SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Danny, 8th Aug 2012.

1. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Mako does operate on one train on some quieter days, but I don't think I've ever heard about them sending trains half-filled with sandbags!

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  2. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

B&M’s wouldn’t need sandbags, Arrow are notoriously energy inefficient (Big one suffers because BPB wanted to maintain the height down the promenade, all other arrow hypers lose height very quickly). Hence the sandbags when they can’t guarantee to fill trains.

Matt N and Dipper_Dave like this.
  3. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

Look at Orion at King's for example of B&M energy efficiency--first drop is 300ft and the tallest element is over 200ft

Last edited: 17th Aug 2019
  4. Dipper_Dave

Dipper_Dave TowersStreet Member

That looks like a beast of a ride

5. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    The lift hill is 287ft high, whereas isn't the tallest hill in the actual layout the treble-clef style hill at 202ft?

6. Doublethink

Sorry yes your right. Drop is 300 (lift 287) and the tallest element is over 200 ft but some way down the layout

Matt N likes this.
  7. Dipper_Dave

Dipper_Dave TowersStreet Member

Sunday night riding in Orlando. Mako at 9:15 PM. Whole train walk on, except front row, 2 train wait. Whole ride in darkness after lift hill. No hands ride on front row. Just awesome.

Preceded by a soaking on Infinity Falls rapids with bizarre vertical lift & ace slope to finish with, and followed by a drenching on walk on Journey To Atlantis, right before closing, literally straight onto a boat. I forgot how awesome this ride is. A cross between River Caves, Valhalla and a Log Flume. The wettest I have ever left a theme park !

Last edited: 26th Aug 2019
  8. Austin Towers

Austin Towers TowersStreet Member

18 times in a row we walked that queue line at night a couple of years ago. Back left is my favourite seat.

Doublethink and Dipper_Dave like this.
  9. Doublethink

As I have said before seaworld was the real supprise park for me in orlando. I ranked it second To AK as my favourite out there.

Walk on ques for mako definitely helped that ranking.

Loved infinity falls, credit to it for getting you soaked without just using water effects and fountains like popeye and some of the other soaker rapids I have been on

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  10. Danny

Danny TPWW's no.1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Alongside the hotly anticipated Iron Gwazi announcement, here is a look at Ice Breaker, SWO's new coaster:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Quad launched LSM coaster with a 1.2m height restriction. 52mph, 93ft tall beyond vertical spike with 'reverse air time'.

Looks quite promising for a family thrill coaster; a shame about the bloody restraints though!

Matt N and Brad97 like this.
  11. Brad97

Brad97 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    A family thrill coaster in-between the three B&Ms and Journey to Atlantis was sorely needed. This will be great for the park.

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  12. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Doesn't Florida have enough launch coasters?

13. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    This is actually the first launch coaster in SeaWorld Orlando, so it really fills a void for the park! I admit that the Central Florida area is somewhat saturated with launch coasters already, but if you view this with regards to what SeaWorld already has, then it definitely fills a gap, if you ask me, especially with the fact that it has more of a family thrill focus than SWO's other coasters!

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  14. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Premier Launch Coasters are good fun usually - especially this type (Full Throttle etc.). However, I can't help but worry about capacity. SeaWorld somehow manage to run their B&M's in a pretty mediocre way so this could be pretty bad...!

Poopoohead likes this.