• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
it's probably just a short run to go just before a breakrun?

see what i mean here?

144d1a7c28384e6cba689ce.png

It's probably a straight section before the breaks. Like that one after the magnetic breaks and before the main breaks in the recreation.

Also...
Made you look.

Blaze said:
It's probably a straight section before the breaks. Like that one after the magnetic breaks and before the main breaks in the recreation.

Also...
Nothing.

Muse are a rubbish band.

Maybe, just maybe, the plans are not totally accurate and this is a vertical drop section?

Dar said:
Blaze said:

Also...
Nothing.

Muse are a rubbish band.

Maybe, just maybe, the plans are not totally accurate and this is a vertical drop section?

I am still thinking their is a vertical drop section in the building, albeit a small one

You mean like Saw's epic first drop? I'm not sure there will be. If the trains are four rows long, they will be too long to make such tight virtical rotation.
I reckon that the hight between the station and the bottom of the hole will be used up by whatever the gimmick is... IE, some form of trick track; whether it spins, rotates, turns, tips, bounces, dunks you in a pool of water, or smashes your head into a spike... is still up for debate.

Sam said:
TowersTimes have a photo which shows the straight bit of track (brake run...? or maybe something inside the building) a bit more clearly:

400245_10151329871548185_350482675_n.jpg

Edit: Ignore me, if it was a brake run or some other 'special' piece of track, it wouldn't look like that.

I think this track piece will be were the slope of the final brake run levels out into the station :)

DiogoJ42 said:
You mean like Saw's epic first drop? I'm not sure there will be. If the trains are four rows long, they will be too long to make such tight virtical rotation.
I reckon that the hight between the station and the bottom of the hole will be used up by whatever the gimmick is... IE, some form of trick track; whether it spins, rotates, turns, tips, bounces, dunks you in a pool of water...

Maybe it is that? Kind of like a giant biscuit!

DiogoJ42 said:
I reckon that the hight between the station and the bottom of the hole will be used up by whatever the gimmick is... IE, some form of trick track; whether it spins, rotates, turns, tips, bounces, dunks you in a pool of water, or smashes your head into a spike... is still up for debate.

I kinda of meant a baby vertical drop, but hey dunking in water is good.

Nemesismad said:
Sam said:
TowersTimes have a photo which shows the straight bit of track (brake run...? or maybe something inside the building) a bit more clearly:

Edit: Ignore me, if it was a brake run or some other 'special' piece of track, it wouldn't look like that.

I think this track piece will be were the slope of the final brake run levels out into the station :)

I actually think it could be before the break-run before the vertical lift. There is meant to be a long bit of track there, so there could be quite a large piece before the breaks, whilst at the end, it looks like the breaks will be just after the last turn.

Nick said:
Nemesismad said:
Sam said:

I actually think it could be before the break-run before the vertical lift. There is meant to be a long bit of track there, so there could be quite a large piece before the breaks, whilst at the end, it looks like the breaks will be just after the last turn.

That can't be a piece of track before the vertical lifthill as there is no 'cut out' in the track for the chain to be fitted. :)

siralgenon said:
Nick said:
Nemesismad said:
Sam said:

That can't be a piece of track before the vertical lifthill as there is no 'cut out' in the track for the chain to be fitted. :)

Yes, but there would be a break-run between this track piece and the lift, which could house the chain motor. There has to be breaks, otherwise there would be deaths at negotiating the tight radius at the bottom of the lift, and I think it's in this place as that stretch of track is particularly long.

I've got a feeling this is the straight piece of track coming out of the building going to the first lifthill, with the bend in the track being from the drop inside the building.

I think it's a dummy piece of track designed to annoy enthusiasts.

*runs*

It very well could be, but frankly I'm not even giving the plans a second thought at the moment given the state of excavation that's not shown on them.

I wouldn't go looking for that piece of track on the plans, as you won't find it! It's probably just a piece of track going into a break run or something like that. You know you need some sort of major construction update when you start discussing where a single piece of track could be though! :p

I'll hopefully provide an end of season photo update tomorrow with a selection of photos from the weekend and last Wednesday.

:)

I think the plans still match. There are a few decent overlays on TTF that show it better than the one on here using the aerial shots:

I borrowed this one from lead piping:
overlay.jpg

Remember this photo was taken at an angle from a Helicopter but the plans are directly overhead. It's also much more zoomed out as the track is not that thick in reality (use Oblivions super thick track as comparison) and so would actually fit if it was scaled properly.

It's not perfect but the plans are known to be rough (that's not the same as inaccurate) and a few very clear points match:
1: There's a wide entry section into the pit. This matches up with the entrance to inversion 3 and exit of inversion 4.
2: The exit at inversion 8 is at an angle, exactly the same angle as the pit.
3: Look closely at where the diggers are on the picture. There is one under the lift hill, another under inversion 1 and a third near the spider like creature where the track is supposed to hug the ground. All areas that need excavation.

As for the depth of that pit remember that the inversion doesn't have to go right to the bottom. The pit could in fact be to accommodate a path so that people can walk under the inversion. Remember that there was some issue with the plans of people getting under them (I think there was only a meters clearace?) and the paths don’t have to be accurate. There are two ways that are shown to get to the rides entrance; a winding path and under the inversions. Could the winding path be disabled access but the main path has some fairly steep steps? Under and through the signature inversion?
It's just a theory (it could be that there is something else there they want to hide) but not unreasonable given the steps down to Oblivions pit just next door.

As for the positioning of the footers firstly not all footers are for track ;) but secondly the plans were made with NoLimits, I think we can assume the exact support location was a bit of a rushed job as there are some points when they intersect the track.

So to cut a long post short all we need is a picture of them excavating the area for the vertical lift hill and I'd say it's shaping up fairly accurately. As it is I'm about 60% certain what we've seen is what we're getting. That still leaves a massive 40% of uncertainty so I'm not claiming this opinion as fact... just yet.

In the plans, the ground is flat and level towards the middle of the ride and not a slope like it is at the minute. Surely if it needs to be leveled, and concrete poured, then that would take time they don't have.

In terms of plans, rough is the same as inaccurate. If the track is going to be as per the plan, then so are footers. The "it's a rough NoLimits export" line doesn't work if you're arguing that the rest is accurate.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.