• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the Aquatica-SeaWorld free shuttle is still running, if not is there an easy alternative route between the two parks? I’m just hoping to get some re-rides on Mako!

I'm hearing that this may be the final day for Shamu Express, unclear if this is to do with the transformation into Sesame Street Land for 2019/2020, although I'd guess that it probably is.

More to follow.....

I'm hearing that this may be the final day for Shamu Express, unclear if this is to do with the transformation into Sesame Street Land for 2019/2020, although I'd guess that it probably is.

More to follow.....
Are they replacing Shamu Express with a new kiddie coaster, or is it being rethemed?

Rethemed and repainted with a brand new train apparently, not confirmed though.

It only opened in 2006 as part of the Believe project, so it's not too old.
Ah. Interesting. I was only thinking that if the area doesn't open until 2019, then isn't it a bit early to close Shamu Express now if it's only getting rethemed? Or would this be a really in-depth retheme, like when the Lost Continent rides were rethemed to Harry Potter at Universal?

This is Sea world we are talking about. Imagine combining Cedar Flags lack of theming efforts combined with Merlin having their original vision not achieved and you get Sea World's more recent theming efforts. I would simply expect everything to be just be bright and colourful, with more style than substance.

This is Sea world we are talking about. Imagine combining Cedar Flags lack of theming efforts combined with Merlin having their original vision not achieved and you get Sea World's more recent theming efforts. I would simply expect everything to be just be bright and colourful, with more style than substance.
Mako's theming is nice, in my opinion. Antarctica and Manta are pretty stunning, also. Furthermore, as @Brad97 mentioned, Cobra's Curse has excellent theming. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, though.

I try to not double post, but I can't help it :p

Several attractions in Shamu's Happy Harbor have now closed for construction on the new Sesame Street land. These are:

-Shamu Express
-Fun Ship
-Net Climb
-Seven Seas Railway
-Swishie Fishies
-Water Works Play Zone

The following attractions remain open (for now at least):

-Sea Carousel
-Jazzy Jellies
-Flying Fiddler
-Ocean Commotion

I'd say this is practically confirmed to be opening in 2019.

If I do say so myself, SeaWorld Orlando is having some serious investment at the minute:

2015: Sea Lion High

2016: Mako, Manatee Rehabilitation Area

2017: Dolphin Nursery (Kraken Unleashed RIP)

2018: Infinity Falls

2019: Sesame Street Area

2020: large new project, stay tuned!

Orca Encounter is/was also scheduled for 2019, although I have heard that it may not be coming to Orlando after all.

Last edited:
It stands to reason that the park is having heavy investment after all the abuse over the past decade.

:)

I'm glad that SeaWorld is investing heavily in their parks. I just wish the Busch parks got some more love too!