• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It seems as though they have done very little from when I was there- a few weeks ago. Probably because they don't know exactly where the footers will go at this stage, so mainly it'll just be digging the pit. I would have thought a bit more work would have been done by now though.

I can remember it seemed ages before they did anything with thirteen but then it went up really quickly I'm expecting to see major things happening towards the end of augest

josht said:
I can remember it seemed ages before they did anything with thirteen but then it went up really quickly I'm expecting to see major things happening towards the end of augest
I think the track will appear on site at the end of September, but the majority of construction will take place during closed season, so that the world's first element is not ruined.

In August, I think the groundwork will be completed, so they can get the track up quickly.

I'm wondering whether Oblivion will be included in the 2013 Half Term line-up as they may want to keep the area clear/hide it away. On the other hand they could want to show it off to everyone! :p

Ollie said:
I'm wondering whether Oblivion will be included in the 2013 Half Term line-up as they may want to keep the area clear/hide it away. On the other hand they could want to show it off to everyone! :p
I think that it'll be included so that SW7 can be promoted, and so people will return to ride it.
More money for Alton...

Also, they could add actors around the area, similar to those seen when Oblivion was being constructed.
This would be a nice touch for us!

Longy said:
Also, they could add actors around the area, similar to those seen when Oblivion was being constructed.
This would be a nice touch for us!

Sorry, it just seems tragic that we are hoping that it gets the same amount of attention as Oblivion, when after 15 years it should really be gaining so much more. :( You're right, it would be a lovely touch but it should be expected to be honest.

I agree though that themed actors such as seen in the Magic Factory video would be immense. ;)

I've heard track will arrive on the 1st of september and begin to be erected around 3-4 september. Gerstlauers go up really quick and i think the layout will be complete by christmas time.

Nemesismad said:
I've heard track will arrive on the 1st of september and begin to be erected around 3-4 september. Gerstlauers go up really quick and i think the layout will be complete by christmas time.

Please could you tell us your source?

Not that I think it's unfeasible, in fact it seems very likely to be the precise date. I just wondered where you'd heard it from. :)

I guess it'll also depend on the world's first if it's a large engineered element like Th13teen has. If that's the case then we'd probably see ride hardware arriving earlier to ensure there is enough time to fit the component and ensure it is working correctly.

If on the other hand it's just something like a new train design, or another minor factor then they could allow vertical construction to start later on, as it'd more than likely not take as long to build up.

Around September time does sound reasonable though, as it's towards the end of the season so there are less people around to be nosing around, and also if areas need to be closed off it can be done over the closed season so as not to disrupt guests :)

There was an estimated date within one of the planning documents, however I cannot remember which doc or what date it was!

I completley understand that by me not wanting to reveal who told me you guys will think i'am making it up but i assure you i'am not :). All i no is that 8 weeks today we will hopefully be seeing track on site, it's penciled down on my calandar and i cannot wait :p

Thiteen construction only started to really kick in around this point in 2009 . i went around 20th June 2009 and that week was when they started digging the trenches for section between the station and lift hill and the ground work for the station.

Although there is lots of ground work involved in SW7 the wont have to create a large underground tunnel which takes a large amount of time to construct like they did with 13 (the backwards section).

Love that aerial shot, that's the first time it's looked a big enough area for this tangled mess of steel to fit into. Going to be tight though that's for sure! September sounds about right for track going up. Saw started to go up in the middle of September if memory serves?

mrbrightside said:
There was an estimated date within one of the planning documents, however I cannot remember which doc or what date it was!
I think the date was between 10th-17th September for vertical construction to start. I know for a fact the start of September is the planned date though to commence vertical construction.

This should give you some idea on how compact this thing is going to be :)

Untitled-1.jpg

I think the station is further back into the trees and the spider is bigger and higher up on its position on the map, its going to be compact but not that compact because remember you have to fit a queue, kiosk, 8 inversions and another theming feature on that site :)

Yeh the station is pretty much in the woods or not far off. I found this online i didn't make it myself, it just gives us a rough idea on how it's going to look.

I know it is in the tree report but did it mention how many trees would have to be felled? I just can't bring myself to read the whole thing ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.