastating effects. That's why conservation organisations like WWF and Polar Bears International support SeaWorld and other accredited facilities. The fact stands that you cannot find one reputable organisation that has condemned SeaWorld or ignored the importance of accredited Wildlife parks.

As for the seperation argument, if you knew more about animals or had even done the slightest bit of independent research without believing everything you read you would know that Polar Bears are extremely solitary animals and that Szenja and Snowflake has been moved for species survival programmes many times before with no adverse effect. There is absolutely no evidence that this contributed to Szenja's passing and I would advise you to listen more to conservationists that dedicate their lives to these animals and are truly qualified to be talking about them, not PETA and their headline grabbing nonsense.

To be honest this changes nothing, it is how it always was; PETA are bad and SeaWorld are bad.

Jelly and ice cream when both of them are gone.

I have plenty of time.

As I don't live in captivity in a paddling pool and so am likely to live my natural full life expectancy.

Butbutbut.... Zoos are a GOOD thing. Keeping wild animals in cages and making them dance for our entertainment and making them breed and selling their offspring to the highest bidder is being kind to animals!

(Seriously though, PETA do not help things).